The Underrated Godsword

TheAncient

Zamorak Godsword is better than Bandos Godsword. Sound crazy? Then read this guide.

Basic Stats

Slash attack ----- + 132

Crush attack ---- + 80

Strength --------- + 132

Prayer bonus ---- + 8

Type: Two-handed sword.

Speed: Time to hit is 1.5 times the time for whip to hit; speed rating of 4 on KB

Special: Freezes opponent for 20 seconds as long as it does at least 1 damage.

Cost: 39-40M as of the new year.

Offense Powers

[hide=Halberd Tactic]

This tactic is unknown up to the release of this guide. Its advantage lies mainly in melee vs. melee battles. The tactic is:

ZGS special

Run away 1 space

Switch to halberd and attack

Switch back to ZGS

This allows for 20 seconds of damage using halberd, without being hit yourself. This tactic is arguably better than any special for melee battles.

Unfortunately, its use in PvP will be nullified as more people learn of this tactic, since they may choose to bring halberds as a counter.[/hide]

[hide=Farcasting Melee]

This tactic is unknown up to the release of this guide. Its advantage lies mainly in melee vs. melee battles. The tactic is:

ZGS special

Run away 2+ spaces

Attack your opponent

Repeat (you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to spec again)

Why is this advantageous?

Effectively it slows your opponentÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s attack down. This is especially useful for GS vs. Verac or GS vs. Whip fights, where the opponentÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s weapon is faster than the GS. Effectively a major weakness of the GS (its slow speed) is negated.

Sometimes opponents may not be fast enough to attack you as you are running in for an attack[/hide]

[hide=Multicombat PvP]

Many times it is hard to KO someone in Multicombat PvP, since they run. Provided the target switches to magic defense, it is hard to freeze them for a KO, and the battle instead becomes a comparison of run energy and agility. The ZGS special prevents running, and more easily allows for a KO.

Also, it is effective for people who use blocking techniques, such as running around rocks.[/hide]

[hide=CastleWars]

This advantage is obvious. The flagcatcher can hardly stop a melee ZGS special if he is using mage pray and is in Karil.[/hide]

Defense Powers

[hide=Protecting Yourself]

The ZGS special is useful in any cases where you would like to safespot but there are no places to hide. Just spec your opponent, run, eat, and come back to fight whenever you are ready.

It is also useful when you are trying to get away from a single opponent, such as the Saradomin Godwars Boss.

This property of the ZGS is not one of the more powerful ones. In most cases, save your special for DDS.[/hide]

[hide=Protecting Teammates]

Same idea as above.

Especially useful for the melee bodyguards in GWD.[/hide]

Comparisons

[hide=Advantages over BGS]

The Bandos special rarely hits well. In order to be noticeable, the special must hit above 40. This happens approximately 20-30% of the time.

The ZGS special is more consistent, since it works 100% of the time when it hits. The ZGS special has many uses as stated above.

In addition, BGS special takes 100% of the special bar.

Still, DDS special is better than either ZGS or BGS specials, especially in cases where the opponent has low defense.[/hide]

[hide=Advantages over Ice Barrage]

Many claim that the ZGS special is just a bad version of Ice Barrage. However, since the ZGS special is melee-based, it does not run into the problem of armor penalties (you cannot barrage in full Torags), and it circumvents magic defense (many people just switch to karil and magic pray when you prepare to barrage).[/hide]

I hope this guide changes your view on the Zamorak Godsword. I personally prefer ZGS over BGS.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

More information about the swords in general would be good and a better explanation of each would be nice, picture even better. Maybe this could be expanded to a general god swords guide. But overall very good.

This guide wasn't aimed for GS'es in general. I'm assuming the reader already has experience with GodSwords or is at least knowledgeable about them.

Pictures are nearly useless in this case, since the only thing requiring pictures are the tactics. But those are better off with a video, and no way am I embedding a vid into this guide.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I don't doubt that he knows the BGS can be good when team monster hunting, I think the purpose of this post is just to explain how ZGS is underrated.

In which after all of this information, I agree...

But, are you sure the ZGS swings 1.5x the whip? That doesn't seem realistic.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I don't doubt that he knows the BGS can be good when team monster hunting, I think the purpose of this post is just to explain how ZGS is underrated.

In which after all of this information, I agree...

But, are you sure the ZGS swings 1.5x the whip? That doesn't seem realistic.

It hits 2 times for every 3 whips. I phrased that awkwardly and changed it, thanks. :D

sigcopyaf.png

nice guide, but you forgot to emntion that godsword blade was tempered in teh tears of teh mystical race iceyne , and thus they are the only weapon capable of slaying a god. if only i had 75 attack.....

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Well, I respect the points made but I think it really comes down to how you play. I personally don't find the ZGS spec useful for much at all except in CW.

BTW, regarding the "tactic is unknown up to the release of this guide", sorry to tell you but people (including myself) have been using the ZGS+Hally trick since September.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

lol very nice guide.

When me, and my friend were Bandoing he had a Z godsword.

He was tank, he used the spec, allowing our team to get ready while he tanked.

It worked good.

If I had the choose, I'd just get the cheapest one, but I want sara XD

supportleeroy.jpg

Nice guide, though it is pretty obvous...

A few comments

1. Its actully NOT 20 seconds...Ice Barrage says the same, but if you actully time it, its around 10 seconds. Hally is pretty slow..

2. If your going to spec, run, then attack, run, its better to stand on your target's square. This way, they can't see it comming, and u waste less energy

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

nice guide, tho not many new things in it i think, also u say somewhere

The ZGS special is more consistent, since it works 100% of the time when it hits. The ZGS special has many uses as stated above.

the zgs spec doesnt work 100% of the time, it has a chance of failing

how much special engergy does the att cost?

nice guide. i wont one now :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Nice Guide although I still like the Zamorak GodSword better. You almost had cahnged my mind there for a second.

this is about hte zammy godsword :roll: :XD: :XD: :XD:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

like the points u bring up nice job :thumbsup:

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

Nice Guide although I still like the Zamorak GodSword better. You almost had cahnged my mind there for a second.

I assume you mean Bandos?

how much special engergy does the att cost?

nice guide. i wont one now :D

100% - and I hope you mean want

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.