Jagex, what are you doing with pking?

totalpwnage

I believe this is why they are releasing a 1vs1 PvP mini-game. Reading the updates might help. :roll:

If you really can't wait, do soemthing else. Whining will not speed up Jagex with their updates. They may actually revel in it. :XD:

purepure my garlic and frying pan still want to meet you, yum

cool_sig1.jpg

Priorities.

The #1 priority of BH is to prevent gold trading unfortunately, not pking. While Jagex does want people to have fun pking, some pking may need to be sacrificed in order to satisfy priority #1.

The same goes with Clan Wars - it was created only as a solution to the gold selling problem, not as an answer to the long requested clan support.

Amazing. Sense!

Looks to me like Jagex needs to get their priorities straight.

Priorities.

The #1 priority of BH is to prevent gold trading unfortunately, not pking. While Jagex does want people to have fun pking, some pking may need to be sacrificed in order to satisfy priority #1.

The same goes with Clan Wars - it was created only as a solution to the gold selling problem, not as an answer to the long requested clan support.

So why were the updates sold to us as "exciting" and "fun"? Look at the description of the Revenants in the BTS December... Did they deliver? Consider, also, that Jagex said NOTHING about the changes that would affect the Wilderness... If these were only a solution to RWT, then why didn't they come out and say it?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Priorities.

So why were the updates sold to us as "exciting" and "fun"? Look at the description of the Revenants in the BTS December... Did they deliver? Consider, also, that Jagex said NOTHING about the changes that would affect the Wilderness... If these were only a solution to RWT, then why didn't they come out and say it?

Because they knew the edge "pkers" would throw a fit, why start the whine fest 2 weeks before they need to?

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Priorities.

Because they knew the edge "pkers" would throw a fit, why start the whine fest 2 weeks before they need to?

Why lie and/or distort the truth to loyal long term fans and veterans?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Priorities.

I wouldn't have, but I guess it was the idea that it gave them 2 more weeks of peace before the tripe hit the fan. We all know how Jagex thinks....

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

They needed bounty hunter to be in constant crowded worlds to stop rwt'ers from rwting with their method of dieing for the buyer and protecting him til he gets the loot.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I believe this is why they are releasing a 1vs1 PvP mini-game. Reading the updates might help. :roll:

And how specific were they when they said when it will be released? :\

The level ranges are way too wide. Lowering the level ranges would probably help.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Priorities.

Destroying PKing also destroys the end product skills which are used to make PKing supplies (includes e.g. cooking and herblore).

Andrew: I have finally destroyed the world!

Paul: Well done, Andrew, what are you going to do now?

Andrew: I'm going to Disney world...

And then Im going to destroy it.

That sums up my feelings. But darn I can't stop laughing at 2 bh worlds, solo pking is dead. Might aswel go staking now #-o

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Priorities.

Destroying PKing also destroys the end product skills which are used to make PKing supplies (includes e.g. cooking and herblore).

Thats not quite truse since a lot of people would still use food and potions for monster hunting.

Arowofdoom.gif

Arowofdoom.png

If RWT had never entered RS, Jagex would not have bothered to make a BH or Clan Wars (maybe clan wars, but it would have been more sophisticated than the simple one of now). The only reason some BH servers were removed was to stop RWT even more, this move certainly wasn't done to help PKing?

Jagex advertised these updates as good to make them seem less bad than what they really are.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

If RWT had never entered RS, Jagex would not have bothered to make a BH or Clan Wars (maybe clan wars, but it would have been more sophisticated than the simple one of now). The only reason some BH servers were removed was to stop RWT even more, this move certainly wasn't done to help PKing?

Jagex advertised these updates as good to make them seem less bad than what they really are.

The thing is, the way BH works, a game won't start unless there's 10 people on the world. I can't imagine the goldsellers would log in 9 different accounts to trade one person with gold. and if it were 1 gold-buyer, 1 gold-seller and 8 normal players.. with that few people, the chances are one of the 8 regular BH players are going to have the seller/buyer as their target and kill them.

I think they reduced the worlds in the hope that people would be guaranteed to find a fight, instead of hopping through 5 empty worlds beforehand. They did the same thing with Duel tourneys, but, much like the rest of Bounty hunter, they've shown a real lack of understanding of how PKing works. Of course, if you force every BH player into 2 giant multicombat area's they're going to join up into huge teams. This is the fundemental flaw in the whole minigame.. the aim of the game is for 1 person to kill another, yet it's in a multi-combat area. It doesn't seem like Jagex have learnt their mistake yet.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

[hide=Large string of quotes]

Priorities.

[/hide]

Sorry, but what were they supposed to say? I'll compare what they wrote, to what they were thinking at the time, and you tell me what would have a better reaction.

Kicking things off this month will be Bounty Hunter. This dangerous minigame will take place in a dormant volcano, with three separate arenas for different Combat levels. Each of them will put you in the role of a Bounty Hunter with a simple task: to kill one randomly-assigned player in the same arena.

So, where is the danger in that, we hear you ask? Well, there will be others in the Bounty Hunter area who also have a simple task: to kill you! Will you have what it takes to reach your target and gain their loot before your nemeses find you?

KIcking things off will be the removal of pking as you know it. We will be repacing it with another minigame; Bounty Hunter! This is like the old pking only in the sense that you kill another player! And guess what? You only kill the player you're assigned to kill!

Where is the danger in that you ask? Well there will be others in Bounty Hunter who are assigned to kill you too! And you know what else? There will also be huge clans that kill who ever they want, and make it miserable for everybody else! Will you realise how horrible this is before you die?

Hmm, which one would you pick so far?

Not far from the Bounty Hunter volcano will lie our other new minigame. Prepare for Clan Wars!

Here, a clan will be able to war with another clan in a large arena, without the worry of interruptions. Organise matches through your Clan Chat system and prepare to face-off in huge all-out battles that only end when one team has wiped out the other! View the battle from your opponents' prison if you die, and hope that your clan can win the battle without you...

With no limits to the number of clan wars running simultaneously, there will always be an opportunity for a scrap in this exciting multiplayer minigame.

Seeing as we have slaughtered bounty hunter, and made it impossible for clans to have a decent war, this would be the perfect opportunity to realease this long awaited update. Clan Wars! Not only is this update rushed and full of bugs, but it is also very easy to hide for the entire game so the other team can't kill you!

How would you like the BTS for December now?

On the tails of these two updates will come an addition to the Wilderness. The spirits of creatures slain during the God Wars are returning to haunt the living, attacking anyone bold enough to stray near. Will you be able to hold back a spectral dark beast? Wander into the Wilderness later this month to find out.

You may now be wondering what will make this ugly empty dump formerly known as "The Wilderness" dangerous now? We we will be releasing new "super powerful" monsters everybody has been asking for. These monsters will be able to teleblock you, freeze you, and will travel around in packs! Best of all, they have no drops!

Fun, huh?

If you die while holding any items, you will reveal the fourth of our updates this month. A gravestone will temporarily appear on the spot where you perished, which can be read and admired by passers-by. It will even be possible to purchase increasingly impressive gravestones, all the way up to the ominous 'Angel of Death'.

An update later this month will make picking up other people's itmes after they die impossible, so we will be adding another great update. Gravestones!! These will help you reclaim items after you die, so you still have a chance of keeping that whip you die with!

Nice, right?

On a more serious note, many of you will be aware of our efforts to stop real-world trading and how some of our recent updates have been part of that. You may have questions about it: What does it mean? How does it affect the game? How big a problem is it? What are the ways of dealing with it? To answer these questions and more, we'll be releasing a very important Development Diary on the subject."

Some of you may have realised what we are planning on doing, seeing as all of our updates involve the exchange of items between people. Forget that last sentence and this one if you havn't. We will be releaseing a Development Diary explaining why we will be implementing some of the upcomming "changes"

I bet that would make everybody happy.

All that is left to say, from us here at Jagex HQ, is have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. It's been a fantastic 2007, and with Summoning just weeks away, it is going to be an even more awesome 2008.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 2007 has been great, and even though the reast of the year will seriously suck, 2008 will be better.

'Nuff said.

Andrew: I have finally destroyed the world!

Paul: Well done, Andrew, what are you going to do now?

Andrew: I'm going to Disney world...

And then Im going to destroy it.

That sums up my feelings. But darn I can't stop laughing at 2 bh worlds, solo pking is dead. Might aswel go staking now #-o

Zork and Pals? :XD:

As promised in last week's newspost, here are some of the initial ideas we have to further improve the player interaction in the game.

1. Expect the first new single-way player-vs-player combat area to hit the game in the first half of next year, along with a number of other PvP updates in the future.

well thats it :D

asasasasaslx7.png

[hide=Large string of quotes]
Priorities.

The #1 priority of BH is to prevent gold trading unfortunately' date=' not pking. While Jagex does want people to have fun pking, some pking may need to be sacrificed in order to satisfy priority #1.

The same goes with Clan Wars - it was created [u']only[/u] as a solution to the gold selling problem, not as an answer to the long requested clan support.

[/hide]

Sorry, but what were they supposed to say? I'll compare what they wrote, to what they were thinking at the time, and you tell me what would have a better reaction.

Kicking things off this month will be Bounty Hunter. This dangerous minigame will take place in a dormant volcano, with three separate arenas for different Combat levels. Each of them will put you in the role of a Bounty Hunter with a simple task: to kill one randomly-assigned player in the same arena.

So, where is the danger in that, we hear you ask? Well, there will be others in the Bounty Hunter area who also have a simple task: to kill you! Will you have what it takes to reach your target and gain their loot before your nemeses find you?

KIcking things off will be the removal of pking as you know it. We will be repacing it with another minigame; Bounty Hunter! This is like the old pking only in the sense that you kill another player! And guess what? You only kill the player you're assigned to kill!

Where is the danger in that you ask? Well there will be others in Bounty Hunter who are assigned to kill you too! And you know what else? There will also be huge clans that kill who ever they want, and make it miserable for everybody else! Will you realise how horrible this is before you die?

Hmm, which one would you pick so far?

Not far from the Bounty Hunter volcano will lie our other new minigame. Prepare for Clan Wars!

Here, a clan will be able to war with another clan in a large arena, without the worry of interruptions. Organise matches through your Clan Chat system and prepare to face-off in huge all-out battles that only end when one team has wiped out the other! View the battle from your opponents' prison if you die, and hope that your clan can win the battle without you...

With no limits to the number of clan wars running simultaneously, there will always be an opportunity for a scrap in this exciting multiplayer minigame.

Seeing as we have slaughtered bounty hunter, and made it impossible for clans to have a decent war, this would be the perfect opportunity to realease this long awaited update. Clan Wars! Not only is this update rushed and full of bugs, but it is also very easy to hide for the entire game so the other team can't kill you!

How would you like the BTS for December now?

On the tails of these two updates will come an addition to the Wilderness. The spirits of creatures slain during the God Wars are returning to haunt the living, attacking anyone bold enough to stray near. Will you be able to hold back a spectral dark beast? Wander into the Wilderness later this month to find out.

You may now be wondering what will make this ugly empty dump formerly known as "The Wilderness" dangerous now? We we will be releasing new "super powerful" monsters everybody has been asking for. These monsters will be able to teleblock you, freeze you, and will travel around in packs! Best of all, they have no drops!

Fun, huh?

If you die while holding any items, you will reveal the fourth of our updates this month. A gravestone will temporarily appear on the spot where you perished, which can be read and admired by passers-by. It will even be possible to purchase increasingly impressive gravestones, all the way up to the ominous 'Angel of Death'.

An update later this month will make picking up other people's itmes after they die impossible, so we will be adding another great update. Gravestones!! These will help you reclaim items after you die, so you still have a chance of keeping that whip you die with!

Nice, right?

On a more serious note, many of you will be aware of our efforts to stop real-world trading and how some of our recent updates have been part of that. You may have questions about it: What does it mean? How does it affect the game? How big a problem is it? What are the ways of dealing with it? To answer these questions and more, we'll be releasing a very important Development Diary on the subject."

Some of you may have realised what we are planning on doing, seeing as all of our updates involve the exchange of items between people. Forget that last sentence and this one if you havn't. We will be releaseing a Development Diary explaining why we will be implementing some of the upcomming "changes"

I bet that would make everybody happy.

All that is left to say, from us here at Jagex HQ, is have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. It's been a fantastic 2007, and with Summoning just weeks away, it is going to be an even more awesome 2008.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 2007 has been great, and even though the reast of the year will seriously suck, 2008 will be better.

'Nuff said.

Bwhahahaha! I LOVE it because it is true! Such Joy I feel!

The whole nature of their update was to cut down on traders getting their goods off in the Wilderness.

A loophole was that one could trade their goods on a less-crowded server.

The less servers there are, the tighter the loophole gets, which makes it very difficult to exploit the theoretical loophole that existed.

So legitimate players have to suffer? If this keeps up, the one on one Bounty Hunter won't have any PKers to be enjoyed by...

You'd think you would've learned this by now.