Decent RTS games?

Futurama

I'm not a huge fan of these but I do love playing them when I have them, so can anyone recommend me some decent ones?

I'm looking for something really with no size limits on your army, and which is nice and violent really - whilst still being a good game, of course ;)

Total Annihilation is my favourite game ever, but i've played it through and campaigns soooo many times...

Any recommendations? I don't really mind what era etc it's set in.

logo.jpg

If you liked TA (which I did as well - loved it) and your PC can run it maybe have a look into Supreme Commander, its something special.

I do recommend this game too, but you must have a lot of time on your hands to play it. The strongest unit I can remember takes about 3 hours to build, so you probably will want extra things building it to make it fast, but to do that you need to set up resources in such a way that you can protect them and make them efficient....

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Starcraft

Really, they're all great. Not too expensive and they don't gobble up too much computer resources.

rhnw0.jpg

Click my signature to visit my blog: _The Endless Road To Advancement

Supreme Commander

Big and bold because this is the one you'll likely want. It has huge battles, is designed by the creator of TA, and is the spiritual successor to it. It's also got really good ratings and I've heard really good things from people who've played it. Personally I don't play many RTS games, but this is exactly what you seem to be looking for. Check it out on the website of your choice for some gameplay.

It's also at a reduced price now :thumbsup: .

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Battle For Middle-Earth 2, Star Wars Galaxies, but my personal favorite: WARCRAFT III!!!

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

Supreme Commander

Big and bold because this is the one you'll likely want. It has huge battles, is designed by the creator of TA, and is the spiritual successor to it. It's also got really good ratings and I've heard really good things from people who've played it. Personally I don't play many RTS games, but this is exactly what you seem to be looking for. Check it out on the website of your choice for some gameplay.

It's also at a reduced price now :thumbsup: .

You also need a monster of a computer if you want big battles that don't turn into slide shows.

Surprised that nobody shouted out Starcraft.

Sure, it's an old game, but the fact that it's nearly a decade old and millions still play it online is testimony to the sheer genius that went into creating it. If you want to play a game easy on your computer, and still have as much, if not more entertainment than the best of RTS's now, Starcraft is the way to go.

Warcraft III is newer than Starcraft, and is just as good as it. It has this emphasis on few-strong Hero units that i don't like, but it's a change from large scale armies that most RTS's use. In any case it's a game made by Blizzard, which means its great.

As for newer RTS's

- World In Conflict is notable, it has a stellar multiplayer.

- Company of Heroes is a great, realistic game. And it's a rare genre: a World War II RTS.

- Star Wars: Empire At War, for the Star Wars fan, other than having an interesting space battle scenes.

- Supreme Commander, apparently for its epic battles. I didn't think it was extremely innovative or stood out in any other way though.

- C&C: Tiberium Wars, if you want fast-paced action. The average game takes less than 15 minutes; frantic and exciting fighting is implied.

- Starcraft 2, the game I've waiting for. Sequel to the greatest RTS I've ever played, what more to say?

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Rise of nations, rise of legends are both good games. However, if you have the rig to run it, World in Conflict is a very good one. Supreme Commander would be good for you as (I think) it's made by the same guy that made Total Annihilation.

jjroxlu7.jpg

A friend has lent me Warhammer 40,000 and the addons, and i've managed to track down a copy of the original Total Annihilation, so i'm happy for the moment! :)

Cheers for your suggestions, i'll check them all out after xmas when I have some money ;)

logo.jpg