Plenty of members are leaving...what about NEW members?

SportsGuy

I've been an F2P of RuneScape since early fall and a mid to late fall member of this forum.

I know some people are dropping their membership because of the updates, but are some people (like me) finally considering membership? I'm close to my personal goal of getting all F2P skills to level 50 or greater before joining and still find the game fun. If it weren't for places like this and Sal's Realm, I wouldn't have stuck with the game that long.

Just curious...any players like me?

(I'm just waiting for PayPal to get my deposit, then I'll kill the dragon in the Dragon Slayer quest and join!)

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Kind of like natural progressions or even watching the skin on your forearm. For every bit of old that flakes off, new is already in the queue to replace it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I used to be the same way (keep in mind this was about 2 years ago). All of my RuneScape-playing friends had memberships, and I didn't. I couldn't participate in any member's questing, skilling, or anything that involved going beyond the boundaries between Members and Free players. I slowly raised my skills to a level that would allow me to at the very least SURVIVE the member's world, earned the money, and asked my dad to give me a membership, and I've been a member since! To be completely frank, I can't really say if it's a good idea for you to get membership. The only way you can know, is if you TRY it. I say, get a month's membership, try it, enjoy it, and see if you want to continue being one. This way, you can experience the many new features and changes, even if it's only for a little while. You can always cancel the membership if you feel it's not right for you, and there's always another time to start it up again.

I say, it's all up to you.

nice skills mate, especially for F2P, i re-sent in my membership after taking a break from the game for a year. this is the first post ive made on tip.it forums in a year as well.

So im sort of a new member =\ but not really.

Careful though - Once you go members you can't play F2P, its just that much better =\

Welcome :D

callum6052.png

I think I'm back :O

nice skills mate, especially for F2P, i re-sent in my membership after taking a break from the game for a year. this is the first post ive made on tip.it forums in a year as well.

So im sort of a new member =\ but not really.

Careful though - Once you go members you can't play F2P, its just that much better =\

Welcome :D

Thanks for the kind words...much obliged. It's players like you I'd join to play along with and I appreciate your input. The F2P thing is just getting boring. I'm basically just skilling (for instance, tonight it's runecrafting trips between the Duel Arena bank and the fire altar).

I've posted on the help and advice page about something similar, so if you'd care to take a look, please do.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Kind of like natural progressions or even watching the skin on your forearm. For every bit of old that flakes off, new is already in the queue to replace it.

Of course, you have to ask yourself - is the replacement of the old with the new good or bad? Are the new players worse than the old ones? Less mature? Less kindly? That sort of thing.

Red+Warplord.png

Non-displayed stats: Construction 26, Farming 6

Of course, you have to ask yourself - is the replacement of the old with the new good or bad? Are the new players worse than the old ones? Less mature? Less kindly? That sort of thing.

You should also realize that a player isn't "good", "mature", "better", or "kinder" overnight when they make the jump to Members, either. Give it time and they'll prove their worth in one category or another.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

You should also realize that a player isn't "good", "mature", "better", or "kinder" overnight when they make the jump to Members, either. Give it time and they'll prove their worth in one category or another.

If that was towards me, I'm aware that membership doesn't exactly make a player better or such overnight. I was commenting that the player base changes over time, and it'll be interesting to see whether the new wave of members are better for the game than the leaving ones just in general.

Red+Warplord.png

Non-displayed stats: Construction 26, Farming 6

Well good luck with Dragon Slayer, its one of the best quests ever.

Also, becoming a member is all up to you, not really anyone else EXCEPT for the person that is going to pay for it. I became a member about 5 years ago and I still play, the only problem is when I log into Free Worlds I just want to rip my eyes out... some people are really stupid. <.<

Try members for a month, and when its time to make the desicion to pay for another month, do it. You'll love the member's game, its just so much more content and ways to become un-bored.

:D

Pasty.png

I don't think there is a skill requirement for joining members. I remember when I first joined members, over 5 years ago now, I was level 27 combat and I believe my highest skills were fishing and cooking which were in the low 50s and I never struggled to do anything.

Although back then there was no where near as much to do as there is today the quieter servers and larger area made it much much easier to raise my skills, one of the main reasons I became a member.

I don't know anyone who hasn't enjoyed members and only know of a couple of people who became a member and had to stop and still manage to put with f2p after that time.

Have fun exploring the members, if you have any questions about anything just add me in game and I'll be happy to answer them.

New members, as well as new players, will adapat much more easily.

They didn't play (as long) with the old basis on which the game was based on, so they won't find these changes as shocking as most of us did.

Easier adjustments = don't find it weird = don't quit.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

New members, as well as new players, will adapat much more easily.

They didn't play (as long) with the old basis on which the game was based on, so they won't find these changes as shocking as most of us did.

Easier adjustments = don't find it weird = don't quit.

Yes yes, true. But a sharper learning curve = a better idiot filter.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

exactly as he said. For everyone that quite someone there are the same amount of new people tehre to make up the numbers so not much change is seen.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

He was just talking about skin on your arm.... I don't think skin has a morality.

Sig.jpg

That doesn't really make sense to me because there's not a limit on how many members RS can have. Your forearm is only ye big, but RS is (potentially) unlimited.

Cowmasta13.png

Nothing can stop a nubcake to get members. They are *drooling* on the member benifits page and knowledge base. Omg pirates! Omg dragons! Omg a white cape! Omgzzzz!! Mommy can i be memebers plz? plz?

2480+ total

That doesn't really make sense to me because there's not a limit on how many members RS can have. Your forearm is only ye big, but RS is (potentially) unlimited.

Let's take it back to Biology class, shall we? The amount of cells on your forearm produce a huge enough number to justify the parallel.

s1L0U.jpg

Another thing you have to think about is the completely new players. They won't know the difference between unbalanced trading the wildy or staking or any of that. So there will always be new members coming in. Hope I made my point clear :? :)

Instead of super strength pots you would have spinach. :lol:

Reply to a thread about Disney Buying Runescape