Treasure Trails making me want to smash my computer

ghost1618

I got a lvl 2 clue scroll, thought it was no big deal, then as I went on, I got more excited as this was the longest lvl 2 clue I had ever done. Six scrolls long, four of them co-ordinates clues, and all I got in the end was 600 coins, and an addy med helm. I mean, what gives? Im sitting here hoping for ranger boots, or addy g after all that work, and I get screwed over. Very unhappy about it. :evil:

ghost1618.png

ghost1618.png

I got a lvl 2 clue scroll, thought it was no big deal, then as I went on, I got more excited as this was the longest lvl 2 clue I had ever done. Six scrolls long, four of them co-ordinates clues, and all I got in the end was 600 coins, and an addy med helm. I mean, what gives? Im sitting here hoping for ranger boots, or addy g after all that work, and I get screwed over. Very unhappy about it. :evil:

Thats nothing. Imagine a lv3 with 2 puzzle boxes and getting a rune plate.

well for starters ranger boots ae lv3 clues. and i understand how you feel. EVERY clue but 1 (it was only a zammy page) hae been nothing but utter garbage. comon jagex increase the luck a tad bit eh'?

Popoto.~<3

well for starters ranger boots ae lv3 clues. and i understand how you feel. EVERY clue but 1 (it was only a zammy page) hae been nothing but utter garbage. comon jagex increase the luck a tad bit eh'?

Ranger boots are level 2.

Robin's are 3.

supportleeroy.jpg

...So, why'd you get your hopes up over luck-of-the-draw? If it happens that's more power to you; if it didn't, that shouldn't make you want to destroy your computer...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

One time my friend got stuck in a loop, where he goes to the goblins, gets a puzzle, goes to draynor, gets a puzzle and that happened 3 times, till he got a rune dagger and some runes.

So 6 puzzles for that. joy

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

So far no joy even on level 3's; but at least I have all the rune woodaxes I'd ever need now. Seriously, I've gotten better stuff consistently from the dragonstone chest in Taverly.

Also, what's up with the crystal key halves? I've got 12 tooth halves in a row as drops and no loops.

And finally, do we have hard proof that the Ring of Wealth is worth the opportunity cost of using up the ring slot? After two years scaping along I am beginning to believe it's just a load of hooey.

xlorp.png

It dosnt matter how long it takes, how many times you died along the way or how much you spent on pots and runes. The reward is always completely random.

You could do a 6 clue long level 3 and get 10 purple sweets at the end or do a 2 clue long level 2 and get ranger boots.... its completely random

It's a trade-off. If they increased the drop rate of the more rare items, they would not be as rare, and therefore would not be as sought after or have the high price that they currently have.

Myself, I have terrible luck with clues, but do them just for the common high alch material and occasional god page.

lalalasig2.png

That isn't bad at all. I got a level 3 with 2 Double Agents and 2 Wilderness co-ords. I got a bad reward too.

Point is, clues are random. You arent going to get the item you want every 6 scroll clue. The rewards are completely random.

10 noted trout off a level 1. To be honest, i didn't expect a fat lot more but come on!

I've done hundreds of lvl2 clues (i hunt harpies for fun) and after a year i managed to fill all three god books (trading pages i got for ones i needed) but apart from that i've never had anything decent.

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png