41k online. 1/3rd drop in people online.

deep_pain

Numbers seem pretty normal right now, as mam mentioned it really needs a few days or weeks to see if there is any difference I guess.

To be honest right now only PK'ers are affected, and I'm the first to admit due to changes that have been happening ever since RSC, PK'ers have been dwindling and are now a small minority.

Probably get a better idea of if there is any real traffic difference when the bigger 3k limit update comes out.

Not that I believe this will have any effect on the updates, Jagex were aware people would be unhappy, and aware a certain percentage would quit, but like the move from RSC to RS2, they believe that targetting a new market will make up for any short term losses.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rantsjb4.png

See the post count? In ~ONE DAY. The past few updates have basically been JaGEx burning down a house to kill the mice. They wrecked so many important, unique features of RS in only a few days, and they expected us to accept cut-rate substitutions. For what? Because they decided to pursue a vendetta against a VERY small group of players and some groups of slightly unethical people. I think that possibly the ONLY good thing to come out of these updates is that it's virtually impossible to scam people. If they want to go this far, could they at least come up with GOOD replacements for the missing features? Runescape has changed from being an MMORPG into a hybrid game that allows tiny amounts of interaction, basically on the chat screen. A modern text adventure...

And once again; WHY 3K?!

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

41k again tonight. 21K+ below the normal lows on a monday and tuesday night.

could it all be bots? I havent been on a f2p to check.

But the kubr graphs show 62/3k is the average minimum and as far as I can see it hasn't dropped below 60k in the last 30 days.

So that's nearly 30% fewer players at the low point.

High point seems almost exatly the same as any other monday/tuesday.

If that's just PK'ers it's crazy, because as mentioned b4 PK'ers are a minority.

What will it look like when they do the 3k trade and drop limits.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

Some servers have 100 people playing only! Never seen it so low.

That's what I was about to say. Most servers have like 150 people. That's really scary to see all those low numbers... Runescape is in big trouble right now.

2480+ total

But the kubr graphs show 62/3k is the average minimum and as far as I can see it hasn't dropped below 60k in the last 30 days.

If that's just PK'ers it's crazy, because as mentioned b4 PK'ers are a minority.

You should not use the 3-Day graph because RuneScape traffic is always more significant during weekends (kids not in school). Here's the 30 day to show you the difference.

kurb-1.jpg

As you see here, there do exist a dip in player count (~10k), especially during night time. Since bots operate either at night or 24/7, it's a good guess that a majority of the drop came from bots leaving the game rather than actual players.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

As you see here, there do exist a dip in player count (~10k), especially during night time. Since bots operate either at night or 24/7, it's a good guess that a majority of the drop came from bots leaving the game rather than actual players.

Let's hope. Still ~150 people a server even at USA nightime is pretty scary.

2480+ total

You should not use the 3-Day graph because RuneScape traffic is always more significant during weekends (kids not in school). Here's the 30 day to show you the difference.

kurb-1.jpg

kubr.jpg

I'd say much more like 20k+ at low which is 1/3rd+ drop in of players at low point.. look at all previous nights not including weekends the minimum player is 60k+ (top line) apart from the day i marked in red which is still above by 15k+ there hasn't been a time that it has dropped below 60k. Last 2 nights have seen a 1/3rd drop.

if you look at individual servers the drop is universal, p2p and f2p servers and there were far more bots on f2p servers so I doubt it can all be attributed to bots. But yes it must be a percentage.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

ya, looking at it again, it does appear to be closer to 20k. I hope Cruiser could look through the data and give us the hard numbers. I am optimistic that the daily-high change very little.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

kurb-1.jpg

My first thought about this update when I logged in today was: "we need a graph of people online on Rs". Well, this was exactly what we needed. Could you give me a link to this? I want to see what happens in 2-3 weeks before we jump into conclusion though. Maybe it's a temporary dip, I heard a lot of people saying: "I don't feel like playing right now". Maybe the numbers will go up after the first disappointment has gone.

Just wondering one more thing; is there such a graph for members only servers? After all, they're more significant IMO.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

http://kubr.net/popgraph

Link was originally posted by mam.

the site has individual servers so you can look at members servers, but not a global for members only servers, maybe if someone asked the owner or pointed them this way they might be able to provide the info.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

last weekend there was 250k people playing at the same time. i've never seen that many at one time. free to play has been given new life. they have THREE new minigames. if you havent checked out clan wars, you should, it's a blast. 8-) and i love when free to play gets updates. they seem to appreciate it so much more.

the times you are tracking the people online makes no real sense. there hasnt been a significant drop in number of ppl online, it's the same numbers of people pretty much so i dont see the point your making. what you're trying to present just isnt happening.

sure there's people upset and quitting but not very significant numbers of people. i think you've already got a preconcieved conclusion without examining the actual data and you're trying to meet your conclusion regardless of what is and isnt taking place.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

http://kubr.net/popgraph

Link was originally posted by mam.

the site has individual servers so you can look at members servers, but not a global for members only servers, maybe if someone asked the owner or pointed them this way they might be able to provide the info.

graph47acffoo2.png

Is it just me, or does this show a clear drop of ~100k players scince the 10th?

:|

Edit: This is it over a week:

graph4ab146ve7.png

There is a normal rise over the weekends obviously (which shows my previous comment to be inaccurate) But there still seems to be a small drop if you compare this week's stats to last week's.

it is just you. if you look at the date, the 9th is sunday, that's a weekend day obviously. the other days you show are weekdays. and for your edit? does this really deserve four pages of discussion. there hasnt been much change has there. look at the numbers yourself. :P

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

It can be safe to say some people cancelled their membership immediately after the updates. Assuming that they will continue to play until their membership runs out (to avoid waste), we won't see the full effect of this "boycott" until after a month.

So far, the updates only affect new players, PKers, drop traders, and people who do old-fashioned drop parties. However, assuming that Jagex carries out its plans to remove unbalanced trade, it will affect everyone, not just PKers and drop traders.

After the first week of January, we can expect to see another massive drop.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

yes i'm sure ixfd, after jagex release the summoning skill I'm sure that will drive everyone away. :roll: not. and i like how you used the term another when there hasnt even been a drop. just love how people only see what they want to see.

it is just you. if you look at the date, the 9th is sunday, that's a weekend day obviously. the other days you show are weekdays. and for your edit? does this really deserve four pages of discussion. there hasnt been much change has there. look at the numbers yourself. :P

Yes, as I said there has been a small drop, which is, not much change at all. Which is surprising, until you realise that those numbers are pretty insignificant. So in fact, it doesn't really warrant four pages of discussion :P

yes i'm sure ixfd, after jagex release the summoning skill I'm sure that will drive everyone away. :roll: not. and i like how you used the term another when there hasnt even been a drop. just love how people only see what they want to see.

I know what I know. I play the same time everyday and it has *never* dropped to 100 on almost every server. That is *not* normal. :roll:

I'm not really sure I understand the people that refuse to see a clear number difference, I initially made the post to find out if there actually was a difference, there is that is fairly conclusive, at the low point there is a 20k drop in players.

The reason for this maybe totally due to bots, or it maybe down to players quitting or it may just be down to weather, those are all debatable, but the fact that their is a drop at all is not debatable.. there is a cleear and distinct drop of numbers online at the low point, clear is very clearly 1/3rd down.

As I have said a few times, I don't really want this to be a topic about if the update was right or wrong, it was initially to decide if the fact numbers were down was a fact.. now it is obviously fact.. now people are talking about why that is the case.

In my view probably 50/50 bots / PKers not playing.

Vincent please describe how the 2 lines on this image are not a drop. btw the lines are 20k apart

kubr.jpg

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting