Clan Support Update

I think it would be a good idea if we have something similar to RuneScape Community's "United Nations". It's a private sub-board that each clan can discuss issues privately. I think Tip.it should have something like that.

What do you think?

j0xPu5R.png

I think Clan Discussion needs to become more active first :/

This^

Unless I'm thinking incorrectly, RuneScape Community is currently the main meeting ground for major clans, right? Tip.it used to have that position but it switched at a certain point in time. Unless the Staff is going to actively pursue getting the main clan scene to be back at Tip.it, there is no point in expanding the clan forums at all. In fact, I think they are too numerous as is.. but that isn't my decision to make.

I would like to see a clan reach out at some point but it is going to have be something very active, very unique, and very exciting in order to get clans to even think about looking back at Tip.it. This may include changing things that aren't even clan related - what those are, I couldn't say. All I know is that the current situation suits the major clans else they wouldn't have been there for all this time. There is no reason for anything major to change (for them to suddenly swoop over here) unless there is a large incentive provided.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

This^

Unless I'm thinking incorrectly, RuneScape Community is currently the main meeting ground for major clans, right? Tip.it used to have that position but it switched at a certain point in time. Unless the Staff is going to actively pursue getting the main clan scene to be back at Tip.it, there is no point in expanding the clan forums at all. In fact, I think they are too numerous as is.. but that isn't my decision to make.

I would like to see a clan reach out at some point but it is going to have be something very active, very unique, and very exciting in order to get clans to even think about looking back at Tip.it. This may include changing things that aren't even clan related - what those are, I couldn't say. All I know is that the current situation suits the major clans else they wouldn't have been there for all this time. There is no reason for anything major to change (for them to suddenly swoop over here) unless there is a large incentive provided.

There are still Tip.it based clans. I think you should create an area so that those clans can discuss issues together or even schedule events. For example: Tal Shiar Alliance, Militos Deci, *-P.K.Masters-*, maybe Templar Knights of Europe (TKOE). Also, this section might attract more people.

j0xPu5R.png

I think the previous months have proven that this staff isn't capable to make CD active again.

I think the fact that you walked out proves that you know nothing that has been discussed/planned during the past few months.

And Killerred005 - do you mean one new forum for all the clans to share, or a bunch of new forums, each for a different clan?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think the previous months have proven that this staff isn't capable to make CD active again.

I think the fact that you walked out proves that you know nothing that has been discussed/planned during the past few months.

Planned? Hah. Clan discussion is about rapid action, about quick and smart thinking, grabbing chances when they are offered. What did staff do when Corr on their own initiative started posting here? NOTHING. And I know that because until then I still was a part of that "famous" working CIC. Funny that you say you are all having great ideas, but nothings happening. You can hear a needle falling in CD. Funny also that when I talk to inside members of the CIC they say (even publicy) that there is no attempt to do something.

Edit: the person who reported this, just LOL omfg.

signature4s.jpg

And Killerred005 - do you mean one new forum for all the clans to share, or a bunch of new forums, each for a different clan?

One forum for all the clans to share I'm thinking of.

j0xPu5R.png

And what has your discussion and planning come to?

A clan UN requires a lot of clans to work - not five.

Offline and unavailable.

Planned? Hah. Clan discussion is about rapid action, about quick and smart thinking, grabbing chances when they are offered. What did staff do when Corr on their own initiative started posting here? NOTHING. And I know that because until then I still was a part of that "famous" working CIC. Funny that you say you are all having great ideas, but nothings happening. You can hear a needle falling in CD. Funny also that when I talk to inside members of the CIC they say (even publicy) that there is no attempt to do something.

Edit: the person who reported this, just LOL omfg.

I'm afraid you have been misinformed. The CIC is making progress. There's no purpose in posting garbage about things from the past. We are moving forward with the best intentions and a great planning team. If you want more information please ask privately instead of assuming you know all and creating inflammatory posts.

- Ard

You're 100% correct.

We are making progress like Ard_Choille said, but for some reason things have, once again, slowed down.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

You're 100% correct.

We are making progress like Ard_Choille said, but for some reason things have, once again, slowed down.

If we have a clan UN, it may attract more members as I said before. If a clan comes and sees a clan UN, they might feel entitled to attempt to join it.

j0xPu5R.png

This may be off-topic, or on-topic, but w/e:

If Tip.It is planning to make a come back with the Clan Area, they need to introduce all the features RSC has, and then some more features for the clans, or tons of different, or unique features that RSC couldn't top, or compare to. It's just useless to slowly input one or two, possibly three features when no one is going to use them. Also, I see maybe four people who are generally active in the Clan Forums, that would probably be the first major issue to getting the Clan Area back, instead of wasting time planning other things to happen to the Clan Area. I don't even know if this has been discussed but I feel like posting it. >.>

And multiple forums for each clan, that idea is kind of impractical in my opinion. As most clans have their own forums, and all those extra forums, even if they are hidden from the public eye, the moderators would still have to moderate them, which would add work to their already 'heavy workload'.

This may be off-topic, or on-topic, but w/e:

If Tip.It is planning to make a come back with the Clan Area, they need to introduce all the features RSC has, and then some more features for the clans, or tons of different, or unique features that RSC couldn't top, or compare to. It's just useless to slowly input one or two, possibly three features when no one is going to use them. Also, I see maybe four people who are generally active in the Clan Forums, that would probably be the first major issue to getting the Clan Area back, instead of wasting time planning other things to happen to the Clan Area. I don't even know if this has been discussed but I feel like posting it. >.>

If they do what RSC does and more, more clans will go back to Tip.it maybe. They certainly aren't now. If we wait, it's not going to work either.

And multiple forums for each clan, that idea is kind of impractical in my opinion. As most clans have their own forums, and all those extra forums, even if they are hidden from the public eye, the moderators would still have to moderate them, which would add work to their already 'heavy workload'.

I'm just talking about one forum in which each clan leaders get Moderator powers. They all can talk about issues that affect each other.

j0xPu5R.png

I'm just talking about one forum in which each clan leaders get Moderator powers. They all can talk about issues that affect each other.

One forum for each clan? Or for all clan leaders to discuss General Clan related issues?

And why would the Clan Leader(s) get mod powers?

Sorry but some of us don't know the exact specifics to RSC's UN boards. :XD:

I'm afraid you have been misinformed. The CIC is making progress. There's no purpose in posting garbage about things from the past. We are moving forward with the best intentions and a great planning team. If you want more information please ask privately instead of assuming you know all and creating inflammatory posts.

I have to create "inflammatory" posts, because every discussion about the progress of the CIC/CD is being blocked by staff. I don't mind how many ideas you have, how many people are thinking about it or how many pages you got written with options, I'd like to see some action. If nothing happens before 2008, it's too late (if it isn't already).

I don't PM staff members, because Clan Discussion is mainly for users. There has been NEVER a user poll on these boards about which changes they would like to see, everything needs to be discussed endlessly and if one person finds an argument not to do it it won't be done. People are suggesting to make a private board for clans only, but we don't have clans here. Stop making plans as if CD is active, but make it active.

signature4s.jpg

I'm not going to assume I know even .1% of what is going on in the background regarding the Clan boards.. but I agree with some points that have been mentioned here.

Clan support on Tip.it needs to be massively overhauled and new, unique features need to be added. Rules need to be adjusted to suit the clan environment (what this entails, I'll leave for someone else to decide). The changes that are made need to be drastic and eye-catching - the actual details of the changes made need to be broadcasted on the main page (and the forums), especially the part about relaxed rules and improved staff support. People need to KNOW what has been done and what the goals of the new clan section are. Any mistakes in the past need to be acknowledged in brief and it needs to be emphasized that Tip.it is once again opening its doors to the clan world.

For any of this to happen, there needs to be some improvement in communication. Again, I'm totally in the dark about what the CIC is doing. I'm not assuming they are not doing work nor am I saying that what they have in store isn't great or wonderful. What I AM saying is in order to implement these changes properly and to ensure that they actually work, the discussion about these changes needs to be brief and swift. Maybe it is true that everyone is trying to please one another. Just because there is one disagreement does not mean that the discussion needs to stagnate or that the idea needs to be thrown out. "They" need to keep things moving and not let any idea or discussion die out. Perhaps a deadline would help.. but I think it would be best if an admin/other staff member could be totally devoted to the project and make sure things keep moving along.

What it boils down to is this: major clans are settled and comfortable where they are. Tip.it needs to do something (in a speedy manner) if they want to get clans to even consider looking here again. This "something" needs to be eye-catching, interesting, and unique to Tip.it. I do not think it wise to rely on one single board or group creation to attempt to attract people back in. They need to be FORCED to reconsider Tip.it as an option because of feature X, Y, or Z.

That being said, the entire content of this thread does rely on two important factors:

- That Tip.it actually wants to rebuild its clan base. The clan boards at their peak brought a lot of activity.. but also a lot of problems. Something to consider.

- Clans are willing to look at Tip.it again, consider "moving," AND that the wilderness changes do not completely redesign the current clan system in place. I haven't kept up or participated in discussions regarding these new changes... but it would probably be best to take into account these recent wilderness adjustments in the thinking behind the new clan scene here.

Sorry if I stepped on any staff member's toes with this post!

sithbridgeay2.jpg

One forum for each clan? Or for all clan leaders to discuss General Clan related issues?

And why would the Clan Leader(s) get mod powers?

Sorry but some of us don't know the exact specifics to RSC's UN boards. :XD:

One forum for all clan members to discuss private events between each other. I said clan members because it will bring more activity into the board.

The Clan Leader(s) will get moderator powers so the moderators and administrators on Tip.it don't get a heavier workload.

I know that, but we can try and make something that actually works.

j0xPu5R.png

I may not be one of the admins but I can definitely pop in here and say that we will not be giving moderator powers to clan leaders just because they are one, even if it is for the clan board.

All of the moderators that are picked are picked because we trust them. If we were to apply this process to a clan board, then some clans may claim that we favor some clans over another. Also, there would really be nothing stopping one of these leaders from going in and terrorizing the topic of another clan.

By keeping all moderator functions restricted to a group that we can control, it makes it much easier on us.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

One forum for all clan members to discuss private events between each other. I said clan members because it will bring more activity into the board.

The Clan Leader(s) will get moderator powers so the moderators and administrators on Tip.it don't get a heavier workload.

I know that, but we can try and make something that actually works.

Something like this was already tried, but failed:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=547986

Offline and unavailable.

I may not be one of the admins but I can definitely pop in here and say that we will not be giving moderator powers to clan leaders just because they are one, even if it is for the clan board.

All of the moderators that are picked are picked because we trust them. If we were to apply this process to a clan board, then some clans may claim that we favor some clans over another. Also, there would really be nothing stopping one of these leaders from going in and terrorizing the topic of another clan.

By keeping all moderator functions restricted to a group that we can control, it makes it much easier on us.

You make a good point. Perhaps we should just allow the moderators already present to have moderator powers after all. Such as: Global Moderators, Administrators, Super Moderators and Clan Moderators.

j0xPu5R.png

You make a good point. Perhaps we should just allow the moderators already present to have moderator powers after all. Such as: Global Moderators, Administrators, Super Moderators and Clan Moderators.

Or you could just elect some leaders to run it.

pan.png

Indeed! There arn't as many people using the forums, compared to all of these other forums. Mabey Eventually your Idea could be sucessfull. But, Great Idea!

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.