You want MY opinion?

Ts_Stormrage

Also: Wolpertinger is a real mythical creature

Erm? :?

But I'm pretty sure pokemon wasn't the first game to use pets to fight and I do feel that the main diference will be animals attacking people, not animals attacking animals.

On the other hand...

[hide]pikascape.png[/hide]

In World Of Warcraft, a jackalope-like creature called a "Wolpertinger", which resembles a jackalope with buzzard wings, is given away as a non-combat pet (companion) at a yearly in-game festival called Brewfest.

And as for the picture, I'd choose that game.

My point is that there's no such thing as a real mythical creature, some jackalope with wings is just as "real" as a charmander. Neither exist.

Sure there is.

Grendel is a real mythical creature, although he didn't exist. Pokemon are real fictional monsters, the wolpertinger is a derivative of a real mythical creature, a germanic version of the Jackalope, IE: The Wolpertinger is not just a Jagex attempt at a pokemon-esque ripoff, but has real roots in an already existing fictional creature.

Aww shucks, the Jackalope DOES exist... Just ask Ronald Reagen... It's just like the Wild Haggis, the Australian Drop Bear, and the Kappa.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Sure there is.

Grendel is a real mythical creature, although he didn't exist. Pokemon are real fictional monsters, the wolpertinger is a derivative of a real mythical creature, a germanic version of the Jackalope, IE: The Wolpertinger is not just a Jagex attempt at a pokemon-esque ripoff, but has real roots in an already existing fictional creature.

I seriously laughed out loud at this. You're my new favorite comedian.

Discuss.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Sure there is.

I seriously laughed out loud at this. You're my new favorite comedian.

Discuss.

discuss what?

phata_elise.png

Maybe different skills will be need to get the creastures

u have to mine and get a rock animal that picks up ores

Hunting some animals would get a animal to help and fite

Maybe woodcutting some birds out of trees a

farming some sort of grass creature

LOL I DONT KNOW

2eed07l.png

Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

Hey a human in Runescape! Jagex must have copied that from warcraft!

Sorry... but my point is Pokemon did not invent summoning it is a very common series of lores told throughout history in nearly every civilization in the world, just because Pokemon was one of the first games that translated it into a game format does not mean it was their idea, nor does it mean summoning will be even remotely close in this game....

sig2webzx7.jpg

So you think that creatures need to be captured first and can then be used constantly without the use of some resources?

Seems unlikely, don't you think? ;)

So if that is not it, then what reminds you of pokemon?

Well jagex did say that Summoning will be linked to hunting

Actually yeah i agree with this thread completely now

it will probably have a timer like prayer *and you recharge at summoning obelisks* like prayer

Ring_World.gif

And the point of this thread is...

Ok sure it may seem like Pocket Monsters (Yes I said the Japanese name), but what's wrong with that. All good ideas get copied sooner or later, so we have creatures that we call and fight for us. Is that really a bad thing?

Summoning pouches = pokeballs.

Cabbage = God

How convinient is it to alter reality by simply comparing two things. Infact, I think Im going to do that all the time now.

3 = 5

Joy = Anger

Sarcasm = Fun.

Please give your reason why Summoning pouches are Pokeballs, because they are not.

And no, Summoning is not like Pokemon. I have never seen a trainer duke it out with the other trainer and get blasted by a hyperbeam. Summoning creatures are there to aid, not to battle while you sit and wait.

I see absolutely no resemblance to Pokemon and Summoning, sorry.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite