41k online. 1/3rd drop in people online.

deep_pain

More room to train for me, I really could care less I'm self sufficient. People need to stop worrying about the numbers and play the game. Its a monday night for one thing, sure some people quit, other people logged off early or whatever. The truth will happen on Friday night, if it dipps under 100k people from friday night to Saturday morning I could understand worry about people playing.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More room to train for me, I really could care less I'm self sufficient. People need to stop worrying about the numbers and play the game. Its a monday night for one thing, sure some people quit, other people logged off early or whatever. The truth will happen on Friday night, if it dipps under 100k people from friday night to Saturday morning I could understand worry about people playing.

I'm not worried by it.. I'm not sure anyone that's posted is worried about it?

Interested defiately, interested in knowing how many people are usually on at this time, interested in what caused it.. evidently a mix of people quitting, power outages, bots not being on, people like me just not really wanting to play tonight because I'm frustrated with the updates, but whether peeople stay or not, runescape will still be here in 3 years, whether these updates change or not runescape will still be here in 3 years.

I'm interested to see what the low point of numbers will be, and what jagex's reactions to it would be if there is a low number problem at all.

But worried? no

EDIT:

It does seem to be slowing down some now.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

How many people are usually on at this time of night (2:16 AM Central time)?

I dont usually watch numbers this much, but this is usually a busy little period for PK'ers, some late night people on in U.S. evening people in Asia / Australia, and Europe b4 work and school would have started coming on an hour ago.

EDIT now 48K

it doesnt seem to be stopping...

I don't understand how it still isn't stopping. I expected it to be low, but it has to stop dropping at some point surely.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

This is shocking. I play during this time often enough, but I've never seen these many worlds so empty. :shock:

To give an example of how empty it is, here's a quickly thrown together screenshot of the emptiest worlds.

worlds.gif

200-300 people I could understand, but this is just... wow...

How... Moxious.

Barrows Drops: Dharok Plate (5/12/06) Torag Legs (5/12/06) Verac Flail (5/20/06) Guthan Helm (5/29/06) Ahrim Hood (6/9/06) Verac Skirt (6/25/06)

Over the next few days, I recommend you head over to Kubr.Net and head over to the graph section and make a graph of the last seven days and see if there are any big dips at all. That would really show the change, if there is much.

By the way, that's a safe link.

You should definately look at the link Mam posted, apart from update [bleep]es clearly the lowest amount of people online in 3 months.

EDIT 45k...

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

Do you REALLY think Jagex is suprised? They POSTED that they expected this in the Development Diaries.

Yeah, it's gonna hurt. It's gonna be a hard pill to swallow. However, I think this may be the best thing to happen to MMORPG's.

Think of Pking: For now it's kinda like it was before (clans dominate). So there'll be updates like: Solo only bounty (no rogue in that area). Another variant like the Duel Arena where you pay an entrance fee, and every kill nets you the victim's entrance fee. Maybe a Pk anywhere option down the road.

Heck, they may allow us to pk in the wild again. Sure you don't get drops, but you get to annoy people and that can be fun sometimes.

Right now, they did a major shift. Now it's to build on that shift.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I see no particular changes to the usage pattern. It's rather normal to go under 50k during a school night.

If there are any changes through, I will bet my dollar on the numbers of bots that are turned off. In which case, all the better!

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I see no particular changes to the usage pattern. It's rather normal to go under 50k during a school night.

If there are any changes through, I will bet my dollar on the numbers of bots that are turned off. In which case, all the better!

Click the link mam posted, it will be clearer in a few hours when the the numbers for now arn't right on the edge.

(nm didnt see that you had)

put a piece of str8 paper or ruler to the bottom of far right hand corner, we're at least 15k down to any day except the server crashes and the [bleep]es on updates.

It is a very clear change

Do you REALLY think Jagex is suprised? They POSTED that they expected this in the Development Diaries.

Yeah, it's gonna hurt. It's gonna be a hard pill to swallow. However, I think this may be the best thing to happen to MMORPG's.

Think of Pking: For now it's kinda like it was before (clans dominate). So there'll be updates like: Solo only bounty (no rogue in that area). Another variant like the Duel Arena where you pay an entrance fee, and every kill nets you the victim's entrance fee. Maybe a Pk anywhere option down the road.

Heck, they may allow us to pk in the wild again. Sure you don't get drops, but you get to annoy people and that can be fun sometimes.

Right now, they did a major shift. Now it's to build on that shift.

I wish I had your confidence that they would make a single combat area in bounty hunter, it does after all seem the obvious thing to do, that's what most PK'ers are annoyed about.

But I don't think it's going to happen. This isn't like the assist update, I have a funny feeling that this is more like the rsc to rs2 update, such a large and major change that they might make a few edits... but do you think they havent realised that this basically ended solo pking? As you say they expected this backlash..

It was obvious just reading the update that if bounty was multi combat it was going to kill PKing, I didn't need to go there to know if I went in and it was multi combat I was going to be attacked by clans and be unable to get a 1v1..you think with 300 staff no one thought about that? Of course I did go in and got teamed str8 away. as did everyone who I knew that went.

They knew and we have to suck it up. Because this is the new runescape, the duelling the Pking the exchange the no dropping more than 3k, it's all interlinked, if they make changes to one they will have to make changes to all.

As with RS2 a lot of RSC'ers quit, the begining of RS2 Jagex lost a lot of subscribers, they took the hit knowing they would make more money in future.

This isn't just about RWT, it's about making a child friendly game where you dont lose your stuff if you die, nothing is dangerous, nobody can be scammed, nobody can be lured, nobody can kill anybody else, nobody can try and make a profit other than with their skills, it's RS3 in all but name, lots will quit, but they knew that already. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for changes.

I hope, that the user loss is a lot higher than expected.. it is the only chance of any big changes being made. In my belief.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

Just a three day comparison off Kubr.net to show you, there is definitely a drop there, even the peak yesterday was lower than normal.

graphxt4.png

You'd need to show the 7 day really, saturday and sunday is always a peak over monday.

Basically last monday the low was about 65000 maybe a bit more, so far this monday 42000... 23k difference... 1 months and 3 month show the same but u need a big monitor really to see the scale.

It is at least 20k down on the average monday.. right now, but... at points it's been at least 40k off of what i'd have expected.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting