An Inconvenient Truth: High Alching Yew Longs Gone?

Gwasha

Like others probably said in this thread (if not) you could actually WORK to get NATURES and YEW LOGS...not trying to hint anything :P

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe things are that way because Jagex expects you to gather resourses YOURSELF, Not buy them.

Yes this may be absurd, but that's what it seems like.

I'm with you on this one! I didn't get my fletching up to 70+ just because it looks cool. (well, ok not the ONLY reason). With 75 fletching and 60 woodcutting, your only cost is the nature runes.

high alching yew longs is still my #1 moneymaker....with crafting blue hides a close second.

...now that I think about, I should get back to making greenhide sets, since jagex foo-barred up the wildy.

Learn to reason my friend.

Crafting the hides is NOT making you the money. Collecting the hides is.

Alching the longs is NOT making the money. Cutting your own yews is.

thank you

You know you can only buy like 100 yews longs at a time. Or something.... I tried buying a bunch but it didn't work and I only got 100.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Maybe things are that way because Jagex expects you to gather resourses YOURSELF, Not buy them.

Yes this may be absurd, but that's what it seems like.

I'm with you on this one! I didn't get my fletching up to 70+ just because it looks cool. (well, ok not the ONLY reason). With 75 fletching and 60 woodcutting, your only cost is the nature runes.

high alching yew longs is still my #1 moneymaker....with crafting blue hides a close second.

...now that I think about, I should get back to making greenhide sets, since jagex foo-barred up the wildy.

Learn to reason my friend.

Crafting the hides is NOT making you the money. Collecting the hides is.

Alching the longs is NOT making the money. Cutting your own yews is.

thank you

Well you obviously want to alch for the xp, along with making a profit instead of using all runes and not getting it back(if you're not killing monsters). But you do make sense :wink: .

:?: An Inconvenient Truth: High Alching Yew Longs Gone :?:

Most of us today are very aware about the upcoming update coming in January. Most of us will dread it. Most of is will rant. Most of us will be furious.

Really funny on how many people do not use the brain.

If you really plan to become 99 just using hi alch, why use yew bows? With the drop in prices many items have fallen to their hi alch prices.

Look at rune battleaxes, amulets, staffs.

I think after the limit takes in hand in game, I thinking Runecrafting is going to be the next Skill that many people will train. Why? Well, the Rune Companies will be destroyed meaning players that have a low Runecrafting level are going to be in abit of double, especially the double nature rune company. And also, people who are wanting 99 Magic may have to spend abit of time collecting nature runes, or even craft'em for themselves.

It'll be interesting to see if Jagex makes any expections.

:?: An Inconvenient Truth: High Alching Yew Longs Gone :?:

Most of us today are very aware about the upcoming update coming in January. Most of us will dread it. Most of is will rant. Most of us will be furious.

Really funny on how many people do not use the brain.

If you really plan to become 99 just using hi alch, why use yew bows? With the drop in prices many items have fallen to their hi alch prices.

Look at rune battleaxes, amulets, staffs.

Most of those items are hard to buy in bulk.

Have you ever seen anyone selling 30k battleaxes?

icecube7.jpeg

Wow

I can't believe this thread has gone this far.

But yes, seeing the controversy in this thread, (Yes, I read EVERYTHING), I could have wrote this much better.

One thing I can't stand is: "The GE's prices change! Jagex staff are going to change it to its rightful place."

Oh sure, why haven't they changed the price yet? Its been like that forever.

----------------------------------

I did find an alternative though to the high alching yew longs.

It will help the fletchers, and the high alchers (The high alchers will lose about the same amount of money.)

MAGIC LONGBOWS

Why?

The Magic Longbows high alch for 1580 each (Correct?) And the GE sells them for a little over 1400 each! (I'm selling mine for that price)

ITS PERFECT, they lose/gain almost the same amount of money!

I hope everyone reads this.

S2buxtG.png

Guys, guys. Our friendly Jagex has considered alternative alch items... but it turns out many of them can only be purchased 100 at a time. Does this mean the death of alching?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Guys, guys. Our friendly Jagex has considered alternative alch items... but it turns out many of them can only be purchased 100 at a time. Does this mean the death of alching?

WHAAAT? You can only buy in 100's? That would be outrageous. I thought this way a "free" game.

Why Jagex has put this 100 max sell/buy limit for certain items in the Exchange is a mystery for me. However, isnt't this the point where direct player trading is useful? We are talking now about Exchange item-values, so no problem with trade value limits.....

(btw, I'm selling gold amulets, based on todays average nat-price only 15 gp loss/alch :wink: )

h_y_j_a_c_k.png