Reporting Abuse

Packer15

Like it or not, scammers and rulebreakers are too common of a site in Runescape, and whats the way to deal with these rulebreakers, the report abuse button. So I thought, how about a post where people discuss:

1. What to you qualifies as abuse or scamming?

2. How often do you report abuse?

3. Where would you draw the line for who you would report?

4. Do you warn rulebreakers, if so for what rules?

5. Where do you must often see rulebreaking?

6. Any tips for reporting, or in your opion the best way to report.

7. Or any other topic like these.

to help people learn about reporting, and the proper way to do it. So post away and I apologize if I am blatently ripping off another post.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

1.Any rule that is broken.

2.When ever i see a rule broken

3.Anyone, even my best friends would be reported if they broke a rule.

4.No, if they break the rules..thry will get reported no second chances.

5.Heavly populated areas

6.Just report and walk off.

7.None

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

First off, scamming is stuff like luring (I think that was pretty much eliminated, i stopped playing a while ago so i wouldnt know.) item switching, an that kinda stuff. Abuse.. well. thats a hard one. People seem to think anything is abuse these days. Honestly, I dont consider it abuse until you start spamming, constantly following and repeating yourself, and stuff like that. Bad language doesn't bother me at all, and honestly I dont think it should be reportable. (ive had friends banned for calling someone an idiot -.- and for joking around saying i love you lets do it -.-)

In my 2+ years of playing RS before I quit for the first time, I NEVER hit report abuse on any of my accs (I had a main and a pure). I don't believe in it, and I think too many people whine and complain in that game. People report for anything, TBH I think there should be a 48 hr time between reports accept for the macro reporting which should be infinite.

It has to really bother me and interfere with my game playing that cant be solved by using ignore. If someone contacts you on multiple accounts, macros in a way that is interfering with your gaming, or trying to scam you then reporting is fine. If someone says something you dont like, IGNORE THEM, dont ruin their gameplay because they accidentally got mad. Thats happened to me an my friends before, and it sucks because you may be ignorant to this but there are some people out there with actual problems and cannot control this. Me being one of them, I have actually blacked out because of rage, and yes it is a problem that isnt easy to solve, you cant just not get angry its not that easy.

I just ignore them, only people I warn are my friends and i warn them by telling them not to get cought. :P

Everywhere. lol. I broke almost every RS rule myself before, and both my accs had 0 blackmarks. Why you ask, well, I never got reported. (no, I didnt macro to gain anything, I just set up one for 5 mins while i was at the comp to test if they had a detection system.. guess they dont. :3)

Really though, everyone breaks rules. I hear swears every time i log in, theres ways around them, and it doesnt bother me. (im a wow player, that should tell all. :])

Omg he said tip.it! Website advertising, reported.

Omg, he tried to bypass the filter. Offensive language, reported.

Omg, he asked me my "name". Asking for personal details, reported.

Omg, he just said to me he blocks the f2p adverts with a program! Reported.

What a good friend you are <3:

EDIT: Sorry, I was being mean. Don't get mad. I just don't understand why'd you make Jagex rules go before friends. Rules are just rules. Friends are people..

2480+ total

If I was like that, EVERY one of my friends would have been perm banned with no appeal, on all of their accounts. :lol: Yeah, I associate with rule breakers, so? :XD: People that think jagex is a god and we should all be obediant little nubs make me giggle. I don't even obey my government heh.

See any rule broken or abused...

not that many times

friends, i'll warn them...then i might report, haven't gone that far yet

i'll tell them to stop spamming, if not, report

f2p and crowded areas

if you see spam, warn the playeer or tell them after 4 lines, if the continue, report and don't say 'reported'

nope

1. What to you qualifies as abuse or scamming? Any bad-mouthing with any evasion of the censor.

2. How often do you report abuse? A few times daily, I camp and alch at the GE.

My friends, most Tip.Iters(still a few idiots, sorry :? )

Most of the time I just tell them afterwards, they should've read the rules when they signed up for RS; as far as I'm concerned, that's enough of a warning.

GE so much. Wilderness.

6. Any tips for reporting, or in your opinion the best way to report.

Usually I click on the red button entitled 'Report Abuse,' it usually seems to work out quite well.

Epic Phail.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

I only report for offensive language if I am truly offended by what the person is saying, not just because they said a certain word. Scamming includes item switching, lure attempts, "free armor trimming" ect.

I report anyone that has, or that I suspect has (macros) committed a serious offense. I report any scammers, website advertisers (the newbs actually parading around saying something like "go to for free RS membership!!!1one", not someone who says tip.it), password scammers; people like that. For macros; like if I'm rcing, and I see some level 65 in full mith/addy, I'll check their stats. Usually they'll have high rc (often 80-90+), and only their agility and mining levels are also ranked. Then after keeping my eye on them for a while I'll report them.

Since I really only report people for especially bad rule infractions (scamming, advertising scam websites, password scamming, macroing ect) I'd report anyone for those offenses, even a friend. If a friend is capable of such things, they're not really a good friend anyway...

No.

Mostly in places like varrock.

A blatant breaking of a rule, censor evasion, advertising a cheat site, etc. Something that can objectively be verified without any uncertainty.

Now never because I don't play, but I would occasionally for the aforementioned reasons.

I wouldn't report anyone I knew already.

No, it's not the player's responsibility.

I don't really see much rule breaking.

Only report if you're sure. Otherwise you're just going trigger happy hoping to get pmodded or something, and doing it for the wrong reasons.

How often do i report for me is CONSTANTLY.Sometimes when I'm bored I got to f2p Lumbridge and let my report abuse button run wild. The other day I was there for five minutes and reported:

20 Macro's (It was a family so I could report them without the wait)

2 scammers

1 for macroing, real word trading, item scamming, password scamming, and advertising :shock: This one was one of those scam sites for selling gold. the account advertising was a macroer and it asked for U.S. dollars and full rune for the money)

Oh, and I found a way to confirm if someone you reported has been banned :XD:

When you report someone, look him/her up in the hiscores. Check what they are ranked in. Several weeks later (unfortunately, yes, it can take that long for jagex to review an abuse report -.- ) you check their hiscores page again. If it says that they do not feature, they have since been banned. Above i mentioned a total of 23 rule breakers. 7 of them were banned...

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

How often do i report for me is CONSTANTLY.Sometimes when I'm bored I got to f2p Lumbridge and let my report abuse button run wild. The other day I was there for five minutes and reported:

2 scammers

1 for macroing, real word trading, item scamming, password scamming, and advertising :shock: This one was one of those scam sites for selling gold. the account advertising was a macroer and it asked for U.S. dollars and full rune for the money)

When you report someone, look him/her up in the hiscores. Check what they are ranked in. Several weeks later (unfortunately, yes, it can take that long for jagex to review an abuse report -.- ) you check their hiscores page again. If it says that they do not feature, they have since been banned. Above i mentioned a total of 23 rule breakers. 7 of them were banned...

What's your motivation for doing that, other than being bored? Sure you might get a few people banned, but what difference do you really think you're making? Not to say there's anything wrong with wanting to help, but don't you think you can do better things with your time than report bots that will be replaced in a matter of hours?

Directly what is from the Runescape Rules and Guidelines.

Whenever I see someone breaking a rule.

I don't really know, I mean, I generally make long-lasting friends that don't break the rules, so...

Not really, even if it is a bit unkind. They break the rules, they broke

the rules, simple as that :?

Does this question need to even be asked? Pick at free to play world,

and then take your pick on any high level tree on the server.

tipitsig.png

Any Rule broken

Not too often.

I don't have a line. I go case by case.

I'll warn people who are in lumbridge saying "need gf" that it's now a reportable and mutable offense, and if they continue, I'll report em.

Lumbridge f2p yews?

Click report abuse, type in name, choose rule number

none I can think of.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I generally report if this guy goes overdose with curses that are like: Just shut him up. OR noobs trying to cheat on newbs.

I dont really report otherwise because i dont see y u have to...

If a guy does **** I dont report because its just a curse. Does it affect u?

No! cuz its just a game. I am also used to curses and in other games like halo live there is cursing all the time. So WAt? Not like i do those things because i am considerate to others in RS.

Item scamming: Yeah ok its not good but u cant report someone for it.

Why? Because: This is wat theoretically happens

Scammer scene 1

Scammer: Selling one rune pl8 armor 50k!!!

Player A: Lets trade

Trade: Scammer puts in rune pl8/ Player puts in 50k. Decline

Scammer: sry wrong button

Player A: ok trade

Trade: Scammer puts in mith pl8 body. Player puts in 50k Accept.

Trader goes to bank

Player A: Wat w8 no fair (starts crying) no fair.

There is nothing wrong with this believe it or not. Is this good- No

All scammer did was do a trade decline and make a new trade and player A accepted. Scammer didnt force him to do that!!! End of story. No i dont scam. Yes i have been scammed before but u learn ur lesson to read trade screen 2

2 scammers

What's your motivation for doing that, other than being bored? Sure you might get a few people banned, but what difference do you really think you're making? Not to say there's anything wrong with wanting to help, but don't you think you can do better things with your time than report bots that will be replaced in a matter of hours?

Yes, but its SOMETHING. and i really don't go out of my way for it, just when im bored.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

1. Anything that effects me or people around me.

2. Everytime except if they're my friends.

3. Friends you don't report

4. Not realy unless it's mild cursing

5. Crowded Areas

6. Report if it's offensive to YOU or can hurt the community/economy.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Any rule broken except offensive language, because I love to swear too :P

Everytime I see one.

I report everyone except my friend.

no, I usually mind my own buisness and report them. They know when they break rule anyway.

world 2? autotyper paradise.

Report bots and gold farmer for rule 7 :wink:

oie_080707215636np9.png

If anyone is breaking a rule, I report him or her for breaking this rule.

Almost every day.

My close friends.

No, I don't warn rule-breakers.

Banks.

Report everyone who breaks Jagex's rules!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

1. People going out of their way to offend/scam

2. When ever I see it

3. If someone meant it in a jokey sorta way

4. Warn them then report them

5. Skilling areas - Karamanjo, Mining Guild

6. Click the report button in the corner of the screen

spoonology.png

Firstly I'd say rulke breaking etc is not too common, as you make out. The only major issue atm is bots/RWT but thats taking major hits atm.

Anything that breaks Jagex rules. Regardless of what it is.

Whenever I see something that needs reporting. If you want the game to be nice you need to do this. Otherwise there is no chance of them getting punished.

Nowhere, if they break a rule I report them. Simple

If they are new and its an obscure rule (eg chat box flooding) I'll point it out to them. But largely no, if you do they just yell obscenities at you so its easier to just report and carry on.

I see it nowhere often, other than in the bot locations.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1. What to you qualifies as abuse or scamming? Anything thats scamming -.-

2. How often do you report abuse? Never

3. Where would you draw the line for who you would report? Friends

4. Do you warn rulebreakers, if so for what rules? No

5. Where do you must often see rulebreaking? F2P

6. Any tips for reporting, or in your opion the best way to report. Lol

7. Or any other topic like these. Lol

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png