So how can we share loot evenly?

Solidus_77

Edit: GOOD NEWS! this rant is obsolete because jagex is going to make lootshare share loot!! ::'

Wow, this is probably like my first rant. It's obviously about the (future) update but unlike the yelping morons that are just screaming about how they hate the game, I've decided to actually give an explanation.

Yeah, I love monster hunting. It's fun, it's collective, it's teamwork. But how can I get a team effort if they don't let us trade loot? Now correct me if I'm wrong but with this update, if I get a d axe at dks or a hilt at gwd, I won't be able to give my teammates a fair share? This could potentially endanger the whole sport of monster hunting. If they don't find a solution to this problem, looks like I'll be going on constant solo trips. But where's the fun in that? The whole point of monster hunting is having a team.

I'm pretty surprised they missed this. Obviously we aren't each going to receive a special drop of equal value on each trip, so how are we supposed to split the drops evenly? Nobody's going to want to dk/gwd if only one person is going to get rich while the others get nothing. Surely there's a solution, in fact the "solution" that they have is lootshare. Problem is, that doesn't work.

The idea of lootshare is that it's supposed to share the loot. People who do gwd in teams will know that generally there's always one person who gets a lot of the drops, while the others get minimal drops. (I have yet to understand how this happens). Now this isn't a problem, because it's helpful enough to have lootshare tell us what the drops are, but if we can't give our teammates a fair share of big drops like armadyl's plate, then how is a faulty lootshare supposed to be a compensation? I hope that they can find a way around this... and I hope someone explains this problem on the RSOF. I can't because that forum gives me a headache. Anyone have a solution?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Finally a decent rant.

Well I think they should update lootshare some more to compensate for monster hunting or release a Monster Hunting update.

For example:

Jagex can set up a station of sorts in all the big-shot monster hunting areas.

In that station you can sell the drops you get at the Market Price (Yes Jagex will control it) and you can trade past the Unbalanced Trade update in that station area but to trade with the person, you have to be in the ranked in the Clan Channel + Have Lootshare unabled and have to have a certain amount of kills.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Lootshare should be added with depth, somehow connecting to GE.

In detail:

1) As usual, a drop is picked up by one person in a team.

2) Then you place the loot(s) into a window under the new function: Exchange shared loot

3) You're given the option to Split sell, it asks who do you share with: A) Clan members in same world(The clan members you were fighting with in clan chat)

4) The loot's placed in GE similar to the current system.

5) Clan members can now collect the shares from the Collect shared loot

*This part is really the bugger, cause it can be manipulated which makes it too complex (crossing the line of RWT) to implement.

Ex.

You clan friend didn't do anything at all at the dungeon or w/e team hunting it was- then Jagex thinks he's a RWT trader.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

I would think that the easiest solution is to change Lootshare so that it has an option to automatically sell all drops at the market price and split the gold among all the players.

Jason

That's actually a good idea :anxious:

Maybe make it so that drops over a certain value say 500k are sold when dropped and split evenly between players? I for one find the Nature rune drops etc from KBD a better money maker over time than in small amounts.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

You don't. Just wait, Jagex will fix it eventually. Meanwhile, I suggest you go to your local Runescape pub with your friends and roleplay a drunk party. It's fun, it's collective, it's teamwork. :P

2480+ total

The auto-selling is a great suggestion. Assuming it gets sold at the right price (but I guess that's not a problem).

Now what really worries me is what a J-mod said to a clanmate of mine. He basically said "we expect people who didn't get the drop to go back until they do". Now that's just messed up and I seriously hope he wasn't serious. Not only that's unreasonable to expect considering the rarity of drops but also it gives incentive for someone NOT to act for the benefit of a team but instead for their own personal benefit. Terrible.

You don't. Just wait, Jagex will fix it eventually. Meanwhile, I suggest you go to your local Runescape pub with your friends and roleplay a drunk party. It's fun, it's collective, it's teamwork. :P

Meh, I do that in real life already too much :lol: You are correct that it's fun and collective. Only difference is that it's way more expensive in real life.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Wow, an intelligent rant trying to actually find solutions, instead of complaining about the update or complaining about the people who complain.

I had a few ideas on how to fix them, the best by far being auto selling as suggested before. They could base who gets a portion of the drop off either being within 20 squares of the drop (and in the clan chat) or an amount of damage done to monster that dropped the item. It would also probably be a good idea to make it so you can only split with people ranked as a friend or above in your chat (possible make this something you can customize?). Maybe Jagex could make it customizable how much a drop is worth before it is automatically being sold.

I'm trusting that Jagex will make a change to the system they have now, and I'd like to see what their ideas on how to change this are. I think that they will probably have a solution to this problem before the 3k limit (not sure who the hell decided that was a good number :shame: ) comes into affect.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Cool rant, some nice suggestions as well.

Heres one thats similar to the previous, I'll concede that I have no idea how practical it would be because I've yet to sample the joys of group monster killing, but heres something that may work.

A clan of players on one particular clan chat decide to go and tackle some fierce monster with the hope of getting some nice loot.

After a few battles, one of the clan gets the drop of a expensive item.

Heres where my little idea comes in, the guys that are present at the fight get a 'trade option' of splitting there share of the market value of the item over how many people were present at the battle. The funds of the split of the value of the drop are automatically deducted from the bank of the player that keeps the piece of loot and divided equally and fairly amongst the clan members.

Obviously there would be a flaw in this if the player that gets the drop doesn't have enough cash in the first place to split the reward cash, but maybe something along those lines would actually help?

Workable??

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Cool rant, some nice suggestions as well.

Heres one thats similar to the previous, I'll concede that I have no idea how practical it would be because I've yet to sample the joys of group monster killing, but heres something that may work.

A clan of players on one particular clan chat decide to go and tackle some fierce monster with the hope of getting some nice loot.

After a few battles, one of the clan gets the drop of a expensive item.

Heres where my little idea comes in, the guys that are present at the fight get a 'trade option' of splitting there share of the market value of the item over how many people were present at the battle. The funds of the split of the value of the drop are automatically deducted from the bank of the player that keeps the piece of loot and divided equally and fairly amongst the clan members.

Obviously there would be a flaw in this if the player that gets the drop doesn't have enough cash in the first place to split the reward cash, but maybe something along those lines would actually help?

Workable??

Wow, that's a good idea. Suggest it on Jagex forums O.o

I got a few ideas you could use.

How about this: When there is a significant drop picked up by a team member from a monster, example: dragon chain, all the team members that were nearby when the item was picked up will be teleported to a special spot where they can calmly split the loot without the fear of getting killed by a monster respawn.

This would not work if a person from the team drops something from their own inventory then picks it back up. The item must come from a monster.

The loot is then split this way:

The item is sent to the GE to be sold. Together, the team members debate of the selling price until they settle, the majority wins. If one of the players logs out during the debate of the price, he will still get his fair share, however he will not be able to be part of the price decision, obviously. If somehow, all players log out of the special spot before making a decision, then these players will reappear in the special spot until one of them decides on a price.

When that's done, the players get teleported back to the spot where they were before.

Then, when the item sells, the money will be split evenly between the team members. If the GE price for the item fluctuates and the item is now price either below or above the price floors, the system will automatically reajust the price to the closest valid selling value, this without losing the waiting spot of the item.

2480+ total

What about this: when they get a good drop, they can choose between the drop and the money value of that item. That would quite change drops, now you could choose if you want a dragon scmimitar or 100k.

All of your ideas are great, JAGeX should listen to such great players ::'

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

This probaly sounds stupid but its the only idea i can come up with since solidus has already pointed out lootshare is a joke

Maybe we should be able to transfer money between accounts while jagex logs any drop with a value of over 1mil. This way you could fill out a form on the main page declaring how much you would like to send. It would look something like this

RSN Name to send funds to = kranked1

Amount of gp to send = 1.55mil

Reason = Dragon axe drop at Dk, duo mage team, spliting winnings

Now the only problem is that this would probaly not work as it would be to much work for jagex but if they logged all drops over 1mil and who is in what clan chat each time it could possibly work :-k

I know.... stupid idea but theres not many alternatives -.-

Yeah LootShare doesn't share loot, it just gives different players in the team that drop for that kill. In a way it shares "who gets the drop"

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

I am really really nervous that Jagex overlooks the problem, so I went ahead and made a rant on the RSOF. All I really want is for them to know that the problem exists, and come up with SOME kind of solution.

QFC: 27-28-860-54860146

I've also sent a message to Jagex, I'll see what they have to say.

BlueSig6.jpg

If the item turns into money and splits evenly, where and how will new items come into the game? Such as Dragon axes, people get them as drops and they turn to money, therefore no item as such is sold to another player. Unless Jegaex automaticaly deposits in it the GE and distributes the money evenly. Or something..

If the item turns into money and splits evenly, where and how will new items come into the game? Such as Dragon axes, people get them as drops and they turn to money, therefore no item as such is sold to another player. Unless Jegaex automaticaly deposits in it the GE and distributes the money evenly. Or something..

You answered your own question. That's what many of the suggestions have in mind

BlueSig6.jpg

+ Have Lootshare unabled and have to have a certain amount of kills.

Then you can't lootshare :XD:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

You answered your own question. That's what many of the suggestions have in mind

Silly me :oops: , seems like we have an answer to this question aldredy in todays update, am I right? :P

Might be a bit of manipulation but jagex could even put some sort of "Priority Sell" of somesort on items deposited to the GE from loot. havnt put much depth to it but just an idea, would get it sold faster.

Dragon_Scyth.png

"Boredom got me playing, Boredom stops me from playing. It's a vicious cycle."

3. We're looking at a way of giving LootSharers the ability to receive their drops as coins straight away, so that large items can be split between the party immediately. To avoid unbalancing the economy, weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re investigating ways that this could be tied in with the Grand Exchange (i.e, with the item in question being sold on the Exchange and the resulting proceeds being split between the team).

From the december 17 page. As long as they implement this before they limit trades, I don't foresee any huge problems.

Roberthree, yeah I know, isn't it fantastic? :D I love the fact that Jagex took numerous suggestions from players and made the promise of solving this problem. I'm glad to see this rant is now irrelevant. ::'

BlueSig6.jpg