Tip.it Times Presents: What the heck was THAT?

MPM

Qelter's was a much better read (no offense)...

No, that's fine by me, I liked his article better too! Mostly for the constructive suggestions.

Well I appreciate the kind words, but I thought Armadyllo's article was a great read. And this isn't a competition so let's not get into the "better" stuff. :)

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, as we do not link off site very often, we have an article by Qeltar on his own site, Truthscape. The TruthScape Soapbox - Issue #5 - ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Not Too Late to Save the Patient

I wish to redicule your idiotic thoughts after you're done reading the article. :shame:

Other than the exaggerations of the trading caps, acting like 1gp was actually going to be considered an unbalanced trade, he made a very good arguement, much better than the "I quit Runescape" and "Runescape is dead/broken" arguements.

Oh, and I noticed he said 5k nats in the 1gp difference thing, but I'm sure that he could have simply made 2 trades anyway. It's not like nobody has nats.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

They've really done it this time. The loss of staking was tolerable after a few weeks, the economy will recover. But PKing, and in January team monster hunting (can't share drops if they're 3k+...meaning worth sharing -.-), being blown out? They have destroyed their two finest aspects of the game in the holy name of stopping RWT.

Personally, if they don't change the trade thing somehow, I'm out. I'm sick of this, we can't trust Jagex to truly value what their players want anymore.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Even with all this, RWT won't die. They will just switch to selling high level accounts. Goodbye drop trading, gift giving, hello to 10000000000 bots crowding out legit players.

Ba-bing! What is lost in RWT items will just be turned over to RW account sharing/selling/trading.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Even with all this, RWT won't die. They will just switch to selling high level accounts. Goodbye drop trading, gift giving, hello to 10000000000 bots crowding out legit players.

Ba-bing! What is lost in RWT items will just be turned over to RW account sharing/selling/trading.

That's a lot more work for the cheats AND much easier to track.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

meili makes a good point and i thought of this earlier. why train your char when you can have a bot train it for you. what does that remind you of? strange thing though is they might exchange the player for the items on them but that i believe can be easily tracked by jagex and... is really just asking to be irl scammed. so not so much of a problem. them taking out the means to transfer items is huge! and pointless if the character people buy is just banned.

i'd like to declare rwt dead. move onto to another game rw traders. and i think jagex has really put the fight to the bots this time. they have that experience dealing with them and they know what they need to get the job done and they've done it. so people buy the program to train their chars? maybe, but again, much smaller scale then what's been going on with a high risk of being banned anyway. and the big thing remains no item transfers.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

That's a lot more work for the cheats AND much easier to track.

Considering the fact that 50% of players log into RS from more than 1 computer in any given week and 7% of them log into RS from more than 5 computers and the relative ease that any legitimate Real World operations site can choose a local proxy to any RS player, I respectfully disagree with you on both counts.

Source of my statement:

How many PCs do you access your RuneScape account from in a week? (19-May-2005)

Total Number of Votes: 26568

Question 1How many PCs do you access your RuneScape account from in a week? 1 50% (13305 votes)

2 32% (8396 votes)

3 10% (2603 votes)

5 or more 7% (1779 votes)

4 2% (485 votes)

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Armadyllo and the Times team, you guys are the best. Its a shame that those upstarts like Sal and Zybez are above tip.it on Google.

Yeah, like above me said, great article on such a short a notice. You guys must be great writers in real life :D .

True, real-world trading has become a problem (Chinese companies; shame on us Asians :( )

Well, on the bright side, I just got my Xbox 360 and Halo 3 as a birthday present... I hope I'll just forget about Jagex and Runescape so I won't be tempted to come back. But, I like this forum.

On 12/10/07, Jagex emerged victorious from their war against the mechanical swarms of Real World Traders.

But in the battle, we, the spectators, lost one of our closest friends...

We will always remember you, Merchanting. May the question live on.

Question.jpg

I just thought of something! Pking is NOT dead! Why? Because pking means player killing, not specifically player killing in the wildy. Every time you kill someone in the duel arena, bounty hunter, or clan wars, you are player killing, so as long as you have that option to kill players, player killing shall never die!

?r=191108

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

I had actually picked up my pen (or ms word) to write something myself. I clicked on to tipit to send it in when i realized there was already an article posted. Good job! A great read. I'm glad to see tipit has recruited a panel of wonderful writers. =D> They definitely didn't drop the ball on this one. This is such a huge change to the game that it deserves discussion. You've fed my need for a Times article.

rssig2.png

I just thought of something! Pking is NOT dead! Why? Because pking means player killing, not specifically player killing in the wildy. Every time you kill someone in the duel arena, bounty hunter, or clan wars, you are player killing, so as long as you have that option to kill players, player killing shall never die!

<.< let's not split hairs about it shall we? the original spirit of pking is dead. for example...is staking gone? no...you can still stake. but the SPIRIT of it is dead. There are no more thrills or rush of high roller staking.

rssig2.png

<.< let's not split hairs about it shall we? the original spirit of pking is dead. for example...is staking gone? no...you can still stake. but the SPIRIT of it is dead. There are no more thrills or rush of high roller staking.

Sorry, but you're talking to the guy who's constantly referred himself as heartless and souless. I didn't think about the spirit of pking, just thought in terms that might help other people to cope.

?r=191108

Sorry, but you're talking to the guy who's constantly referred himself as heartless and souless. I didn't think about the spirit of pking, just thought in terms that might help other people to cope.

lmao! fair enough then

rssig2.png

I applaud jagex *stands and applauds breifly* for their solution. I never pked, i couldnt stand it, but i do understand the huge loss of one of the main aspects of the game. For those whom shall rant: DO NOT BLAME JAGEX!!!! Blame those pitiful narbs who are too lazy to even sit and click at a computer for a few hours to raise a skill or make their gp, and would rather buy into a giant scam, blame said narbs of ignorance of economic functions! Jagex didn't ruin the game, sweatshops, goldfarming, and lazy***s did! :wall: :wall: :wall: Anyways, really looking forward to the idea of a massive fight between clans, looks great! :)

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

I applaud jagex *stands and applauds breifly* for their solution. I never pked, i couldnt stand it, but i do understand the huge loss of one of the main aspects of the game. For those whom shall rant: DO NOT BLAME JAGEX!!!! Blame those pitiful narbs who are too lazy to even sit and click at a computer for a few hours to raise a skill or make their gp, and would rather buy into a giant scam, blame said narbs of ignorance of economic functions! Jagex didn't ruin the game, sweatshops, goldfarming, and lazy***s did! :wall: :wall: :wall: Anyways, really looking forward to the idea of a massive fight between clans, looks great! :)

Yes, I said something similar somewhere in these forums. Very good advice.

?r=191108

A world without RWT = a world with less bots right?

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :boohoo:

Nice article

I don't think it will be the end of the world. I can't wait until summoning is out. Anyone know if it is going to be for nonmembers too?

Today my nephew my girlfriend and myself all quit.

I honestly don't think that Jagex really cares who quits. However, I feel that Jagex has gone down a dark path. This is one that I refuse to follow.

They have taken many of the great aspects of this game and removed them or distorted them to such a scale that I can no longer call this Runescape.

They have removed many of the Group features of the game.

No longer can I kill Boss monsters with a team and share the loot.

No longer can I casually go pking.

No longer can I go Pk ing with my nephew.

No longer can I stake.

No longer can I give Gifts to friends or borrow items.

No longer can I do favors with out using the ridiculous assist system...

No longer can I make money by trading.

No longer can I buy items for less than the G.E. Price if im willing to wait.

No longer can I buy items for More than the G.E. Price if im in a hurry.

I am stuck being level 106 I must fight people up to level 126 if I want to Pk.

I am stuck with maple logs that no one will buy because the G.E. Price is too high.

I am stuck with Arrows that no one will buy because the G.E. Price is to high.

I am stuck with air battle staves that no one will buy because the G.E. Price is to high.

I am stuck with yew longs no one will buy because the G.E. Price is to high.

I am stuck with Mage longs that no one will buy because the G.E. Price is to high.

Most Importantly:

No longer can I enjoy this game because 80% of free choice has been removed.

I am stuck with a level 106 account with 75M that I have poured 4 years into now will no longer use...

CnConrad - RIP 10-12-07

1650+ Total lvl Pre-Summoning

106 Cb lvl Pre-Summoning

Quest Cape Pre-Summoning

9ab2a6cefd.png

Sharing loot from monster hunting is my main concern..

Jagex is figuring ways to stop scamming. Therefore, they made lootshare and assist system. Yet if you can't share a bandos hilt or any drop with the unbalanced trade thing, isn't that considered scamming?

JaGex: Guess what Stakers!?! We just put a 3k cap on what you can stake! But fear not! We have implemented a poorly tested, hard to use, finicky minigame which will replace it! And, if you don't like it, there's still PKing in the Wilderness!!!

Three Weeks Later

JaGex: Guess what Pkers and Once Stakers!?! We've completely abolished the wildy in favor of two untested minigames, one of which it is impossible for the individual to win as he will get killed by large clans in junk armor!!! And guess what Merchants and People Who Have Friends!?! We're about to implement a new feature which will make it impossible for you to do unbalanced trades!!! This includes gift giving and profit making!!! But at least there's still skilling...

Three Weeks Later...

Yah. If this isn't changed in a week or two, I'm quiting P2P. But I'll hang on in F2P as a crazy old man, telling new players of the glorious days of Pking and Staking as well as Merchanting. Whilst eating beef jerky.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

As far as I am concerned, today's updates will be a good thing overall, IF JaGEx is willing to "tweak" the updates based on player ideas. For example, lootshare could have the option of putting items directly into GE and splitting the money with the members of lootshare, or there could be a "top friends" list, where people could have unbalanced trades with people who had been on the list for over 30 days. (Both of these ideas are taken from RSOF suggestions forum)

Also, Bounty Hunter needs to be 1v1 combat, because what I've heard (not doing much pvp myself) is that it's swarmed with lvl 126 clans "rogue bounty hunting" everyone in the arena.

Anyway, whatever the specifics, I think JaGEx can make these changes work if they're willing to make further modifications, or, if they're unwilling to make changes, today's updates might mark the beginning of the end of RuneScape.

Yah. If this isn't changed in a week or two, I'm quiting P2P. But I'll hang on in F2P as a crazy old man, telling new players of the glorious days of Pking and Staking as well as Merchanting. Whilst eating beef jerky.

Mmmm, beef jerky.

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.