PLZ LOCK

Jacks0n

Uhm, I don't see a real problem with it... Most of the time people either did a very minor offence, or were unjustly muted(happens rather often actually). Even if they did something wrong, I think they should just be able to trade items...

But then there's the muted ones that have done something really bad... Such as act as a Jagex staff member, swear towards mods for no reason... Just because they feel like it.

The way I see it is if someone is muted, they were muted for a reason whether it be foul language or whatever.

Just because they have cussed and have already been punished for doing it by not being able to talk in game does not mean they should be victims to unfair trades.

xxteargodxx.png

bad language clearly means you are a scammer?

theres tons of bad tempered people out there who are trusted with phats.

but anyway i thought of this to be a good thing about GE, muted people now can play the game alot easier and trade easier even if it was an offense they committed at lvl 10 combat and forgot about it and are now lvl 110.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Buying/selling stuff wasn't that hard when muted anyway.

I adopted the muted player's technique for selling in fally w2 when I actually went there.

It worked somewhat like this:

I put up whip

He puts up 1.2m

I want 1.3m, so I put up 1.3m cash next to the whip

Most players understand and change their offer or decline.

blizaga57.png

The way I see it is if someone is muted, they were muted for a reason whether it be foul language or whatever.

Just because they have cussed and have already been punished for doing it by not being able to talk in game does not mean they should be victims to unfair trades.

Don't you think the muted ones should have read the rules before using foul language or spamming the RSOF?

You obviously haven't been muted before. It is one of the most annoying things that can happen to you.

Not all mutes have broken rules; some get muted unfairly.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well, you may be wondering what the title of this thread means. Yes, Jagex has helped all the muted players with their trading. How is this? The Grand Exchange. That's right. If you really think about it, the muted ones used to have to go with the price of the other person they were trading with, example:

Player1:Selling 1k steel bars 650ea!

Muted:*Follows and used the "no" emoticon*

Payer1:Stop following me!

Muted:Eventualy gives in and buys for a ridiculous price.

But now, using the Grand Exchange, they get to buy items for the price THEY would like. Did Jagex really think about this? Why are they helping the rule-breakers? Do the muted people really deserve to be able to trade items for their own price even though they have broken rules and been punished for it? Tell me your opinion...

Nice! I could use your skull to play lullabies...(Don't ask why)

Some players are muted and banned from RSOF so they can't spam/offensive language, however, it's not mean as a restriction to trading.

If it was the purpouse, JaGex would implement some system so they can't trade anymore in their life.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

Most trades are done in highly populated world where you can't see what the other person is typing, so being muted only stops you from advertising a buy/selling price. There is rarely only 1 person selling anything, so just go to another person to trade. Also, you could always just refuse to accept the trade. I like to put up my own money to show a buyer what to pay if it's hard to calculate or if they're being a cheap nub. This won't matter anyways after this annoying new trade limit... And another thing, the GE is rubbish for selling most things in large numbers. the only exceptions that I can think of are astral runes and water filled/empty vials. I had 8k coal in the GE for a full week after it was introduced...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Muting is for the rest of us - so we don't have to read screens full of leetspeak foul language and qp graphics. It's not supposed to prevent the muted player from going about his quiet business.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Muting is a punishment related to using auto talkers, spamming or offensive language. So why does anything to do with trading relate to their rule break?

Also what planet are you on?

NO-ONE can buy for "whatever price they like" anymore

EVERYONE using GE has to buy/sell within the 5% limits of market value.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As several previous posts states, a mute is a mute of communication, not some tradeblock.

Plus, muted people could use forums like these and talk via IRC/IMs...or go into a crowded world where they don't need to talk.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Wow, you're acting like muted people are the scum of the earth and shouldn't be allowed to trade like everyone else? If they were that big of rule breakers, jagex would have banned them. Stop trying to find something to get worked up about, it's no big deal. I'm surprised you could even come up with that weird viewpoint.

I got unfairly muted when I was in w2 Varrock bank merching st00fs.. A mod went beserk and started muting anything that talked. 2 days later, I was automatically un-muted by the system, and today I saw his vid on YouTube.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SQULTGUTF8

^ If anyone's interested

And, being the funny man that I am, I posted "Wow, what a rebel! \m/" on it...

My point: Not all mutes are rule breakers

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

ok im perm mute, i like the update, but i have thought of it, and there helping others too, and ive learnt my lesson like most others, i report all the time now and take others places if they wanna go somewere, i got reported for stuff i did 1-2 years ago, i learnt my lesson, so im technically not a rule breaker anymore but a rule breaker reporter, not all of us are bad to most of us it happened in the past.........

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

I didn't read the replies, and I don't care. I read your post, And I know one thing.

Your an [wagon].

Some people are muted, so what. Some don't deserve it. Not being able to trade efficiently when muted is a nasty side effect in this game. So what, they were helped, they decide to play this game without being able to talk to friends, haggling prices, and being accused as an autoer for not talking. Let them have a way to trade, it doesn't hurt.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07