Summoning has brought me more pain than joy...

Sprout_teh_druid

Hi. I'm Sprout. You might remember me as the guy who got lucky enough to post the message on the mugs in the dev diarys first.

I have a problem.

One of my best friends has gotten so worked up into finding summoning hints, he has managed to completely remove me from his clanchat, just because I wasn't interested in looking for things. He's effectivly destroying our long friendship because of this... the reason I enjoyed the release of construction so much was because it was a surprise- same with hunter- it was released in the same month it was announced. But because he has found some of the little 'clues' that have been scattered around, he's convinced himself that there are tons of summoning beasts hidden in the game- usually with ridiculous requirements that he just HAPPENS to not have...

This is caused by another friend of his, who, intentionally or not, is misleading my friend into beliving this stuff- this 'friend' also decided to start a vote trying to remove me from the clanchat- which before this whole charade was just a place for me, and a little circle of friends that we had to talk in.

He decided to call a 'vote' to remove me from the clanchat.

Interestingly, everyone I had previously spent time with in my circle of friends voted for me.

Even more interestingly, I found that in addition to my friend, a bunch of people who never even met me before were voting against me.

The problem isn't that i'm angry for being banned from the clanchat- I'm upset that my friend is being misled by this person into wasting his time looking for false clues. While the summoning hints were nice, personally, I would have enjoyed it so much more if they had surprised us like construction, or just told us in the BTS like hunter.

(if this is in the wrong fourm, please move it)

Does anyone else have regrets about being told? Personally, in addition to this, it's also agonizing knowing about something- because you have to wait. Discuss?

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

No offense, but your friend seems to have a real problem. It's not Summoning that's to blame.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

It seems as though the blame is more properly placed on your friend. Better to have an update that is causing much hype or hate than a friend who is not really as true as you thought they were :?.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

No offense, but your friend seems to have a real problem. It's not Summoning that's to blame.

Well, that would make sense... in fact, as far as I remember, nearly every time we have an update, we each have different views on it- he loved the December 10th update because there are no pkers to kill him- he claims that merchanting is illegal because he never bothered to try it, ect...

The other problem is that outside of RS, (we play other online MMOs together) we are incredibly similar- he's a great friend that I don't want to lose, but playing RuneScape has just caused too many problems for us.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

In my opinion, one of the main reasons they released it so early was to balance it out with the fact that they were going to stop any unfair trades. Basically this kept more people in game so jagex released it a little earlier.

Summoning really hasn't been too much of a pain other than that period where I kept wondering whether summoning would be f2p (Jagex mods say it will).

Wow, I would hate to have a friend like that. #-o

How old is your friend :roll:

Probobly a young teenager. We both started before the 13 age rule was in, but no, neither of us are the most mature of people..

RBqi.gif

Wow, sorry that happened...

They probably would have made it a surprise, but since the December updates got such a bad response from everyone, they had to give players something to look forward to. After summoning comes out, wait abit, and then try to talk to your "friends" again. Maybe they'll be finally over it by then. Or they'll be completely obsesed with training it....

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Agreed.

I understand his "hype" about the Summoning skill, but he is acting like he is trying to solve the Da Vinci Code or something :shock:

The Summoning skill is nothing close to that, this is not even close to a Myst puzzle...

Click here to help me level!

108486.gif

Thanks for the help!

Wow, sorry that happened...

They probably would have made it a surprise, but since the December updates got such a bad response from everyone, they had to give players something to look forward to. After summoning comes out, wait abit, and then try to talk to your "friends" again. Maybe they'll be finally over it by then. Or they'll be completely obsesed with training it....

Probobly the latter. He wants to be 99 summoning first, apparently, so I wouldn't be surprised. Though it's more likely he'll get burned out at level 50, so who knows?

RBqi.gif

Wow hearing this makes me feel lucky I don't have many friends on RS. I had some good friends, but when I took a break for about a month in September, I've never seen then online. So I have never known if they quit or removed me. So better no friends than bad friends.

The Ultimate Green Dragon Guide

Don't hate me, just let me ride.

Lord, just give me life.

Perhaps after summoning has come out, he'll see what clues were fake, which ones were real, how hard the competition for level 99 in a new skill is, etc...

Only then will you have a chance of having a reasonable conversation with him. Who knows? He might realize that you were right, calm down about the hype, and then apologize to you.

At the moment, keep your distance, because it seems as if he's only listening to the things he wants to hear right now.

blackmageid8.png

Wow, just talk to your friend and maybe he will be fine when Summoning has been released. I have suffered the loss of many friends also as all my friends have been on my list since one or more years, some of my good friends have quit RuneScape I think and that saddens me, but this is about you not me.

642660303seraphiol.jpg

Sounds like they aren't worth bothering with.

My advice?

Screw them and get better friends.

My thoughts exactly. If those are friends I'd hate to see your enemies :P

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

My advice?

My thoughts exactly. If those are friends I'd hate to see your enemies :P

The sad thing is, I don't think I have any...

RBqi.gif

Its not summoning thats the problem its them

check out this copy paisted spam letter i found on myspace

All the ones that CAN fit for rs:

FAKE FRiENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.

REAl FRiENDS: keep your stuff so long they forget its yours.

FAKE FRiENDS: Will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing.

REAl FRiENDS: Will kick the whole crowds [wagon] that left you.

FAKE FRiENDS: Are for awhile.

REAl FRiENDS: Are for life.

Ring_World.gif

Have you tried discussing this with him over private messages? :\

Unless he's deleted you off that too..

And BTW Sean, that's more in the 'rl friends' section.

These people are probably just friends on rs >.>

wongtongxg4.gif

F2P | 59/70 smith | 13/15 skills 70+ | 70 smith banked.

loinclothec5.gif

Have you tried discussing this with him over private messages? :\

Unless he's deleted you off that too..

And BTW Sean, that's more in the 'rl friends' section.

These people are probably just friends on rs >.>

soo true but at least one of those would probably fit with rs...

Ring_World.gif

Sounds like your friend is addicted or something, Just move on and add me in game 1 800 rang3r. Ima good friend :)

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Its not summoning thats the problem its them

check out this copy paisted spam letter i found on myspace

All the ones that CAN fit for rs:

FAKE FRiENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.

REAl FRiENDS: keep your stuff so long they forget its yours.

FAKE FRiENDS: Will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing.

REAl FRiENDS: Will kick the whole crowds [wagon] that left you.

FAKE FRiENDS: Are for awhile.

REAl FRiENDS: Are for life.

The first one is messed up lol.

OT: join the Lightning channel lol. More mature people on it (like ME =])

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

Blaming summoning for this is like blaming alcohol for causing relationship issues. Wait......I think I did that wrong.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

My advice?

What I would say too. I hope he realise he has wasted 90% of his time at the release of summoning.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.