Tip.it Times Presents: What the heck was THAT?

MPM

hahaha amazing!

but how do we return the items of a dead friend????

You don't? Doing so would be breaking the rules (ie RWT) ::'

you repair their gravestone so they can come and get their items.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The theory is that we protect our dead friends' drops by clicking the Repair or Bless options on their gravestones. Their drops won't despawn while the gravestone's still there, so they'll be able to come back and grab their stuff.

2. The theory is that we can get into a clan with our team, turn on LootShare and go kill the KQ a few times. Over time - and I don't mean just over one drop - the rewards should be shared across the members of the clan who were helping to kill her. That's over several drops, with well-distributed luck.

And thanks for the nice feedback, guys! I do look forward to seeing what happens over the next couple of months. Now, if only we could see Jagex's membership figures!

Technically, my prediction is slightly doom-laden. There've been complaints that "all" the high-levels will quit and RuneScape will just be filled with newbies / noobs who don't know what they're missing (which it already is, yet life goes on). But that's a bad thing from the point of view of many players, and I'd sympathize with their feelings.

you bring a few good "doom laden" points up, im level 102 with 87 range and 88 mage.

that kinda makes me a semi-high player (definition of a high level please? lol)

i dont think ill quit, and your right in pretty much everything you said we ought to have seen this coming seeing as how there were SO many obvious hints.

I may be weird, but I'm saving up to be eccentric!

It's a bad update no point in covering it up. >.>

I just hope Jagex can improve the bounty hunter mini-game so that it's non-multi, and multi. If not, it's ruined.

*As well as more divisions:

1-21cb, 22 to 41cb...etc

edit actually editor 2 is not that bad... but please dont link to editor 1, qeltar's site...

an emergency issue oh how appropriate with a sad little face :cry:

wonderful work jagex. now we can move the game forward without real world traders and various cheats. and i'm sure jagex has in mind a ton of pvp updates and new content on the horizon.

FOR THE never do well's and the perrenial MALCONTENTS, it's like so what you have a [bleep], if it wasnt about this it'd be about something else, do us all a favour and take the whining somewhere else. and dont even bother coming back just leave, i dont want to hear about how jagex did this and jagex did that and all your fuss. just go. \'

rock on jagex. i'm loving these updates and i look forward to all the new content in 2008! minus many cheats and bots.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

I just hope Jagex can improve the bounty hunter mini-game...

*As well as more divisions:

1-21cb, 22 to 41cb...etc

Just for the moment, given that Clan Wars seems to be capped at 100 people per team and there's no option for returning to a battle after dying, I wouldn't be surprised if people started trying to hold wars inside Bounty Hunter. Although the entrance and item restrictions aren't great for it, it's got a bank and we can teleport to a spot nearby. For the moment, those big level divisions might be useful, even if it's not part of Jagex's design.

To Vincent: Maybe you haven't been playing for too long.

I've played since RS1 on and off, and I've never complained (save the pure essence update). Now I am.

In fact, I'm leaving Runescape. They've killed the game I know and love. I can't go wander the wilderness with my friends, trying to find a lonely soul to pk. We can't share rune armor. We can't give gifts. On the plus side, I'll never lose another item unless I go to the wilderness. On the downside, that completely ruins the aspect of danger in "dangerous" areas.

I'm sure Jagex will do fine. Over time, they'll lose a lot of their old players, but they'll retain more new players. I would have preferred they make a RS3 so I could still enjoy my old game. Oh well. I'm done with RS. I'll stick around with the small hope that they'll fix things, but that is all but gone. :boohoo:

Jagex has just showed that it IS about the money.

Really nice read. one of the only balanced and objective views on this update that i've seen. And i think you're right to.. RS won't die because of it, the masses of lower players will grow up, so to speak, with these game rules and learn how to play by them. higher levelled players with goals to work towards will adapt.

Personally i'm leaving the game because of it. Not as an 'up your's' to Jagex, they won't notice the ack of my subscription money and i'm sure they'll find someone else to fill the spot.. i'm leaving because the thing's i most enjoyed in this game are gone. I don't have any major goals anymore, i'm done with grinding skills and i'm happy with my combat level. i only really played to pk for fun and boss kill with my friends. a few weeks ago i liked staking as well. One of the things i will miss the most is the PK video community, there was a lot of talent there.. both pking talent and vid editing. i cant see anyone making bounty hunter vids anytime soon.

IMO the bounty hunter game is a sorry excuse for a pking replacement, it's dominated by teams in junk gear and is near impossible to play without becoming a rogue.. at the expense of protect item prayer! which is even more reason to pk in junk gear. i'm sure this will be tweaked in coming months though like most games. I havnt played the clan game yet but i'll try and organise something before my membership runs out.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Jagex has just showed that it IS about the money.

Money makes the game happen. No money, no programmers, no server hosting, no game. Rental agencies and mortgage holders seldom accept free RuneScape membership as payment!

That said, they do put in the effort. RuneScape's a giant cash-cow, and they could sit around milking it and releasing just one update per month if they liked. People have even voted that they'd like Jagex to update less often, but they keep trying to improve the game week after week, and I don't believe it's a cost-effective way of trying to get extra subscribers.

They could certainly go with the player suggestions of selling RS gold themselves, undercutting the existing RWT merchants and raking in a huge profit. But they don't. It's been pointed out on these forums - I forget by whom - that the RS economy would fall over horribly if Jagex did that, and they seem to agree, even though they'd probably get a nice quick profit.

If it is just about the money, they could be milking it with a lot less effort than they're currently showing.

first of all you are entitled to your opinions about what the game is to you and how you play and what you want to see in the game stay etc.

there's some things about these updates i'm not thrilled about, and yes i'm grieving those things as well, as well as getting used to or adjusting to the huge changes, i still havent completely. but, overall, i believe these changes are in the best interests of the game for the long term and it was necessary that these changes were made.

i've played since 2003 and i did play rsc and i still log in to rsc sometimes. i'm not pessimistic about these changes i think they're good for the game. i am sad to see people react so badly and i wish they wouldnt but that's who they are and it doesnt really reflect on what jagex is doing imo.

jagex is doing what they need to do and as for what to expect in the future, like i said, i think jagex knows pvp is a popular thing and i think they will continue to add features for pvp and new content in the future, so i'm not worried about that. jagex has been criticised repeatedly by some people, unfairly and unjustly imo, with their petty gripes and petty attitudes.

i see these changes as necessary given the circumstances and they lay the groundwork for future content. yes it is sad to see such huge changes to the game and i know jagex is aware of how this does affect players and i believe jagex when they say they are planning future content that will be excellent. so be pessimistic if you want, but that's your choice. and i hope you do stick around if you're going to do more than point the finger at jagex. and i'm with you really. i'm hoping for the best of course and i am in the process of "digesting" these changes to the game and really i dont know what the outcome will be but i'd like to think that there is room for optimism and that the game will be even better. could i be wrong? i could be. things change. hopefully changes can be good if we give them a chance and they'll keep updating and hopefully more for the good then bad. and jagex has said they are open to suggestions so take them up on that if you have something you think would be good for the game.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

................../:::,/```'''''''''''````-- ,:::\.........._________________............................

..................|::/ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ|::: ......../...............................\...........................

...................\| ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¾ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¾ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¾_ - -_ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¾ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¾ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¾ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ|::/......./.....JAGEX RUINED RS!!........|.................___...

...................-|ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆÃâÃâõ-`|: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâ -ÃÆÃâÃâõÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ|:/|....../...._________________/.........._-~`` ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ \..

...................|;| ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ / ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ \ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ | ;/__/..../..............................., ---~`` ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ` ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ , /..

...................`-| ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ|`_____/............................../` ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ_ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ-````'.....

......................\ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ`ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï` ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ,,- |,..................................../ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ /_,,__,,.........

........................`\ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ /-` / ``~-,.............___........../ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ'~,,,_ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ `ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ`|ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ\........

.........................| ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ-ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ /::::::::::::`/``ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï::::::::\......./ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ\ /ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ |ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ | \......

.....................,` ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ/ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï\`~,/::::::::::::::/::::/::::/ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï`-,_,| ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ |ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ/ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ|ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ/......

................-~`:: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ /::::::\ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ/::::::::::::::/::/``::::::::::::::::::/ `-_ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï``~`ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï /`ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ / ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ / /.......

....._..-~`/::::::: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ/:::::::/::::::::::::::/:::::::::::::::::::::::/:\ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ`-,,--,__/,__/,_, / '.........

.../::::::::/::::::::/::::::::/:::::::::::::/:::::::::\:::::::::::::::::\ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ``~-~--~ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢..................

..|:::::::: ::::::::: :::::::/:::::::::::::/::::::::::::\:::::::::::: ::::::\ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ /......................

./:\::::::: ::::::::: ::::::/::::::::::::/:::::::::::::::\:::::::::::::\::::::ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâïÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï~~ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï|.....................

TELL THE WHOLE RS WORLD TO LOGG OUT AT 8:00PM GMT FOR 10 MINUTES FOR OFFICIAL PROTEST

COPY & PASTE THIS TOO EVREY THREAD BRING BACK PKING JAGEX!!

this is going around the official runscape forums, btw theres like 1.2k ppl in the rants section at the moment

GESig.gif

Jagex is trying to distart/bribe us from the real issues by releasing summoning at the same as updates that change the fundamental nature of the game. Face it: the runescape we started playing back in rs1 is dead.

Requiem for Runescape [R]

It's not a game now, just grind.

A grind????? what the heck are you talking about. this will be the best update jagex will ever make. RWT is an awful thing and this is the only way to get rid of it...jagex has tried all other approaches and it hasnt worked.

I applaud jagex on such a smart move.

jagex is doing what they need to do and as for what to expect in the future, like i said, i think jagex knows pvp is a popular thing and i think they will continue to add features for pvp and new content in the future, so i'm not worried about that. jagex has been criticised repeatedly by some people unfairly and unjustly imo for their petty gripes and petty attitudes.

I think Jagex knows that more people don't pvp as people who do, so it's more profitable to appeal to the non PvPers.

The people who are criticizing are doing so because Jagex really doesn't care about us (they don't even try very hard to make it seem like they do). If they lose 1 million old vets and gain 1.5 million newbs, it's a plus. Old timers pay the same as newbs.

Over time I'd come to feel a bond to Jagex, the guys who started out small, from almost nothing, and went big; and I got to be along for it, all while playing a fun game.

No matter what way you look at it, Jagex basically [nail]ed over all the pkers, knowing there would be more newbs to take their place.

jagex is doing what they need to do and as for what to expect in the future, like i said, i think jagex knows pvp is a popular thing and i think they will continue to add features for pvp and new content in the future, so i'm not worried about that. jagex has been criticised repeatedly by some people unfairly and unjustly imo for their petty gripes and petty attitudes.

I think Jagex knows that more people don't pvp as people who do, so it's more profitable to appeal to the non PvPers.

The people who are criticizing are doing so because Jagex really doesn't care about us (they don't even try very hard to make it seem like they do). If they lose 1 million old vets and gain 1.5 million newbs, it's a plus. Old timers pay the same as newbs.

Over time I'd come to feel a bond to Jagex, the guys who started out small, from almost nothing, and went big; and I got to be along for it, all while playing a fun game.

No matter what way you look at it, Jagex basically [nail]ed over all the pkers, knowing there would be more newbs to take their place.

As they said, it's all about the profit, and even if the old timers quit, the newbs would eventually become the old timers, and so on, until the game finally DOES die. It's naive to think that a company truly cares about more than making money so that they can spend it to make MORE money, and by losing a substantial amount of money here, they have effectively paved the way for a substantial amount of money in the future.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Qeltar, brilliant article. You stated everything I was thinking in a calm collective way. I especially agree with the part about the path to Hell being paved with good intentions. Thanks for the read.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Qeltar, brilliant article. You stated everything I was thinking in a calm collective way. I especially agree with the part about the path to Hell being paved with good intentions. Thanks for the read.

Wrong thread. :-w

Path of Hell? Show me the link to this article. I wish to ridicule his idiotic ideals there. :shame:

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Also, as we do not link off site very often, we have an article by Qeltar on his own site, Truthscape. The TruthScape Soapbox - Issue #5 - ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Not Too Late to Save the Patient

I wish to redicule your idiotic thoughts after you're done reading the article. :shame:

a lot of people aren't happy, its on world 66, fally square if you wanna join, but beware, its organised by RSC

now that i've posted my wonderful image that i just had to share, im going to go read the article. ::'

edit: i read the article, seems a little to positive, i've tryed bounty hunter, it is no where near a match with PKing, its like fighting a whole clan, alone, without any chance of escaping.

pkersarenthappytc7.th.jpg

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.