Tip.it Times Presents: What the heck was THAT?

MPM

this is a complete load for even jagex.....

i would consider myself to be a merchant, so i wasn't as upset with the duel arena as i am with this. its going to be basically impossible to make money merchanting now...... sigh now i have to actually work for it.... lol

Thantem.pngThantem.gif

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, am not unhappy that pker's have to use the bounty hunter system. Planning for the necessary trips to wildy was an exercise in frustration, although I understood the wildy rules.

I was around when the whole of RSC was open to pkers. That was very frustrating for this then newbie, I'd get something good, like a mith suit, and some high level would kill me for it. Not fun. Not at all fun. I almost quit.

I honestly think Jagex will realize their mistake and less the extremes of the update because of the Swift Switch thing. Many people rioted and Jagex saw the impact and changed it, lessened it so it was in the middle, not very bad for players but good enough to make Jagex smile.

For this update many more people are complaining which means Jagex is trying to find a middle.

You can't riot in a game :wink: . The most you can do is spam and act really immature. Like that's going to get anything done <.< . Anyways, I don't mind the update seven though they are extreme. No one can make up their mind on what to complain about to jagex. If I was Andrew, I would be pissed and give them what they ask for. Kind of like when a kid is caught smoking, his dad makes him smoke the whole carton :P . Anyways, I think that the updates will be reduced and jagex will post a message stating that people are acting immature and they should actually have reasonable complaints (Only in a much more mature and non-offensive way O:) ).

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

you know my first reaction was that this is the worst thing that has happened since everybody left classic

classic was amazing by the way

but now i think that its just bad

merchanting is gone

so is scamming

but what about if your 5k short of a p hat ansomeone wants to sell to you anyway?

guess you cant buy it, because its more than 3k

even though 5k out of 500,000,000 gold is no that much

499,995,000 is still close enough

but i guess for jagex its not good enough

they could make this better by, say making it a 10% diference?

im running out of words

but basicly i think they should change that

fabofwendke1.png

sig made by 4be2jue

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lenon

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

R.I.P. Zach Erickson. 12/22/2007. you will be missed

well this means I won't be able to give food to my pure then. So what's the point of having a pure if i can't even trade some of the stuff back to my acc. O well, I'll just sell all the stuff on my 7 pures Lol. I had some high hopes for them but I don' feel like leveling their fishing or other skills.

But I like some of Jagex's new updates for F2pers.

Finally some bank space.

But also, I usually give a lot to new people that join rs when i go to lumby and to friends but now I guess I won't be able to give more than 3k?

-.-'

Oh well

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

This is called "Carfull what you wish ofr".

We've been imploring Jagex to grow some balls and fix there game for some time. Well they went and grew some balls and now peopel cant handel it?

We al wanted them to fix teh bot bot problem. The only thing is no one realised there was no easyfix magic program to nuke the bots and their real world crimes. Instead it takes brutal changes, but they still did what we wanted. 2 or 3 months ago, no one (aside from bot owners) would have said they didnt want bots removed. Now we want all the bots and gold farming back so we can enjoy 2 years of RuneScape before real world bank and legal issues force the game to shut down, or become so overrun by programs its immpossible to play.

I'll tak ethe hit if it means the game keeps on running.

is the f2p duel arena only temporary? The bounty minigame is really boring, so I hope the clanwars is good. Kinda sucks I lost all my stuff in bounty. Oh well... I think I'll stick around, see what ppl do about this

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

At first I didn't know what gold farming was so I "used the Google" as our President says. Wikipediea has a great artice on it and then if you search for gold farming on youtube you get a buch of interviews of Chinese Gold Farmers.

I wonder what the greatest threat is to Jagex. Is it the gold farmers who are real peeps or is it the bots. They both skew the RS ecomomy.

One thing they could do to combat bots is to add a right click "report as bot" to the menu. It's hard to report bots with complex names under the current system. Of course if you click out to many false positives they would have to take action against abusers.

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. - The sayings of Lazarus Long Robert A. Heinlein

I'm with Jagex.

No wilderness = no pures

:D

Restricted trading = no merchants

Restricted trading = no bots

Everything looks good on my side. I'm not affected by it at all, so I'm a happy camper. Yes, I'm selfish.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

I think that these updates are all great.Jagex has trapped many nutritious digital butterflies with one net.they've solved so many problems that i've been waiting to get fixed.I'm glad i nor any of my closest friends have been to badly affected by these updates.i have always hated having to compete with bots while wc-ing and i believe this update will get rid of bots.i'm also sad that some people will be leaving runescape but i expect more will come to take their place and i might go up a few ranks in the score boards. :thumbsup:

I resemble that remark!

Achieved quest cape for first time on: 4-2-09 WOOHOO!

Beat Nomad on 6-24-10 WOOHOO!.

331bfcd139.png

All of the people that I speak to in and out of the game are devastated by what has happened. They cannot believe that the Wilderness is no more.

I've read Jagex explanation about why they changed the Wildy and it still doesn't make sense - did I miss something?

1) Fairly early on, we hit upon the idea of letting the players themselves disrupt attempts to real-world trade in the Wilderness. After all, you can attack other players in the Wilderness anyway so, if a trader goes into the Wilderness with the intention of transfering some items to a cheat, all we need is a nearby PKer to kill them both and it solves the problem nicely (as well as being good fun/reward for the PKer who gets the stuff!). The Wilderness is rather big, however, and it was possible for real-world traders to find a remote corner to commit their crimes.

Didn't / couldn't RWT take place anywhere?

Why take GP into the Wildy anyway?

Removing the Wildy as it was doesn't solve the issue of RWT taking place per se.

Solution: Ban GP >3K into the Wildy. Problem solved.

My issue is this: is there a skill which is unaffected by PKer changes?

Personally:

Herblore ~ I have 200 super sets I cannot sell them now. I made my money that way and made good profits to be able to buy full drag', Guthans, Fury, D-Axe etc etc.

Friends:

Runecraft ~ selling Nats to high alchers to increase mage level for PK. Is there still a trade?

Woodcutting ~ sell mage logs for high alching to increase mage level. As above.

Fishing ~ sell sharks to PKers for fighting. No more trade?

Crafting ~ sell strength ammys to PKers, Glories to Nat runners. Still viable?

I could go on....

The economy as we knew it is dead! A new economy will emerge but I haven't yet figured out how to make money in it. GP allows you to buy those items which helps you achieve quests, kill monsters, look good!

GP and the RS economy make the game worthwhile. Take that away and you're left with skilling for no purpose.

Two things:

1. If you've figured out a legitimate way to make GP please tell me.

2. If you plan to quit, I'll have your stuff.

Be Lucky.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Didn't / couldn't RWT take place anywhere?

Why take GP into the Wildy anyway?

Removing the Wildy as it was doesn't solve the issue of RWT taking place per se.

Solution: Ban GP >3K into the Wildy. Problem solved.

Also ban rares, multiples of any item other than ammo, and maybe treasure trail variants of items. Ban noted items from going in. Ensure that the player may only bring equipment into the wildy that they are capable of equipping. Require higher-level weaponry to be "licensed."

Problem solved, better.

Here's the thing about this update. Sure it solves problems. Sure it's a real change that will stop scams.

But it also is the beginning of the end of any way to make money or otherwise collect value other than by minigames, drops, and skilling. It's an admission by Jagex that they don't really know what to do about cheaters, so they have to change the game so that the aspects of it that both cheaters and honest players alike enjoyed, no longer exist.

Now, as a player that started runescape with the thought, "I can't beleive I'm playing this, it's so repetitive and pointless", over time I was able to find that there was some true excitement in the game. It was called the wilderness.

And now there's just minigames. And set pricing. Effectively, what Jagex is telling us now is this: we don't trust anybody. You all could be cheating, so we're removing any chance you ever had of getting something from somebody else whom you may have otherwise compensated without our knowledge.

Personally, you can talk my ear off about the necessity of locking the game down like this, but I couldn't care less. Why did I pay for membership anyways? It was so that the game could be improved and to support the company that made a game that I could always enjoy.

Nobody could convince me that there was no other way to deal with this problem than by reducing the freedoms of all the players and changing the game so that those freedoms we used to have disappeared. I feel handcuffed by forced pricing, robbed of the most exciting aspect of the old runescape, and disenfranchised by the company that took the easy way out of the problem rather than sticking to solutions that wouldn't hurt its loyal player base.

I fell punished for something I didn't do. I've withdrawn my financial support to Jagex, and I'll miss it, but there's nothing I can do to get back what I miss.

Are the new aspects of the game going to be able to replace what we lost? No. The freedom of being able to go into a bank and get a quick sale for double the standard price of an item are gone. I don't even agree with the very idea of a "set price" because so many factors go into what people are willing to pay for something. Remember 1k single law runes? The ability to just wander around half the game and take random whacks at anybody you see are gone. The wilderness cannot be replaced by a minigame. The magic of open pk is already lost.

In time maybe I'll find enough enjoyment with the game to change my attitude. But right now I'm mourning the death of one of my favorite games.

Peace and LOVE!

Peace and LOVE!

Peace and LOVE!

-Vash the Stampede

I actually like it that a lot of people have left... it frees up the resources. Yeah, I know I'm anti-social and should see a psychiatrist etc.

Me too. I like that they left - because most of them were loud mouth insulters, that as a player I ended up ignoring; but they would inevitably start verbal fights with younger players becuase they thought it was funny. Which in turn just ruined everyone's mood in the area.

I havent noticed any of that this this week so far.

So I say, dont let the door hit them on the way out.

Personally, you can talk my ear off about the necessity of locking the game down like this, but I couldn't care less. [...] Nobody could convince me that there was no other way to deal with this problem...

Lol.

Remember 1k single law runes?

As I understand it, we'll still be able to buy/sell 1k single law runes. The restriction is that we'll only be able to do it a few times in 15 minutes. Realistically, I wasn't selling them that fast before the update.

well this means I won't be able to give food to my pure then. So what's the point of having a pure if i can't even trade some of the stuff back to my acc.

ROFL! You were never allowed to move stuff between accounts anyway. You are one of the people that these updates were designed to stop.

As I have taken the last few days to think about the totality of the updates, I see where some things are definitely overkill. Gravestones AND Bounty Hunter didn't really need to both be done.

I believe that enough people have made the suggestions of how to fix most of what is severely effecting legitimate players, but the most imprtant ones are:

- Auto selling/splitting of high cost items in lootshare

- Single combat areas in BH

- Modifying the unbalanced trade cap to be a percentage of value instead of just 3k

- More rapid price adjustments in the GE

Sure, they have removed all the ways to get "insane" xp, or massive amounts of GP quickly, but that is for the good of the game. They have provided every player with the tools to know the value of items they are trading to avoid being ripped off by unscrupulous players, also good for the game.

About the only thing I see people asking for on which I have no opinion, is a lend/borrow system of some sort.

The ability to give gifts just has no reasonable way of being accomplished, although I have liked the ideas put out about 6 months on your friends list, etc. If implemented, this could lead to similar requirements being used to bring us clan banks.

The last 6 weeks have been a major shock to the game, but people will adjust as will jagex. Everyone needs to think things out and adjust the way they play to the new rules, while jagex needs to see where thay can ease restrictions without inviting back the gold farmers.

bop_dravian.png