Jagex, what are you doing with pking?

totalpwnage

As if pking wasn't "ruined" enough already, now its almost IMPOSSIBLE to solo BH without dying. I got 350+ kills solo BH'ing, but this is why it's pretty much done.

6z6jonn.png

They removed bounty hunter worlds before because no one used them and there were just way too many. Five was a great number, but in my opinion they actually needed a couple more. Now, there are only 2 BH servers, and both of them have massive clans in them. It's very likely now that clans will be in both the servers 24/7, meaning that if you use the Target Locate spell, 98% of the time you will hit a clan. Joining them seems to be the only way to survive.

Why are they doing this? Do they want people not to BH so that they will train summoning? I don't think its going to help if they are, but it seems like a likely possibility. Discuss.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

They had limited servers in the first place to limit the opportunities for RWTers to work. They narrowed it down because a few worlds would be sparsely populated, especially at BH, at certain hours which lowered the risk of RWTers getting killed by the wrong person.

Now they're down to two and that is too few in my opinion. Maybe 3 or 4.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Well aren't they releasing a new mini game for 1v1?

yes i remember something about jagex saying they were thinking of a 1v1 bounty hunter type thing because of all the complaints on the RSOF

They also said mid 2008, so they are not in a hurry to push it out. 2 is too few world for anyone to solo bounty hunt, in fact soloing in BH is nigh on impossible in these 2 worlds.

They also said mid 2008, so they are not in a hurry to push it out. 2 is too few world for anyone to solo bounty hunt, in fact soloing in BH is nigh on impossible in these 2 worlds.

It's not that they're not in a rush. It takes a long time to develop, test, and debug a new minigame, especially one this high-risk. And since I don't think they were planning on releasing one, it looks like they're starting from scratch. So that mid 2008 date might actually be as fast as they can get it out.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

To finally shoot the last gold sellers/"drop traders" in the head (It was still possible to trade in BH, risky but possible) now it's impossible, the only way for people to make money off runescape is sell accounts, or train accounts...and Jagex is probley smart enough to see an IP in the US for the life of the account then see a IP from china, while power leveling at increadable speeds...

Now that jagex has gotten rid of all the bad things in runescape it can only get better, to bad some of the great things had to go down with it.

2 bounty hunter worlds??? this is not true. i just looked at the themed worlds and there is 8 bounty hunter worlds. 2 are members and 6 are non members. If u dont like being pked by clans then try f2p bounty hunting.

:shame:

f2p ??? more teaming than ever

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

2 bounty hunter worlds??? this is not true. i just looked at the themed worlds and there is 8 bounty hunter worlds. 2 are members and 6 are non members. If u dont like being pked by clans then try f2p bounty hunting.

I've found f2p has always had more group pkers than p2p, usually a few friends who create accounts with similar names (IE: Pk Ranger and Pk Rang3r teaming at varrok wilderness....Killing my skiller...not that I'm referring to a real life player or anything :-w .)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It's not that they're not in a rush. It takes a long time to develop, test, and debug a new minigame, especially one this high-risk. And since I don't think they were planning on releasing one, it looks like they're starting from scratch. So that mid 2008 date might actually be as fast as they can get it out.

So... Jagex really didn't have the December 10 updates well planned out, savvy?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

The whole nature of their update was to cut down on traders getting their goods off in the Wilderness.

A loophole was that one could trade their goods on a less-crowded server.

The less servers there are, the tighter the loophole gets, which makes it very difficult to exploit the theoretical loophole that existed.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The whole nature of their update was to cut down on traders getting their goods off in the Wilderness.

The less servers there are, the tighter the loophole gets, which makes it very difficult to exploit the theoretical loophole that existed.

Have to quote you again, my friend.

Quality. End of story.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

So legitimate players have to suffer? If this keeps up, the one on one Bounty Hunter won't have any PKers to be enjoyed by...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Thats just stupid, you are an idiot of you think otherwise.

Does Jagex not know how bad it is in there?

Oh, I'm sure they know. But it isn't like they can just drop projects they've been working on to quickly fix this. Don't forget, there's a lot more here being rectified than your pastime.

My guess is that 3 to 6 months for it to be released after being announced by Jagex is quick timing.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Thats just stupid, you are an idiot of you think otherwise.

Does Jagex not know how bad it is in there?

Oh, I'm sure they know. But it isn't like they can just drop projects they've been working on to quickly fix this. Don't forget, there's a lot more here being rectified than your pastime.

My guess is that 3 to 6 months for it to be released after being announced by Jagex is quick timing.

well, lets take for example, summoning and barrows was announced in 2004 and barrows came 2005? summoning 2008

if they really do come out with it before May, i would call them seriously devoted to customer opinion. provided the quality is acceptable.

Priorities.

The #1 priority of BH is to prevent gold trading unfortunately, not pking. While Jagex does want people to have fun pking, some pking may need to be sacrificed in order to satisfy priority #1.

The same goes with Clan Wars - it was created only as a solution to the gold selling problem, not as an answer to the long requested clan support.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

yes i remember something about jagex saying they were thinking of a 1v1 bounty hunter type thing because of all the complaints on the RSOF

They also said 'player owned houses for all' in 2001...

Also i don't trust themn to deliver a reasonable 1v1 system, because they won't want people RWITing on it; so its unlikely that you gain enemy items. They will have a big catch to whatever they will do to replace PKing; just look at BH for the evidence. :ohnoes: :uhh: ::'<.<

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Priorities.

The #1 priority of BH is to prevent gold trading unfortunately, not pking. While Jagex does want people to have fun pking, some pking may need to be sacrificed in order to satisfy priority #1.

The same goes with Clan Wars - it was created only as a solution to the gold selling problem, not as an answer to the long requested clan support.

Amazing. Sense!

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I believe this is why they are releasing a 1vs1 PvP mini-game. Reading the updates might help. :roll:

If you really can't wait, do soemthing else. Whining will not speed up Jagex with their updates. They may actually revel in it. :XD:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png