Tip.it Times Presents: What the heck was THAT?

MPM

seen alot of up roar about update being a older person that plays runescape to keep sane from being a house wife i have to say this.

started playing runescape about 1 yr ago found it was a good online game to play and meet people got my husband to play and even my children now its like away for all the family to play the new trade system sort of ruins it thou as we all help each other out with items and stuff as we all have differnt skills example daughter is 83 fishing husband does slayer and i woodchop and do herblore husband gives daughter slayer items for food i get slater drops from potions ect ect now we can't do this cuz of 3k limit yes have a limit but by all means have it a reasable one say like 500k that way you can still give gifts to your friends ect i mean why the heck would i want 3 or 4 items of something when a freind could make use of it.

As for wildy well rune mining used to be a thrill but no its easy as so there goes the price in rune course its so easy to mine these days so i say bring back wildy to make it more of a thrill adventer. All so have noticed that the people they say world traders there all level 3's now why in the hell would you take a level 3 into wildy with 20mil if cash on u you would get pked straight away so i can't see how wildy has to come into the world trade part. i say bring back wildy put the limit to 500k and then that solves to problems.

now as for drop parties well i like to have them but i not gonna hold them for all of runescape i perfer to have private ones just with my mates now you can't do that anymore :( tis sad held 4mil drop party the other day to celb 4 yrs of marrige all ym older and younger friends had a ball was gonna hold a new yrs one but can't nomore :(. I say if they want party room drops only make it priavate and public.

and i agree with the post above me whats the use of fishing now who is gonna buy the fish whats the use of woodchopping who is gonna my my logs for arrows whats the use of having herblore and making potions who gonna buy them as there is no use for super sets nomore ya don;t need them so taking wildy away from pkers has alot of affect on how we ARE ALL going to make money on runescape now.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are going to quit, shame on you. Just giving up like that, you could atleast try to stick around and see if things get better. If you even read the development diary, the reason a lot of updates hadn't been so 'great' was because they've been so busy ridding us of autoers and real world traders (Which also coincide with autoers). Yes, I'm a bit disappointed, everyone pretty much is, just because of how drastic the update(s) were.

I'm only disappointed because after January, there will be no more present giving. And also disappointed because now people who had legitimate drop parties (In their POH) can't have them. The only way is the party room, and we all know that's horrible now, because all the bankers in Runescape and the Guards in Falador yell that there's a party happening when the lever is pulled. Oh well, I'll just have to get used to it. I'm not quitting. I love this game, even though it's changing.

If you love someone (In this case something!) and it changes, if you truly love them, you stick with them. In this case, I'm going to stick with the game, because there's still fun attributes.

And for those who are quitting and trying to -stick it to Jagex- because you think they'll lose oh so much money, you're wrong. Jagex is probably going to lose like 2,000 players, oh no, one server's worth of players. They're still getting new players, and there's what? Over 100 thousand people who play runescape? How much is 2,000? It's 2%, that's not a lot for a big company like Jagex. This is just an estimate of how many people are actually going to leave. Maybe it's like 10,000, that's 10%, they're still making profits most likely.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

you know, jagex was really taking a stand against all cheaters, and you know what, there isn't any, well wont be by january. anyway, I'm really happy, because im one of those people who was affected because, I could cut any yews, because they would be cut in like 10 seconds. Also for all of you, jagex didn't take out the wilderness, just put bounty hunter in so people can have a chance at pking.

great job jagex :thumbsup:

sorry for all those leaving :boohoo: ... that your a woss and can't be a real man and step up that more of us are affected positivly.

oh, and jagex was losing money from rwt, read the development diary, and you'll know why they did this, and this was for everyones best interes, even if you dont think so.

Poopuidiot.gif

proud owner of a crystal bow 1/7/07 :)

my sig hates me, I cant get it to work :(

Dang, I personally believe Jagex is over reacting to RWT. Sure I don't like it but it isn't worth destroying major things in the game. I think people hacking each others accounts should be a much bigger issue. Almost everyone I talked to says they've been hacked at least once. I never Pked or merchanted (thank God) but its effected lots of my friends though. Currently I think I'm on the edge to qutting, but I'm not there just yet. If there is another extremely horrible update like this one, I think I'll quit.

fizaru1534.png

HOBOS OWN

For those who are going to quit, shame on you. Just giving up like that, you could atleast try to stick around and see if things get better. If you even read the development diary, the reason a lot of updates hadn't been so 'great' was because they've been so busy ridding us of autoers and real world traders (Which also coincide with autoers). Yes, I'm a bit disappointed, everyone pretty much is, just because of how drastic the update(s) were.

I'm only disappointed because after January, there will be no more present giving. And also disappointed because now people who had legitimate drop parties (In their POH) can't have them. The only way is the party room, and we all know that's horrible now, because all the bankers in Runescape and the Guards in Falador yell that there's a party happening when the lever is pulled. Oh well, I'll just have to get used to it. I'm not quitting. I love this game, even though it's changing.

If you love someone (In this case something!) and it changes, if you truly love them, you stick with them. In this case, I'm going to stick with the game, because there's still fun attributes.

And for those who are quitting and trying to -stick it to Jagex- because you think they'll lose oh so much money, you're wrong. Jagex is probably going to lose like 2,000 players, oh no, one server's worth of players. They're still getting new players, and there's what? Over 100 thousand people who play runescape? How much is 2,000? It's 2%, that's not a lot for a big company like Jagex. This is just an estimate of how many people are actually going to leave. Maybe it's like 10,000, that's 10%, they're still making profits most likely.

Those quitting are probably in so deep that they haven't got a choice. Merchants only have one purpose in the game, and that is to make money. With the economy so unpredictable (no thanks to Jagex), what do they do now? Cut yews? Force themselves to some activity that suit them not?

Just like stakers, people put in hours after hours of work honing their staker pures and what do you think they got? A big smack right in their faces. Jagex could've told them of the changes 1.5 years ago, when they were planning on the drastic updates. Hours of work: wasted! I, too, would feel angry.

As for PKers, their primary source of money is gone. Most importantly, their primary source of fun is gone. Bounty Hunting isn't much either, they randomly pair up players and they allow group killings. What really is pointless is that most groups are made up of 100+ one-itemers. Even if one do indeed kill them, they'd not reap any rewards. I won't blame them if they quit.

What are the fun attributes you mentioned? Staking, gone. Merchanting, gone. PK, gone. You can't even play PC now that all the pures are dead. Prices will continually drop or rise without you having a share in the profits. You can't take a break from skill training because there is no wilderness, only bounty hunting (which, may i add, gives little to increase your wealth) which is filled to the brim with nicely grouped one-itemers.

If the fun you're mentioning is clan wars or castle wars, I'd certainly say no to both. First off, clan wars IS castle wars, only with less graphics (they're lazy anyway). Clan wars doesn't even have a highscore telling you the clans who're owning. PLUS there isn't any rewards! As for castle wars, there're so many threads on this already that you probably know it's flaws.

drapit.png

have done a summary of what skills are bascily used for correct me if i am wrong in any of this...

woodchoppin = firemaking which we cook on also = bows and arrows which all = killing which = slayering and pking pking being the main sourice of making money for those people with those skills

fishing = eating when low on health which = slayer and pking which = those peole who fished for $$$ are a lose of money

herblore = making potions to make stats better which = slayer and pking which = lose of $$

rune crafting = making runes for tele or magic which = mainly pkin = lose of $$$

mining = getting or for amour = slayer and pking which = lose of $$$

smithing = amour = for protection pking and slayer lose of $$$

and i could keep going on but you follow my drift i'm not a pker but i skiller

without wildy i really have no source to make $$$ as main $$ making was fishing woodchoppin and herblore

basicly now all you people out there that are skillers have really no use for skills nomore tis pretty sad.

This picture I made says it all.

jagex.gif

and all of you saying "it wont effect me", nobody thought communism would effect Russia, and now over 10 million people have died in various because of communism. Taking away free trade is communism. Look it up if you don't know what it is, read the book 'Animal Farm'

I'm gonna keep playing. Personally, I'm not very affected by these Wilderness changes. I was never a good PK'er, but I still feel a little sad about it. The thing that bothers me is that Jagex is clamping down on trading. Now we won't be able to give truely give gifts anymore. :boohoo:

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Yams are coming!!!

I'm not greatly effected by the update, but I can feel sympathy for the stakers/PKers out there.

If a bad update happens to skilling/whatever, i just may migrate back to classic.

After all, a wise person once said " If all the criminals were caught and one innocent man had been caught, we have failed."

I'm a adult player.. been playing for years.. I don't Pk.. Nitram pretty much mirrors my thoughts.. I hated being attacked while runecrafting.. but the wild has always been part of the game, takeing away pking is dimminishing the game in general..

The world map can always be increased, the wildy wall was annoying enough, but common.. enough people enjoy pking.. they should keep a pking section.. Jagex keeps making the game easier and easier.. more and more for 8 year olds.

Maybe some of the changes should be made so children are safe in the wild, with no risk to venture in the wild it will become mostly pointless. It just becomes another part of the "safe" runescape..

Yes I understand this is a game.. yes I've spent way too much time playing over the years, yes I've been paying since day one of pay, and for this I do expect some consitancy in the game.

Well i've said my part.. This change and some others may result in me and a few of my family members dropping members.. But who knows.

Best of wishes for the holidays to all players out there and for those who love the changes.. I wasn't calling you eight year olds..

There is no need for killing, pk:ing, merchanting, social interactions will doing buisness, boss-monster-hunting and some other aspects of the game. These updates are way to hastely done and implemented. If Jagex lived the live of an ordinary rs player for like a month they would see how flawed these updates would be and how much fun they kill. They do not have had to be made like they have been done now at all.

Just to state some things to clear some things up:

1. I really do think that the rwt problem should be delt with and harshely too. It just the method for doing it is way to flawed as it is now!

2. I have never done any pk:ing nor will I ever, I just don't like doing it personally

3. I do very seldomly merchant, I make my own money otherwise, mostly by getting and then making items to sell myself. My aim when I sell is not do merchanting and make a profit out of it. I just sell it to ge the money I can. I usally sell for less than the normal price so I'm not trying to make profit out of the shere merchanting part of it.

4. I extremely seldom loan out things to my friends due to the even remote possiblity that they can scam me and keep the item and never return it to me.

If you wonder what those "clever" alternative solutions are that I'm refering to, just take a look in the Bugs & Suggestion forum and look for a thread with me as the author.

Nitram out....

Z3us.png

Free herblaw, fletching, 94 smithing, 89 crafting

No reasonable job turned down. I'm always looking for XP.

enough people enjoy pking.. they should keep a pking section..

Would that be a pking section where players drop items for the pkers to pick up? If so, it'd break the whole point of removing unbalanced transfer of wealth between accounts, so the whole update would be for nothing.

If players wouldn't drop anything, it'd be pking for no rewards, which isn't going to be so satisfying as the old system.

If they're going to make such drastic changes to the game, leading to so many people posting about quitting, we should at least hope like heck that it works!

Well, to begin with I'm a new member of the forums ;) Anyway, to stick to the point. The article posted is a very well written article indeed. Jagex made a real mistake by releasing this update. They possibly did not think of other possible alternatives when making this update.

The first problem with the update is Bounty Hunter. Although I am fine with the unbalanced trade, I will no longer to be able to PK in such places like the Edgeville dungeon. Many people will be disappointed. Sharing will no longer be part of the game.

The problem with the Bounty Hunter is that it is all Multi-Combat. If Jagex made a certain area multi and non-multi, it would have made matters better. Pile jumping is a really big thing in Bounty Hunter now. I can't take two steps without getting Dds'ed by 10 people.

The second, or possible final, problem is that the area is only limited to a certain amount. It is not fun to Pk in a place with no diverse environment. Many people used the environment for the better. Making a flat land just makes the Pk process too plain. Also, the inability to leave the arena even if you kill someone who attacked you, is just unbelievable. I killed someone who attacked me and all of a sudden I can't leave. Finally, the whole concept of Bounty Hunter is just not fun. However, I came up with a slightly complicated, yet effective solution. Although I don't know if i should mention it :ohnoes: but it might be for the greater good.

The solution: Remove Bounty Hunter and restore the wilderness to normal, but with a few exceptions. Leave the ditch as it is, but whenever entering the wilderness a warning box should appear to indicate the player that they are trying to enter the wilderness with unnecessary items, just like in Bounty Hunter. This can be called the "Restriction System".

The Restriction SystemÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâé will not allow players to bring such items like Third Age armor, God armor (except some parts),Dragon armor(Chain, Helm) runes in no greater capacity than 2000, same goes for arrows and other stackable items. Also, money will not be allowed in the wilderness along with holiday items. If a player tries to bring these items, a warning box will pop-up telling the player that they can't enter the wilderness with these items.

What I mentioned above might sound slightly unorthodox, but it a possible solution to keep the RWT from entering the wilderness with high value items. If only Jagex was able to hear out what other players have to offer about improving the system, maybe Runescape will be slightly back to where it was.

I hope someone does read what I mentioned above, and sorry for the long post and if you like the idea, then be free to spread the word \'

---Xtasy

i can'r believe i'm about to say this but

KUDOS TO JaGex .They dealed with the problem really well...BUT trading has died :( I can't give gifts to friends and...why did they make bounty hunter multi-combat when it was proposed as an alternative to single player pking?

that's what i want to know...... :shock:

on the whole.....R.I.P Trading :boohoo:

lampost_sig_stark.png

good article and i agree that looking at the bad side is necessary once in a while but if you look at all those awsome minigame updates and the duel arena is open for us f2ps

to you p2ps this is no big deal but to us f2ps who till now had only the stronghold of security which by the way was as easy as eating a cake and level 3s had the shoes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

however the new minigames are good and the wilderness capes!!! whose forgotten that huh? world 3 in the grand exchange ring a bell to any of you f2ps? yesterday ppl were killin for those capes lol (no i mean litralley at the black warrior fortress) that was a good way to treat those who dont even pay to play the game!!!!!!

and btw most of the stuff of updates seems reasonable enough and now its easier to pk or bounty hunter seems more exciting at least we have a target now instead of roaming around hopelessly looking for something intellegent to kill

and like it said in the times new players will like it and im not going to quit anytime soon

knight95007.png

I've been reading the forums a lot but this is my first post...

What you can't say, though, is that this update hasn't been effective. Straight after the update happened all the bots and macros disappeared (at least on the free worlds, I'm not a member).

I do think that some of the measures they've taken are too extreme but I'll live with it (the banks space made it livable). A lot of the 'Old Guard' are taking things too far with their ranting. As far as I can see (which, admittedly may not be that far) they've always been complaining about the state of the game anyway.

I guess I can't really blame anyone for complaining, but I'd just like to balance it out by saying that Jagex did do it's job.

Thanks for the article Armadyllo. You used the words "the abolition of Wilderness PKing" and I was just wondering how that is going to affect my strategy when it comes to Runite mining in the wilderness - are Runite miners no longer going to be vulnerable to attack?

hey there guys ive been a runescape player since classic i played when if you were mining the ore was just droped on the ground if u had a full load. back when fatiuege came on (hated it thought it was the worst update) i have been an on and off runescape player and the new update is totally stupid (this is the worst one ever).

i admit that i have ripped alot of people off with merchanting and i myself has been as well. but thats the point of the game taking a chance to make more even if you could lose alot i know jagex is trying to stop RWT but hurting the game this much is it worth it???

i have never really been a pker but the new system should be scrapped the people rioting against this is amazing simply cause of that jagex should bring back the real wildy.

this game isnt going to be as much fun as it used to be. as you need cash for everything and with set prices its going to be harder to make that cash. only around still cause i want a skill cape b4 i scrap runescape all together lol.

on and off runescape player since 1999 :shock:

dro_nz.png

Elfinor, Jagex DID NOT do their job, that's the whole point!

I have tried to put forward what they did do wrong as in that there are way better solutions that do the same thing, get rid of the rwts, but still keep all those things we love, pk:ing, merchanting and loaning/borrowing, giving, being nice.

I honestly think that Jagex really seriously became blinded by the fact that they thought the rwts would kill the game in a very near future and RS would die as a result in a very near future. Either they knew about something extremely threathening that the rwts was up to in the near future that we as players didn't have a clue about so they had to do almost a panic attack action to bet the rwts to it and destroy that threat to be a reality. Or they just blinded by awsomeness they saw in these updates and thought they could get away with them.

For all rs players sake I really hope that Jagex was so hindered and desperate of the rwt threat that they had to release a not fully worked-out updates-package just to beat the rwts to it and that all the work to combat rwts made them have so much less effort to focus on these new updates that they are bad just because of that fact.

And I seriously hope that Jagex also realize that they went way to hastey with these updates and overdid it. I think it is otherwise very weird that they released 4 major update articles full with major updates and changes the same day. I just hope that they really thought they had to release them now even though they new they were not at all good.

I really do, for the sake of rs players.

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

I have to aggree with the stance that Jagex has taken - maybe there is room in the future for the gaming areas that everyone likes - but there is one important thing to remember, unless RS changes - it will become stagnant. As technology improves and changes our real world lives, so must RS evolve, change and improve our gaming lives.

Removing the scurge of RWT and bots - I LIKE THAT. The main elements to the game are still there - there is still and economy for those entrepreneurs out there. You have to improve your own skills to move up in the RS world. You can still PK, but on a different level, but most of all - You still have a world to play in, you know this world but there are enough changes to make it interesting

To those who want to complain - show some imagination, you now have something new to learn!!!

Life is not to short - It is the longest thing you will ever do!!!

It may be the case that new Runescape players will replace the old ones but that isn't the point. These high level P2Ps who will leave have spent money and time building up their accounts and I think it's actually grossly immoral of Jagex to push these players into quitting and losing everything they've built up over the years.

And I hate to break it to Jagex but this won't even fix cash farming. People will just loan their account out to someone who will farm the cash for them and then return their account. This is what happens when people power level for money, now it will happen for all RWT.

So congrats Jagex, you've fixed nothing and ruined (almost) everything.

An emergency issue of the Times, by the second of our Panel of writers.

A surprise issue of the Times rarely happens, but it's also rare that there is such an uproar abut an update as well :|

What the heck was THAT? ~Armadyllo

Also, as we do not link off site very often, we have an article by Qeltar on his own site, Truthscape. The TruthScape Soapbox - Issue #5 - ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Not Too Late to Save the Patient

JaGeX have messed up this game!

we want wildy back!

we want staking back!

we want RUNESCAPE back!!

Don't take me wrong its good they made the update's against RWT, but by doing so they also essentialy removed the core of what rs was.

for instance the wildy, now its bounty hunter and clan wars, i don't realy mind cause i don't pk or do clan wars.(it might even be nicer to have something new?)

But the trade changes.....

player - player trading was realy important and when GE came out i thought: "ok nice addition to the game, and handy if you need something fast".

When i saw the trading cap and the fact that you can't help someone (because of the cap) who needs food for instance, i was realy thinking, what the hell?!

My point is that they don't need to remove the update, but simply change it somewhat.

Maybe by making the caps on trades bigger, so i can still help that player who needs some food or, when fighting monster, to share the loot.

And honestly, by saying:"Jagex messed up the game", your not realy pointing out what they did wrong or give ideas on how to improve it.

I won't be quiting because of this, but i might consider it if they keep making updates like the ones we got this week.

proud owner of a Quest Cape

^achieved on 18/02/07^

rick1250.png

Best update ever, not a single friend on my thought otherwise...all adults...all 125+ combat, 12 of them mods...

the SMALL portion of the players who pk (say 1%) are unhappy, well adjust or quit...they made you a little sandbox to go play in and pk each other til you puke, use it....the other portion of unhappy campers are the scammers and rwters....nuff said there.

the 1 mil+ players who LOVE the update will adjust and move on quite happily. In the old wildy, if I saw a white dot, it was a rarity, compared to the nonstop masses of white dots outside of the wildy do I need to paint a picture on where the majority of the players play?.....*pats pockets* nope, left my crayons at home.

Great job Jagex, you just made a great game that much better.

Wow, Lordkrohn1626, I can just say wow. You must be one of the most ignorant and narrow-minded player I have ever seen here.

To say that yesterdays updates was the best updates ever is just so wrong that I can't even describe it. Your friends must be really lying to you or haven't red the whole thing or thought even one bit of how these latest updates could be made much better for all and do the same the same major thing, get rid of the rwts.

Just to state the errors in your post, I would not say that the players who pk are as small as 1 %, more like 10 % or more in my estimates. ...and you plan to disprove this number by......, my number was pulled out of the thin air, as is yours....

The worst error is that you state that 1M+ players love this update. Just take a look at the rsof and you will see maybe 100+ positive ppl and like 100k+ negative ppl. irrevelent, that has nothing to do with anything...the fact that the people who think their way of playing got nerfed, come to tipit/RSOF and complain isn't a revelation...those that are content (vast majority) have no reason to come onto tipit/RSOF and wave flags....the discontent scream, while the content move on...that is why you have"100k" negative people...did you count that? was there repetitive posters/voters?....think about those political "polls"...they never called me, who are they polling? how are those select individuals the voice of the majority?....those that are happy have no reason to come on and make 500 posts each about loving the update....things you need to take into consideration before opening your pie hole and spouting "it's the end of the world".. That can't just be a coincidence! I would say that it is tops 10 % that love this update, more likely way less. The biggest part is really negative, the next biggest is just trying to deal with it and accept it even though the do not like it at all. Third biggest group are those whom see some good in them but have some major problem with some of the kinks. Then the fourth and way smallest group are ppl like you, the ones that love this update.

I can't see how you can even like it, even love it is way out of my insanity to understand.

1. They were way to many updates that restricts us at the same time! only thing that restricts us is the inability to now give family and real friends items as gifts, in the sincere manner, but when you consider it is impossible to prove it is a legitimate gift and not the ending transaction of a RWT...it makes sense

2. Some of the are really poorly thoughtout but mostly the problem lies in how they are implemented and made in the game environment. They spent over a year building up to the release of this update...do you really think they didn't know the pkers would scream "I quit" and foolishly parade around edge spamming the chat box?....They took all of that into consideration....how do I know that? Because I sit in many strategy/planning meetings, no successful company goes into something that will majorly affect their product without looking at all the applicable pros/cons...they also knew if they did not do something, the game would inevitably die, people will adjust, players wil join, life moves on...deal with it

3. There are at least 1 much better way to combat the unbalanced trade and the thing about rwts using unblanced trades. The 3k limit is just horror and will makes this game less fun when it is finally fully integretaded into the game in Jan.

If you think only 1 % of ppl are unhappy with these updates, then add the thousands and more thousands in hordes that loan/borrow, give gifts, help friends, do services to ppl, clans that kill boss-monsters, are being friendly to other players and many more groups that really will hate the 3k limit. Those ppl are way more than a mere 1 %, try maybe 20 %, then add maybe 5 % extra of the pk:ers that don't fall into the just described group. 25 %, 1/4 of all players that do not like these updates at all. I would bet thare are several more % of ppl that haven't really understand the whole implication of these updates yet and how they will affect them negatively and some players that haven't red and seen the news yet.

I can not for my life understand why Jagex did so many updates to get rid of the rwts when there are way simpler methods that do the same thing but still make up a thriving and living merchanting market (the 3k limit will succesfully kill that), boss-monster drops-dividing (3k limit also effectifely kills that). And then add a simple little adjustment to make it possible for loaning7borrowing, gifting and such too.

There is no need for killing, pk:ing, merchanting, social interactions will doing buisness, boss-monster-hunting and some other aspects of the game. These updates are way to hastely done and implemented. If Jagex lived the live of an ordinary rs player for like a month they would see how flawed these updates would be and how much fun they kill. They do not have had to be made like they have been done now at all. pkers have a little box to play in where they will leave the VAST majority of players alone (who don't pay to play their game to include pking or being pked)..merchanting is why we all pay exorbiant prices for items...the loss of gifting does blow, as I can no longer give my RL wife who is much lower then I in abilities and stats, gifts from treasure trails....a price I and many are willing to pay to reap the other positive benefits

Just to state some things to clear some things up:

1. I really do think that the rwt problem should be delt with and harshely too. It just the method for doing it is way to flawed as it is now!

2. I have never done any pk:ing nor will I ever, I just don't like doing it personally

3. I do very seldomly merchant, I make my own money otherwise, mostly by getting and then making items to sell myself. My aim when I sell is not do merchanting and make a profit out of it. I just sell it to ge the money I can. I usally sell for less than the normal price so I'm not trying to make profit out of the shere merchanting part of it.

4. I extremely seldom loan out things to my friends due to the even remote possiblity that they can scam me and keep the item and never return it to me.

If you wonder what those "clever" alternative solutions are that I'm refering to, just take a look in the Bugs & Suggestion forum and look for a thread with me as the author.

Nitram out....

Lord Krohn: I made my replied throughout your post in bold. happy holidays

Best update ever, not a single friend on my thought otherwise...all adults...all 125+ combat, 12 of them mods...

the SMALL portion of the players who pk (say 1%) are unhappy, well adjust or quit...they made you a little sandbox to go play in and pk each other til you puke, use it....the other portion of unhappy campers are the scammers and rwters....nuff said there.

the 1 mil+ players who LOVE the update will adjust and move on quite happily. In the old wildy, if I saw a white dot, it was a rarity, compared to the nonstop masses of white dots outside of the wildy :-k do I need to paint a picture on where the majority of the players play?.....*pats pockets* nope, left my crayons at home.

Great job Jagex, you just made a great game that much better. :thumbsup:

WoW... you must not have many friends if none of your friends disliked the update... All, let me say it again lil one...ALL of them love it, they are all adults, none pk and all have many years vested in this game

Perhaps you are scared of other player... thats fine you were never forced into the wild... lil one, look at my stats....what in the world would I be "scared of"? sure, someone could have 99 mage versus my 97...irrelevent...not even one point damage difference...range levs? rofl....um.....ya...now that's hard to defeat :XD: once you get to my area of stats, it really comes down to experience, and I have buried many wannabe pkers who thought they had what it took, and didn't. it isnt being scared, it is being annoyed......now I rather enjoy my slow walks thru the wild as I power through the multiple clues a day I get *peeks at bank...beams*

But to say that 1% of the population didn't like the update is not only stupid its sad... Try looking at the poll on this site over 20% are quitting now and 33% are unsure if they should quit or not. Allow me to school you on how polls work.....they are never accurate, they are easily slid one way or another based on target audience, amount of people involved etc....you are foolishly assuming that all RS players come to tipit and register a vote in polls...you are foolishly assuming that the 20% who voted "I am a quitter" is ANY indication of a percentage of RS players.....numbers my lil friend...I know you probably have zero business experience, but that would make me the assuming one, so I will just deal with your pitiful little reply.

One final note, If by some chance some of your so called *Cough* Friends *Cough* want to ever kill a Boss monster with you I hope you will enjoy not splitting the drop...

I solo EVERYTHING. build some stats and you might be able to do the same.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

I honestly think that Jagex really seriously became blinded by the fact that they thought the rwts would kill the game in a very near future and RS would die as a result in a very near future. [...] Or they just blinded by awsomeness they saw in these updates and thought they could get away with them.

If Jagex thought the RWT was going to kill the game ever, they'd be criminally irresponsible to ignore the problem. Instead they've moved heaven and earth to solve it.

They spoke briefly in their developer diary about credit card fraud; we can see reasons why this sort of thing would affect RuneScape far worse than other games, since players can pay Jagex directly for RuneScape membership rather than buying a boxed product from a third-party shop as for other big games. Perhaps the credit card thing is a genuinely game-threatening problem, even though we'll never see the figures ourselves.

Jagex's newsposts can be summarized as follows:

We've had to remove loads of popular features because of RWT, but we've tried to replace some of what we took away by releasing Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars, Assist and Lootshare. Have some more bankspace, you like bankspace.

That's not a sign of Jagex being blinded by the awesomeness of the new features. They've seen very clearly that they're taking away stuff that people love, and they're trying to make it up by giving us new features that replace some of the gameplay mechanics. Which suggests that they're between the proverbial Rock and Hard Place, with pride preventing them from putting it so bluntly.

Is it good enough? Many are saying no, but there are a significant number of people saying they're willing to give it a try. There are also people out there analyzing the effect this stuff is going to have on the game's economy, preparing to turn a fat profit! I wish them luck with that.

I honestly think ...

If Jagex thought the ...

well said, I think you and I assume they actually READ the information made available before going on their "we are quitting" crusade. To the players I say Give it time, adjust and move on. Can not deal with it?...move on somewhere else.

An emergency issue of the Times, by the second of our Panel of writers.

A surprise issue of the Times rarely happens, but it's also rare that there is such an uproar abut an update as well :|

What the heck was THAT? ~Armadyllo

Also, as we do not link off site very often, we have an article by Qeltar on his own site, Truthscape. The TruthScape Soapbox - Issue #5 - ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Not Too Late to Save the Patient

JaGeX have messed up this game!

we want wildy back!

we want staking back!

we want RUNESCAPE back!!

catchy jingle...now where did I hear that before.. :-k ah thats right by the "riot" at edge....um...ya that was effective :XD: no chance, live with it.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.