rares price affected by january update?

Bradley_006

Just wondering how rares prices will fluctuate if you need to keep within the 3k limit. Will rares have a set price after it is implemented? And how much does Jagex set the rares prices to? (That we have to trade within 3k of)

Oh and bye bye merchanting.

JaGeX has converted Runescape to Ruined-scape.

picture6sd6.jpg

It will most likely apply to every item...so pretty much every expensive item is screwed. Gf Jagex, you really messed up this one =;

Better sell all your rares before everyone wakes up and realizes what happened.

They will probably be negatively impacted. By the way, the grand exchange still allows trading within a 5% price range or will that be considered an "unbalanced trade" too?

They will probably be negatively impacted. By the way, the grand exchange still allows trading within a 5% price range or will that be considered an "unbalanced trade" too?

GE will sell to anyone, so "uneven" trade within the 5% limit with a random person is possible. Intentional uneven trading with a named person isnt.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

GE will sell to anyone, so "uneven" trade within the 5% limit with a random person is possible. Intentional uneven trading with a named person isnt.

Ok. Party hats and other rares as well as most other expensive items will be going to be traded pretty much exclusively in the GE then.

If a 300m party hat (for example) could be sold at 5% unbalance above normal. THat could trade across 15m per trade.

Thats a fairly fast rate for RWITers in this day and age, although it does require the buyer to have a starting value of atleast 300m.

For RWITing to be fully removed, do the %ages of trading unbalance need to be tightened further? or do rare prices need to fall to a small enough price to make it not worth RWITing with them.

Hmmmmm. I better not speculate again.

I was TOO right last time :pray:

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

If a 300m party hat (for example) could be sold at 5% unbalance above normal. THat could trade across 15m per trade.

Thats a fairly fast rate for RWITers in this day and age, although it does require the buyer to have a starting value of atleast 300m.

Which is enough of a con for it to be used for serious RWIT purposes. Furthermore, there may be other people who buy or sell their party hats, so that would make it even more difficult. But ofcourse it is still a potential loophole.

It might turn out different than we expect now but well 'Always expect the unexpected' although you have an interesting point to be discussed there.

But well 'Duke_Freedom' is right with what he said about the Grand Exchange and it's 5% of the normal market value. Although I am not sure what we can expect from the prices in the future.

And ofcourse this won't affect only rares but other expensive items as well as 'evil_eye_70' stated before.

Hopefully Jagex have taken this into account and have though about a solution. If you ask me there is more than 1 solution to be created, to refrain from ruining there own game.

12242_b3e8cd.png

|Currently going for : 91 Runecrafting|

|Long-term goal : 99 Runecrafting|

|Rares I own so far : Santa|

all rares have dropped like 10-20% so far, just in like 5 hours.

Every cloud has its silver lining.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

remember, after january, people cant give away rares nemore.

So if someone quit's its just getting sold at the current rate, or deleted.

Something to think about.

That's more a long-term effect anyway. But many people with rares already kept them on their accounts when they quit anyway. I don't think it really matters for that.

Every cloud has its silver lining.

Aye, a wise man once said that.

That's more a long-term effect anyway. But many people with rares already kept them on their accounts when they quit anyway. I don't think it really matters for that.

I agree. Players are generally smart, so they know that if they quit and hang onto their items, they can possibly come back at a later time when they "cool off" and be ahead of the game, so to speak. It will just take a little while for us to see the effects of this.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

i don't care how low they drop

i'm not selling my blue party hat

Same here, gonna keep green green phat and santa.

Could care less about how much they cost, but the fact that I have them makes me happy. :D

Runescape is about having fun right? As long as you're somewhat happy. Then again, with all the other updates... hard to see any good sides of this...

icecube7.jpeg

well i say RS is dead. Il probably stick around for the summoning update, and then quit soon after. Killing the wild was too far, drop partys are dead. Christmas gifts are gone.

STEEL WARS are gone...

Pking is gone

Staking is gone

Skilling is gone

Prices are going to drop even worse than the Duel Update

Lending items is gone

Pures are useless completely now

Every skill is pointless now basically

Risk is non existent

And soo much more

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

One more thing:

Even if GE stays like this (within 5%) there could be some problems.

Say, the update happened right now:

Atm, no one is buying their rares at the GE. The prices are waay behind. My red party hat is around 254M over there (Min 241M), while people are selling them on the forum for 220M or lower (not sure, not many red phat trades).

If this update would happen now, people would be forced to buy them for 241M, at least.

I dont know how long it takes for the GE to adapt, but if GE prices arent matching "real" prices, the january update could bring some serious trouble. This isnt only applying for rares of course.