Tip.it Times Presents: What the heck was THAT?

MPM

At first I didn't know what gold farming was so I "used the Google" as our President says. Wikipediea has a great artice on it and then if you search for gold farming on youtube you get a buch of interviews of Chinese Gold Farmers.

I wonder what the greatest threat is to Jagex. Is it the gold farmers who are real peeps or is it the bots. They both skew the RS ecomomy.

One thing they could do to combat bots is to add a right click "report as bot" to the menu. It's hard to report bots with complex names under the current system. Of course if you click out to many false positives they would have to take action against abusers.

The bots are owned by the RWT. Once the RWT are gone, their bots will go with them.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finnaly got awnser why they told us about summoing that early, cause they hoped that most players should wait quiting until they have seen what summoing will be like

taking away wild, hmpfff :notalk:

no longer borrow items from freinds <.<

yea, summoning better be verry good, as somone said before

Jojaton.png

38019414ux8.jpg

im guessing that this means no more xmas presents 4 my friends and no more sharing items... this makes me sad. jagex, u TOOK AWAY MY WILDY!!!!! :shame: this makes me want to SCREAM!!!!!! :evil:

d_e_l_u_x_e2.gif

who ever said nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door...

(\__/)

( O.o )This is Bunny.

( > < )Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I solo EVERYTHING. build some stats and you might be able to do the same.

, this is a MMO, IF YOU WANNA SOLO STUFF THEN GET A GAME THAT DOESN'T HAVE A MONTHLY FEE NOOB. like oblivion.

wow...gosh darn it that is an intelligent reply....let me guess you are...10?

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

im just your average player on rs. i like to kill monsters and compete with friends. I also like being able to count on friends help after dying with full rune, or just to get a gift from a friend for you birthday. Im not one for complaining about updates and though this would help reduce scammers and rwt, it hurts the regular players even more and should be replaced by something far less harsh or abolished completly.

I'm sure, if you've logged on today, 12/13/07, you've read JaGEx's rationale for their "rash" decision. If you haven't read JaGEx's rationale for their "rash" decision, here's a direct quote from them (no, it's quite all right, just click the hide box):

[hide]

13 December 2007 - A Word About Our Updates

Even though this week has been one of the toughest ever for everyone involved with RuneScape, it has been tough for so much longer than one week. Bots, gold sellers, scammers: these are all problems that both us and you - the players - have had to put up with together in recent months.

These occurrences were becoming so frequent that they seriously threatened RuneScape. A solution was needed as soon as possible, so we had to come up with the one thing that would successfully stop real-world traders ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ stopping unbalanced trade. It will be tough for law-abiding players, but it will also be tough for us, as we will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you.

Soon, the hard part will be over and done with. The unbalanced trade changes will be made in January and we certainly donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t plan any more hard changes in the foreseeable future. Together, we will deliver an enormous blow to real-world trading, and the game has already seen a dramatic reduction in their numbers.

We have always planned to release the real-world trading updates and then improve them further by listening to your feedback. We were also aware that the updates may not have been perfect the first time around, or that they may not have functioned as an ideal replacement for what we have changed or taken away. This is not a reason to roll them back or remove them, but it IS a reason to keep improving them until they DO work as a full replacement.

The hard choices we have made are the best ones for the game, and we must not do anything that allow bots, gold sellers or scammers back into the game. What we need to do is build on these first, large steps and use your feedback to make improvements, so that they better fit your needs and activities.

We would really like you to make your feelings known, not in a negative manner that offers no potential solutions, but with constructive criticism and suggestions that we can draw ideas from. For example, if something is broken, don't just demand that we put it back to what it was - instead, tell us your ideas to make the new system work. In summary: we would like you to think about how we can make life in RuneScape more enjoyable for you, while ALSO keeping out real-world traders and bots.

ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s going to take a lot of patience and effort from all of us. Saying that, we have not been sitting around hoping for you all to come up with ideas. We have been putting together a plan. This is a schedule of ideas for improvements that will build on a number of our changes: the Grand Exchange, new player-killing games (including other dangerous ones), LootShare, Assist System, trades and so many other things that we have introduced to combat real-world trading. We aim to have the most important improvements ready in time for the unbalanced trade removal in January, and to continue adding more throughout the start of next year.

We are currently assembling the best ideas from the Forums and our own staff. We will release another newspost early next week, listing the improvements we plan to make to address your concerns.

[/hide]

JaGEx's decision to do what they did (Grand Exchange + 3k/15min limit + Bounty Hunter + Clan Wars + F2P Duel Arena) based on the rationale of the numerous tidal waves of complaints about the bots and goldfarmers in third-world, Internet-affluent nations running and ruining the economy of RuneScape.

For those who don't follow:

"Mr. JaGEx, that lvl-3 person is cutting a yew. How he do that? He no talky. Please stop him."

+

"Mr. JaGEx, that lvl-3 person is mining pure ess. How he do that? He no talky. Please stop him."

+

"Mr. JaGEx, that lvl-3 person is [insert every bot-related repetitive skill]. How he do that? He no talky. Please stop him."

x 1,000,000,000.

They were tired of complaints. So they shut all of us up. Well, I didn't complain, but the rest of you... most of you... :-w ... :shame:

We cry and cry, they put a pacifer in our mouths. And shoved it. And it hurts. That's what a lot of you are thinking, in simple terms. Well, you get what you deserve (complainers got their wish of RWT to be crumbling down.)

Unfortunately, bot = regular, honest-to-goodness player = pixels in files. No discrimination between any of it. Except the obvious signs. But, not enough manpower or money to pay that manpower to mod the worlds. Too many servers to make people happy = not enough money to pay Jmods in all those servers.

Let's all learn from this grave danger. Bot = no good. Let's not bot, shall we? I've never, and never will. Bot-farmers, hope you've learned your lesson. :shame: \'

EDIT: my 69th post. w00t!

ok, here we go:

none of this comes as any surprise to me. nor do I care about any of the changes jagex made. heres why:

assist system: this is a great idea. people would essentially make trades that were exactly the same thing as what the assist system does now. instead of having to make potentially risky trades, we can now just lend our skills to those unfortunate souls who haven't dedicated time to skilling, and in return we get free xp! ok, we can't move around or do anything while they're being assisted, but it's definitely not a bad system.

grand exchange: despite the complaints I have about how prices were set to begin with, I do believe that things will even out eventually. it won't ruin trading as we know it, it just seems like that immediately. over time, prices will re-adjust to pre-GE levels, and we'll simply have a much more secure way of trading our treasures.

wilderness changes: as far as I'm concerned, PKers are a step below jackals in the order of things. as long as PKers only fight other PKers, I have no problem. when they prey on me while I attempt to get green dragon hides and bones, I have a problem. I realize that the wilderness is dangerous. but people who want to kill dragons aren't even a challenge to the elite PKers. those who want to kill other real-life people can go to bounty hunters. now we dragon-killers have the ghosts to deal with. also, abyss pkers have all but disappeared. this is awesome. for those of you who liked to PK other PKers, I'm sorry. try bounty hunter. for those of you who used to prey on those of us who were simply trying to obtain raw materials, screw you. you finally got what all of you deserved.

none of the changes jagex made affect how I play. I can still kill monsters for their drops, I can still skill, and I can still sell what I have. I have no need to kill other innocent people in the wilderness, and I have no need to make unbalanced trades. as far as I am concerned, jagex can keep screwing the people who made life miserable for the rest of us in RS. down with PKing innocent skillers, down with real world trades, and down with anyone who thinks the game has been destroyed because of the recent changes.

thank you

craggyp.png

craggyp.png

havent played runescape for ages and i come back to this! :wall: , its one thing to destroy RWT but destroying merchants to the brink of death! 3k profit what the hell is that, besides cant you just drop items and let them pick up? so this hasn't really killed any RWT. also i hear people keep saying no merchants as if it is a good thing, what has merchants done apart from playing the game. (and its not like they dont have any jobs to do either, they still gotta shout 'buying ...' for hours and compete with better prices.

PS- only came back to get a million here and get 100k of another game, but thats not the point :) .

i like all the new updates ::', im not going to go into much detail about my opinion, im just gona say finally PKers have been silenced and us normal players have regained the wilderness, just like it used to be.

Finished Legends Quest at combat level 72, something to be proud of.

sir+bob264.png

^ Long live my account, Banned forever.

wilderness changes: as far as I'm concerned, PKers are a step below jackals in the order of things. as long as PKers only fight other PKers, I have no problem. when they prey on me while I attempt to get green dragon hides and bones, I have a problem. I realize that the wilderness is dangerous. but people who want to kill dragons aren't even a challenge to the elite PKers. those who want to kill other real-life people can go to bounty hunters. now we dragon-killers have the ghosts to deal with. also, abyss pkers have all but disappeared. this is awesome. for those of you who liked to PK other PKers, I'm sorry. try bounty hunter. for those of you who used to prey on those of us who were simply trying to obtain raw materials, screw you. you finally got what all of you deserved.

If this weren't the Internet, people like you would make me bloody FURIOUS.

YOU try bounty hunter. You've obviously never really tried PKing, so you cannot tell the actual difference, but I can tell you that Bounty Hunter is the saddest, most broken "replacement" Jagex could POSSIBLY have provided.

i like all the new updates ::', im not going to go into much detail about my opinion, im just gona say finally PKers have been silenced and us normal players have regained the wilderness, just like it used to be.

Uh... Like it used to be? :-k Wasn't the original point of the wilderness to have a place to pk in? IF you wanted to go skilling in the wilderness, you had to be willing to lose your stuff. Thusly the WILDerness.

No witty signatures for me :(

I HATE these new updates but im only going to quit after i see how "great" and "exciting" *sarcasm* :twisted:

I dont want to quit but these updates would wreck some of the underlying reasons why I play and love this game. 3,almost 4,year of work...wasted. :boohoo:

This better be the best update ever(to cancel out the WORST ever) or elst I can see many uphappy players quiting :cry:

mithmwhiteknight,Guyontheedge.gif

Uh... Like it used to be? :-k Wasn't the original point of the wilderness to have a place to pk in? IF you wanted to go skilling in the wilderness, you had to be willing to lose your stuff. Thusly the WILDerness.

totally agree

like it used to be? the wilderness is designed for pkers, and for brave skillers who go in there at their own risk, unlike you.

I'm with Jagex.

No wilderness = no pures

:D

Restricted trading = no merchants

Restricted trading = no bots

Everything looks good on my side. I'm not affected by it at all, so I'm a happy camper. Yes, I'm selfish.

no pures=food prices would go down dramtically

no merchets= much harder to buy/sell stuff

no bots=well, at least thats good

The ones who are disappointed especially the editor or who ever typed this topic up, the author is obviously a member and the people who are upset are members. Get OVER WITH IT!

(I love the first amendment)

For us nonmembers, its a great opportunity, and also the anti-cheaters. We have a smile on our faces. More bank spaces (yay!), less RWT (yippee), nothing affects us much except for the members (mwahaha..) anyways. That was mean, but I think its unfair, but for years, JaGex has been receiving complaints about things from other concerned players.

It's like you are concerning about your own mother in the hospital.

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.

:lol: Only heard of these updates today. I'm so glad I quit rs a while back, I'd be in uproar if I was still playing. It would of screwed me over so badly being a merchant back in the day, and enjoying clan trips of pking where'd you dominate all the lower ranked clans and lone pkers.

Same old Jagex. :lol:

The ones who are disappointed especially the editor or who ever typed this topic up, the author is obviously a member and the people who are upset are members. Get OVER WITH IT!

(I love the first amendment)

For us nonmembers, its a great opportunity, and also the anti-cheaters. We have a smile on our faces. More bank spaces (yay!), less RWT (yippee), nothing affects us much except for the members (mwahaha..) anyways. That was mean, but I think its unfair, but for years, JaGex has been receiving complaints about things from other concerned players.

It's like you are concerning about your own mother in the hospital.

It mainly affects members? Are you KIDDING me? The whole F2P economy is built AROUND PKers. So, even if you aren't one, you will still feel the affects of the update...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

The only thing I have to say about this piece of writing from Tip.it times, is that....

Summoning might be the new thing to turn our eyes to....

But everytime[recently] a new skill is introduced there's only a few things good about it. When I think summoning, I think either a npc that's going to help you hold items, or something to help kill things.

The killing thing....50% would go to pking, which we don't really have anymore due to Bounty Hunt being an unfair place at the moment.

I do think there's going to be ways around for RWT to figure a way around this & jagex could have did something more if they really tried.

Just a note that I'm not a pker or merchant!.

Just a 120 that's been playing for 6+ years :]

RIP WILDERNESS :[

Hello easy clues

Hello easy runecrafting...

Hello 100m in lvl 55 wild, wtfm8? :P

imyst.png

Paul: So we've been doing a good job on Runescape lately, reducing the amount of cheating, good and fun updates...

Andrew: Yes, we're in most players' good graces, we need to do something about that.

the conversation shown in the post did not actually occur, but has been posted by myself for sarcastic motives.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Paul: So we've been doing a good job on Runescape lately, reducing the amount of cheating, good and fun updates...

Andrew: Yes, we're in most players' good graces, we need to do something about that.

the conversation shown in the post did not actually occur, but has been posted by myself for sarcastic motives.

They know damn well that the players hate it, and they knew they would before releasing it. Don't think otherwise. They won't admit it bluntly but for obvious reasons, but it's clear from some of the staff posts.

It's either this or being owned financially by bank charges on autoers stolen credit cards and the game point being removed by rwt'ers. They had to do something or there would be no rs. It's a different game now, but it's the best they could do, and have TRIED to put some form of replacement for everything that's lost.

I think it's unfair for you to make out jagex are really this dumb. (not including the ditch anyway, that was a pile of horse manure even i admit)

So, I haven't been playing for long time, or checked any updates lately. So, if someone could explain what has happened, why are people so mad? I got this has something to do with trading and wilderness, could someone explain me in private message please, what has happened. I'm interested about the situation! :-k

u5zhkTY.gif

Some of these changes do suck. Some are good. But no matter at what way you look at it, I think everyone will eventually adjust to the changes.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]