The return of the Untrimmed Slayer cape?

ikraz66

When summoning comes out, there will be a new combat skill to use against slayer monsters. Does this mean that it will now be easier to get the coveted untrimmed slayer cape?

As far as I know, only 1 person has ever achieved an untrimmed slayer cape in the past.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

When summoning comes out, there will be a new combat skill to use against slayer monsters. Does this mean that it will now be easier to get the coveted untrimmed slayer cape?

As far as I know, only 1 person has ever achieved an untrimmed slayer cape in the past.

More that 1 have achieved it, just 1 person actually got publicity for it.

Yes, your point is correct. Discussion over?

It is no harder with summoning. Just ignore training summoning and train as if before.

It's been done recently and i had hoped that would end the "Untrimmed Slayer cape?!?!?" Topics, but alas.

The OP was saying that it would be easier to get the untrimmed cape because you could use summoning to kill monsters to get slayer xp, therefore avoiding getting attack/strength/defense/hp xp.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Proof that there's been more than one person?

OT: Yeah might be

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

imo the untrimmed slayer cape is not really a big deal...all you have to do is start training slayer from lvl 3, be pretty rich (use lots of cballs) and have plenty of time...just train on controlled mode continually and use mage/range everytime you are able to and it really should be no problem. i feel that ppl overestimate it and it merely grabs the attention of the ignorant.

when you get 99 slayer with all combat skills at lvl 1, that would be worth mentioning.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

imo the untrimmed slayer cape is not really a big deal...all you have to do is start training slayer from lvl 3, be pretty rich (use lots of cballs) and have plenty of time...just train on controlled mode continually and use mage/range everytime you are able to and it really should be no problem. i feel that ppl overestimate it and it merely grabs the attention of the ignorant.

when you get 99 slayer with all combat skills at lvl 1, that would be worth mentioning.

Well, getting 99 slayer with 1 combats just takes time, too. There's nothing in the game that is technically 'hard' to get (with the possible exception of the fire cape). It just takes time and grind, not skill. So by your logic, maxing your character would just take time to do as well. Is a maxed character overestimated, because it just takes time as well?...

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I like how you capitalized "Untrimmed" in the title. :P

It will definately be easier. Who knows, we might see a lot more untrimmed slayer capes in about a year or so. :wink:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Well, it actualy depends. Some of the creatures we are currently fighting, may become more aggressive. Jagex really does suprise us all of the time. It's never what we usually expect!

O'Ducky <3:

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

I believe there are a few players who have untrimmed slayer capes, but the only one I know about Is Called Slayerbelle.

I don't think you could keep your Summoned monsters out all the time, I don't think slayer will become easier, but who knows? Maybe it will.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

From the sounds of it no.

Summoning aids all skills therefore combat ones may all be high end, or useful combat ones anyway.

Summoning from what they have said drains like prayer, so it'd be a whole new cost of pot getting to use it.

Unless you can hide behind sumat and send your summon out I'd guess you have to be in combat at the same time as it whihc would mean your getting more xp pushed into assorted combat stats at any one time.

But equally it would mean theres another skill to split the xp with to try and avoid 13mil in any single one.

So overall I'd say this will have little impact on the ease of getting, but we have to wait and see how it works.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Slayerbelle is Villandra's pet slayer project and completed it recently. As for summoning helping people get untrimmed, it may do but really, until the skill is realeased we can't assume anything yet as i'm guessing JaGex will not allow monsters to be summoned while doing a slayer task.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I think Jagex mentioned slayer in one of the summoning dev diaries. I forget the context but it seemed like it could be used to train slayer. Of course we will find out in a few days either way...

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Guest Kickpointy

No, only one person ever has. Slayerbelle. Villandra made a special account just for it and got it. Then she made Villaninja and got 76 Combat with 85 Slayer. That is the lowest ever.....

If that guy is right, what is name for other untrimmed?

Only one person has gotten the untrimmed slayer cape. And that person is Slayerbelle. Seriously if you think that someone with the rarest cape/first person to get such a hard achieved cape wouldn't tell people about it? Then you're an idiot tbh. :boohoo:

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

Has anyone taken into account that summoning might contain HP exp from using it. If it dos that will make slayer even harder to get a untrimmed slayer cape in.

Im not sure if it has been said and also if jagex have stated that summoning will affect HP exp

well I think you do have a point. If monsters summoned don't give u combat exp for their hits, you can bring a recoil/vengeance and summon a good monster and kill them a lot more efficiently than with just a recoil and not egt any exp besides slayer for it... unless of course you don't get slayer exp for what your monster does, but it may be a valid point.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.