Tip.it Times Presents: What the heck was THAT?

MPM

It's not a game now, just grind.

A grind????? what the heck are you talking about. this will be the best update jagex will ever make. RWT is an awful thing and this is the only way to get rid of it...jagex has tried all other approaches and it hasnt worked.

I applaud jagex on such a smart move.

Are you high? Are you drunk? Are you a turtle that doesn't have any friends? Or do you not enjoy drop parties, Pking, or group boss huting?

If you do not enjoy the following, then I understand your post.

No witty signatures for me :(

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talked to mod carlos this morning...the only thing he said is to "trust them"

i see it 2 ways from what happend so far...

summoning is gud = 500k people still leave/keep most of loot (money)

summoning bad = 1m people leave (pretty much everyone above lv 80 quits and rs is left with babbling idiots asking the question "where are goblins i have them for slayer?" only to be answered with another noob saying "i dunno do you know where i can slay some cows?")

gf jagx gf...o wait....no...not gf, more like goodnight for jagx

Reaperguy.png

reaperguy.png

And, on another note, what will happen to Tip.It and other Runescape Fansites?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm going to attempt to ride this storm out.

I'm noticing the problems though.

Gifts, convenience trades, etc.

I cant give gifts to people come January, I cant share expensive drops with friends, I can't give some person a set of iron armor pretty soon.

I can't give someone a death pile back.

I can't duel.

I didn't pk before, so that doesn't matter.

They need a gift system, or some changes to the trading if rs will survive this.

I'll stay till Summoning.

If the trading is as bad as I expect....

(Loyal player for 4 years, don't destroy the social aspect of rs....)

katiegirl19.png

seriously, were they even considering the concequences with the GWD runners????

how can i share a 10m loot share from a bandos hilt drop now!?

all i ask for now is a system to replace lootshare, that when it encounters and item in value of 50k+ to put it automatically up on the Grand exchange at market value, and split the profit evenly amongst the players once they leave said dungeon......

that's all i ask....

i dont care if i cant borrow my friends d full helm or party hat to look cool...

but atleast give me a loot split option or something.....

I'm level 123, with 1918 skill total.

I've played since Sep, 2001. And still enjoy playing RSC.

I know I'll miss giving out gifts to my friends.

And I'll miss doing random "99" parties.

But quite honestly all those bots were ruining runescape. I'll miss all those things, but I miss selling resources at levels that make getting them WORTH it even more.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

They actually killed 3 birds with one stone... With these updates they got rid of RWT and they also plan to edit it more in january and itl get rid of scamming (most of it anyway) and they also seem to have gotten rid of luring with these gravestones... They can get them to lose their stuff but they wont gain any of it. I am proud of jagex for doing this it proves that its not all about the money and people will actually take jagex more seriously.

Crums1.png

I honestly think Jagex will realize their mistake and less the extremes of the update because of the Swift Switch thing. Many people rioted and Jagex saw the impact and changed it, lessened it so it was in the middle, not very bad for players but good enough to make Jagex smile.

For this update many more people are complaining which means Jagex is trying to find a middle.

Rioting did nothing for swiftswitch... just wanted to clear that up. What did help SS was the creator and other smart non yelling noobs talking things over with Jagex.

OT: All updates were good except that damn trading one, I mean wtf? 3k in 15 mins... good bye warm and fuzzy feeling helping people. :cry:

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

Well didn't i warn you guys this would happen?

but, yeah, its bad; although i think the duelling update was more of a surprise, this was anticipated.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

step 1, wildy: the npcs are a nice change, pking will have to wait till everything is figured out, glad i can finally get the addy ores without having some level 100 guy killing me as soon as i get 27 ore

step 2, trading: the worst, imo, as gift giving takes a hit. but really, how else can one do it? if they keep a free trading system, then rwt will continue no matter what fancy little things they put on. as far as i'm concerned, rwt will still continue and just take 2 minutes longer, plus the amount of time it takes for a far off monster to kill them. which brings us to...

step 3, dying: just let us keep the items if we die to an npc, jagex!

step 4, droping: ballenced out with the number of newbs going to wildy to pick up free arrows and runes without fear

an option: abolish trading altogether, make shops with jagex chosen prices, and turn the game into a game with chat program. they had the social extreme, and instead of going to the glorified single player campaign, they chose middle ground, the proverbial middle road. Give it a chance

oh, and pkers: nyah nyah :P you can't kill me!!!

anything else to rant about...oh, yea. it's called a game. games make money. money runs games. and i so loled when jagex essencially said 'ok, you had enough updates players. time for us to get one' so enjoy the game and be quiet, or go to another game and be quiet. note the mandatory step

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

Guess what? There's some real negative aspects to this update, but people complained about RWT, autoers, and farmers for years.

The entire concept of each of them is the ability to move a large amount of something from one account to another with little to no compensation.

It sucks the game had to change but unfortunately a good chunk of people stopped playing the game as it was for fun and started playing for profit, which in turn just makes it less fun for everyone else. Not going to say I'm happy about the changes, but I definitely think they're going to solve the main issues in RS.

hahaha amazing!

but how do we return the items of a dead friend????

From what I hear, you bless his gravestone, and he has an hour to get his own stuff.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

not much of these updates efect me too much. im fairly self sufficient. i dont pk, and i dont scam. but the only thing that worries me is that when you try to have a drop party, in the party room, every one in that world will know about it, even if you only want your friends to get the stuff. but otherwise, in my opinion this is a huge update in the right direction for jagex.

gordhammer1.png

You see, when a mommy noob and a daddy noob really love each other...

Upon reflection (and not the yammering of fools persuading me, so stop yammering all those who are) I have decided the changes to trade are far too severe. I just plain don't like the idea of not being ABLE to give someone something and also due to the problem of price ranges being inaccurate (not really Jagex's fault per se because tracking THOUSANDS of prices per day must be incredibly difficult as must agreeing what a price range is in the first place) I think trading has been hamstrung, I certainly don't want to be forced to sell (as an example) Saradomin Brews for 1.5k or less because in my opinion they are worth more than that(being a high end herblore potion). While these ranges were in a way O.K in the GE because you had the option of not using them, with the new changes you don't have a choice and that I think is a bad move.

I'm not going to quit or 'protest' because really who does that!? I'm not even angry in any way, I just think its a bad move.

Some flexibility would be nice on Jagex's part, say increasing the proposed limit in difference in price as Qeltar suggested-in fact all of Qeltar's suggestions are good if they can indeed be implemented easily and don't create new problems.

hahaha amazing!

but how do we return the items of a dead friend????

From what I hear, you bless his gravestone, and he has an hour to get his own stuff.

They have 2-5 minutes (depending on grave type) to get back and get their stuff. But if someone blessed their gravestone, they can get up to 1 hour to come back (they can't log or die again though, or else the grave will disappear).

Zu_Wizard.png

Its official if i want to help my friends all i get is :wall: . They say it's necessary to kill RWT and we will adapt. What is stopping the RWT from adapting as well it won't take long before we see the familiar bots back again. This update did nothing but continue the slow decline of teamwork in a game that is supposed to be multi player. Runescape will not die as such but such outrageous actions were not needed when they will not help anyone let alone remove RWT.

not much of these updates efect me too much. im fairly self sufficient. i dont pk, and i dont scam. but the only thing that worries me is that when you try to have a drop party, in the party room, every one in that world will know about it, even if you only want your friends to get the stuff. but otherwise, in my opinion this is a huge update in the right direction for jagex.
I was in Lumbridge just now and someone was having a 9 mil drop party. And the bankers were repeating it over and over and over (so on and so forth) again.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Jagex had made radical changes to pking in the past you know. Like, in the early days, you could pk anywhere... but then they just restricted pking to the north... did people get angry? yes. Did people quit? ofcourse. Did runescape get better because of this? yes! with all the new players no longer being killed early and regularly there was a reduced chance of them quiting.

So Jagex has made big changes again... are people angry? yes. are people quiting? yes. Will runescape get better because of this? can't say BUT with jagex's resources no longer wasted on fighting RWTs they can now put more attention to developing this game. Before criticizing the updates i recommend we see what happens over the next couple of months.

addymthiefcape,j%20maximvs.gif

j%20maximvs.gif

j%20maximvs.gif

Brilliant article to both of you! Kudos for taking the updates and showing all the points of view. I share both points of view in that it could be fixed. I especially like some of Qeltar's ideas on how the updates could be changed. These have some great thought in them for such short notice - I only wish I could write like you.

BTW - does this mean Armadyllo is Editorial Panelist #2?

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

When I read about the trading update and the 3K limit in price difference I was wondering why they didn't have it a percentage difference, just as many other people are wondering too. It seems such an obvious thing to do, just like the GE has the price limits based on percentage from the market price.

Then the penny dropped. If the trading limit was percentage based then RWT could still happen! It would be trickier, but still possible... consider this:

Player A wants to give Player B 1 mill

They do a trade, player A puts up 20 mill, player B puts up 19 mill

The trade goes ahead because the amounts are within 5% of each other, therefore a "balanced trade", and effectively player A gave player B 1 mill.

That's why it isn't percentage based, and the 3K limit for a balanced trade is here to stay. It's a pain, but there's no way to do it differently. They really have thought hard about this.

For me, the RWT wasn't that bigger deal. But what is cool is this basically makes scamming impossible, and account stealing pointless. Take a look in the "almost got scammed" sticky. Most posts are "someone changed items in the trade and I lost heaps", or "someone stole my password and when I got my account back everything was gone". That will all change now... It'll be "someone changed items in the trade.... and the trade didn't go through" and "someone got my password, when I got my account back everything was still there, they couldn't steal anything". This is what will save runescape. The cheaters have been ruining the game for years, now they can't to it anymore.

crazykiwi - http://www.rsdrop.com

Two very nice articles that intersect my own thoughts on the matter.

Right now, the two issues people are bringing up are:

Gift Giving: Sadly, it has to stop. There's no way around this. Now, it may change if Jagex implements a Veteran system.

Loot Share: The idea of putting a "lock" on high value item dorps so that it can only be sold to the GE is good. Another is allow a "pay clan" where you can unlock the item if you offer the GE value split amoung the clan.

You know, think of it this way, Jagex will change up the trading and staking system in the coming months. No reason not too. The Bounty Hunter game will probably be improved over time.

Here's the amazing thing: Many of these changes bring about EXACTLY what I've seen ranted about. Now you can't scam anymore with log switching. Now the PKers only need to worry about PKers. You get auto-skulled. You can TELL how much the guy is carrying. His Protect Item does not work, he cannot log out, there's no NPC's blocking his combat.

Heck, even on death, you now have FIVE minutes to get your stuff and UPTO 1 hour if a Friend blesses your tombstone. Imagine that at the Dagganoth kings where you die on purpose so that your friend can bless the tombstone so that you can run and get more items at the bank. No more lost Guthix spears or Verac helms basicly.

I think this will rate one of the best updates by many.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit