Runescape Popularity

NJE03

I was browsing a game site I regularly go to today: 1up

I was suprised to see that Runescape was suddenly one of the most popular on the site which I thought was interesting (based on 1up traffic) . In the past it was ranked very low on this particular site.

Just curious what you all think might have sparked this sudden interest.

Pop.jpg

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

whats so good about crysis ? if i want realistic i go outside lol

It's an excuse to buy an nVidia geforce 8800GT and overclock it.

Cool that RS is at number 6 tho.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I'd buy it anyway.. I'm a sucker for high end graphic cards and nvidia geforce series has a special place in my heart... id buy the 8800 gt and still only play RS lol

Sexy beach 3, i lol'ed.

Hmm maybe since all the autoers and RWT'ers are now gone maybe runescape is more appealing than other games that do have them?

I lol'd when Xfire started supporting Playboy: the Mansion :XD:

Never saw anyone play it.

On topic: Take that, warcrack nerds! ::'

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

I'd buy it anyway.. I'm a sucker for high end graphic cards and nvidia geforce series has a special place in my heart... id buy the 8800 gt and still only play RS lol

Lol... The graphic card that came with my computer is not a gaming card and can handle that game :D. Only need 384 mb of ram from my ram bars though.

Back on topic, RuneScape Rulez!!!

Lol... The graphic card that came with my computer is not a gaming card and can handle that game :D. Only need 384 mb of ram from my ram bars though.

eww.. i wouldnt touch built-in graphic cards with a 10ft pole :x

Crysis? I doubt that..

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

You might be able to play Crysis on whatever card you have with all the settings at their lowest...but not much more then that.

Currently theres nothing that can truely run Crysis as it was intendedwith Max settings and AA turned up....even triSLI 8800 Ultras (costing about 2100 bucks) can barely play Crysis with everything turned up.

Anyways, I'm surprised to see Crysis at the top of that list as everyone I know thats played it got bored with it pretty quick. I thought the general thought was that it was better used to benchmark graphics card then actually play lol. Graphically its amazing, but I hear it gets boring quick.

Kind of weird seeing RS on that list though....completely different catagory of game form the others.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

Screw this game, I'm gonna go play Sexy Beach 3 :D

If it has multiplayer...I'll join you lol

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

You might be able to play Crysis on whatever card you have with all the settings at their lowest...but not much more then that.

Currently theres nothing that can truely run Crysis as it was intendedwith Max settings and AA turned up....even triSLI 8800 Ultras (costing about 2100 bucks) can barely play Crysis with everything turned up.

Anyways, I'm surprised to see Crysis at the top of that list as everyone I know thats played it got bored with it pretty quick. I thought the general thought was that it was better used to benchmark graphics card then actually play lol. Graphically its amazing, but I hear it gets boring quick.

Kind of weird seeing RS on that list though....completely different catagory of game form the others.

Well, look in there (this is for recommended):

[hide]wowrm7.png[/hide]

As I said, you could probably play the game...especially as you have a decently specced comp aside from the video card. (not that I can say much there as my daily comp that I'm on now uses integrated graphics and an old P4 processor OCed to 3.4 Ghz, which doesnt compare to a dual core)

Anyways, my point before was just that no computer right now can truly run Crysis as it was intended. Sure you can play it at lower settings, but the makers of the game put the time and effort into the modeling so that when played at high settings, it looks almost lifelike.

Unfortunately for the makers, the game is ahead of it's time and noone can really play it maxed out. By the time graphics cards come out that can handle it (the 9800 GTXx2 comming out looks like it will end up being a flop)...the game is going to be past history.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=49 ... ert&pid=12

That site gives a review of crysisat max settings with tri SLI 8800 ultras. They still only averaged 20 FPS at only 1280x1024 resolution(which is pretty low)....which most people say 20FPS is almost unplayable (especially when it dips down into those low points of only 10 FPS).

Anyways, personally, I have never been a big fan of gaming graphics. Heck, when I manage to log into RS on occassion, I still play on low detail mode because I dont like the added detail. I loved the simplistic style of RSC. So for me if I ever played crysis myself I would probably play at lowest settings anyways lol.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

As I said, you could probably play the game...especially as you have a decently specced comp aside from the video card. (not that I can say much there as my daily comp that I'm on now uses integrated graphics and an old P4 processor OCed to 3.4 Ghz, which doesnt compare to a dual core)

Anyways, my point before was just that no computer right now can truly run Crysis as it was intended. Sure you can play it at lower settings, but the makers of the game put the time and effort into the modeling so that when played at high settings, it looks almost lifelike.

Unfortunately for the makers, the game is ahead of it's time and noone can really play it maxed out. By the time graphics cards come out that can handle it (the 9800 GTXx2 comming out looks like it will end up being a flop)...the game is going to be past history.

That site gives a review of crysisat max settings with tri SLI 8800 ultras. They still only averaged 20 FPS at only 1280x1024 resolution(which is pretty low)....which most people say 20FPS is almost unplayable (especially when it dips down into those low points of only 10 FPS).

Anyways, personally, I have never been a big fan of gaming graphics. Heck, when I manage to log into RS on occassion, I still play on low detail mode because I dont like the added detail. I loved the simplistic style of RSC. So for me if I ever played crysis myself I would probably play at lowest settings anyways lol.

The lowest settings on Crysis are still the best graphics I've seen in my life (I haven't seen too many games... but still, they're pretty great.)

But yeah, it's so ridiculous how much stuff you need just to play it at all, even on the lowest setting.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

The lowest settings on Crysis are still the best graphics I've seen in my life (I haven't seen too many games... but still, they're pretty great.)

But yeah, it's so ridiculous how much stuff you need just to play it at all, even on the lowest setting.

I think you should look at this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=muwkJveWOCY

The graphics are amazing, but this is freaking hilarious. It's moments like this that ruin a previously thought "perfect graphics" game