Playstation 3 and Nintendo Revolution

Augsback

Since Microsoft released pictures of X-box 360, I quess Sony wanted to do the same with the new Playstation 3.

050517j.jpg

PLAYSTATION 3 SPECIFICATIONS

CPU: Cell Processor PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

--1 VMX vector unit per core

--512KB L2 cache

--7 x SPE @3.2GHz

--7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

--7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

--*1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

--Total floating point performance: 218 gigaflops

GPU RSX @ 550MHz

--1.8 TFLOPS floating point Performance

--Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

--Multi-way programmable parallel Floating point shader pipelines

--Sound Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)

MEMORY

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz

256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth Main RAM-- 25.6GB/s

VRAM--22.4GB/s

RSX-- 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

SB2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

SYSTEM FLOATING POINT PERFORMANCE:

2 teraflops

STORAGE

--HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

--I/O--USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

--Memory Stickstandard/Duo, PRO x 1

--SD standard/mini x 1

--CompactFlash(Type I, II) x 1

COMMUNICATION

--Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

--Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g

--Bluetooth--Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

--ControllerBluetooth (up to 7)

--USB 2.0 (wired)

--Wi-Fi (PSP)

--Network (over IP)

AV OUTPUT

Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

HDMI out x 2

AV multi out x 1

Digital out (optical) x 1

DISC MEDIA

CD

PlayStation CD-ROM

PlayStation2 CD-ROM

CD-DA

CD-DA (ROM),

CD-R,

CD-RW

SACD Hybrid (CD layer),

SACD HD

DualDisc (audio side)

DualDisc (DVD side)

PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM

PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM

DVD-ROM

DVD-R

DVD-RW

DVD+R,

DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc

PlayStation 3 BD-ROM

BD-ROM

BD

More pictures Here.

ALSO Nintendo did the same by showing off its new Nintendo Revolution picture.

7820484382759148.JPG

* Release is sometime in 2006.

* Prototype shown is larger than final unit.

* Nintendo is still determining final colors for the console.

* All-Access Gaming, which refers to backwards compatibility to 20 years of Nintendo games, NES, SNES, N64. We donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know particulars of how itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be accessed or what, if any, the cost structure might be.

* Downloadable to 512MB of flash memory.

* SD memory card slot.

* Wireless controllers.

* Two USB 2.0 ports.

* Built-in WiFi.

* WiFi used to interface with the DS.

* DS likely to enhance future games.

* Self-loading optical drive that will play 12cm Revolution discs and smaller GameCube discs

* Self-contained attachment for playing media content, including DVDs.

It's not a final yet on what Nintendo has to finish.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it E3 already? Damn! I'd completely forgotten. Skipped through tht PS3, the Revolution looks sweet. Much nicer than Ninty'e previous attemot at cool (GBASP).

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

HA backwards capability for 20 years? Can anyone say bs? So they gonna have 5 different slots? Nes Snes and n64 carts + new discs + gamecube mini disks? Ha that's just funny. Also it looks the worst out of the 3 consoles and will prob only have the same specs as xbox360 I say. Seeing as that comes out over a year earlier I'm guessing that it won't do very well.

Before I get called a fan boy. I think Nintendo makes good consoles but aims at a small market. I hate to say it but the mass market these days don't like mario games as much.

On the ps3 I think it looks stupidly amazing except looks like a george forman grill. The only thing I can question about it is its release date. Will it be too long after the xbox360 for it to have full effect? Also the price. In todays day and age the graphics cards alone on ps3 would be $1000.

DANG IT I WANTED TO MAKE THIS POST :evil: :( :( :(

ah well.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16 ... 1.html?q=1

9 pictures on the gamespot website, shaped opposite of the xbox 360 (convex, not concave). comes in three colors (white, silverish\gray, black), all the stats are listed above. coming out spring 2006 W00T!!! i also heard that it is 10x as powerful as XBOX360, and about 20 game developers dropped their contracts with xbox once they found out how powerful it is going to be. (friend sent me that info out of one of his gaming magazines).

once again, PLAYSTATION OWNS XBOX!!!

sooo many new games coming out for PS3 so far, that have been mentioned...the next GTA game in the series, devil may cry 4, metal gear solid 4, tekken 6, gran turismo 5, and lots more.

taken from http://WWW.GAMESPOT.COM:

LOS ANGELES--Today saw the second of the big three console makers announce its next-generation platform. At its pre-E3 press conference, Sony Computer Entertainment gave the world its first look at the PlayStation 3, as it is now officially called. While the device's price has not yet been set, its release window--spring 2006--has. Flanked by Sony Computer Entertainment America President and CEO Kaz Hirai, SCE head Ken Kutaragi introduced it as a "supercomputer for computer entertainment."

The name was not unexpected, since Sony had been running an extensive teaser-ad campaign prepping the public for the PlayStation 3. The company had laid a blanket of posters around the Los Angeles Convention Center, site of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (aka E3). Bus stalls and billboards around the convention center proclaimed "Prepare for Chang3" in the distinctive PlayStation font with partial shots of the Dual Shock controller's square-circle-triangle-X buttons.

Sony also confirmed the PlayStation 3 will use Blu-ray discs as its media format. The discs can hold up to six times as much data as current-generation DVDs. It will also support CR-ROM, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R formats. Sony also confirmed that the machine will be backward compatible all the way to the original PlayStation. It will also have slots for Memory Stick Duo, an SD slot, and a compact flash memory slot. It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5-inch HDD, somewhat similar to the Xbox 360's. Sony did not mention if the drive would be standard.

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2GHz, giving the whole system 2 teraflops of overall performance. It will sport 256MB XDR main RAM at 3.2GHz, and it will have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700MHz.

Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer," which is based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision and 1080p resolution--some of the highest HD resolution around. The RSX also has 512MB of graphics render memory and is capable of 100 billion shader operations and 51 billion dot products per second. It also has more than 300 million transistors, larger than any processor commercially available today. It will be manufactured using the 90nm process, with eight layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra video cards, which would cost roughly $1,000 total if purchased today.

The PlayStation 3 will also sport some hefty multimedia features, such as video chat, Internet access, digital photo viewing, and digital audio and video. Speaking of video, Sony Computer Entertainment's chief technical officer Masa Chatani was on hand to show off the PS3's panoramic video functions. Since the console has two HD outputs, it is can be hooked up to two side-by-side HDTVs to projecting video in a 32:9 extra-widescreen format (think Cinemascope in your living room). Like a gigantic version of the Nintendo DS, the dual digital outputs also allow for an extended game display, with the action on one screen and either game information or video chat on the second.

Out of the box, the PS3 will have the capability to support seven Bluetooth controllers, which can be used for nearly 24 hours before they require charging. Later, pictures of the controllers themselves were released, showing their almost boomerang-like shape. It will also have six USB slots for peripherals: four up front and two in the back. As rumored, it will also have Wi-Fi connectivity to the PSP, which can be used as a remote screen and/or controller.

Dr. Richard Marx, the inventor of EyeToy, was on hand to show off the PS3's wireless HD IP Camera. The demo recalled rumors that the machine will have Minority Report-esque motion-sensing capabilities. Marx held two small cup-like objects in his hands, which moved the cups on the screen in real time.

To show off the PlayStation 3's graphical brawn, Sony showed several game demos, including an Unreal 3 engine show-off of what appeared to be Unreal Tournament 2007. In what must come as a relief to developers, Epic Games' Tim Sweeney was on hand to vouch for the PS3, saying it was "easy to program for" and that Epic had received its first PS3 hardware two months ago. He proved the tech demo was real-time by showing it again and by manipulating the camera and zooming in.

Sony also showed off several other tech demos. One was a next-gen remake of the famed "duck demo" first shown when the PlayStation 2 launched. Except this time, instead of one duck in a bathtub, the demo showed a whole flock of ducks milling about, as well as several toy battleships. Another demo showed grass and foliage growing while another showed Gran Turismo cars racing with Spider-Man swinging overhead. Speaking of Spider-Man, another demo showed highly detailed renders of Alfred Molina as Dr. Octopus recreated from the film Spider-Man 2.

However, Sweeney's words were only the beginning. Later, Sony trotted out a whole host of publishers that are backing the PlayStation 3. And in the process, it confirmed several games for the console. Hideo Kojima introduced Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4, Capcom showed off Devil May Cry 4, Namco unveiled Tekken 6, Polyphony Digital trotted out a fifth Gran Turismo, SCEE showed off the next Killzone, and Rockstar Games showed a new Western title.

EA President Larry Probst was also on hand to show off a demonstration of the next Fight Night game, which will presumably be called Fight Night Round 3. When one of the two fighters took a blow, his skin rippled realistically. Kudo Tsonoda from EA's Chicago studio was on hand, and said that the goal is to make the facial animation convey the amount of punishment a pugilist has suffered.

And still the games came. SCEE had three on display: A third Getaway, with an even seedier, nastier version of London; a new off-road racing game called Motor Storm from Evolution Studios; and a shooter called Heavenly Sword. Sega is readying Fifth Phantom Saga, and Bandai is prepping another Gundam game. Ubisoft is continuing to innovate in the first-person shooter field with an all-new IP named Killing Day. Koei enlightened the crowd with a demo of Ni-oh, a new martial-arts-themed brawler about Buddha's monk bodyguards. Incognito is developing a sequel to Warhawk, the acclaimed actioner for the original PlayStation.

However, one of the night's most impressive tech demos will likely be the most disappointing for fans of the Final Fantasy series. After showing some footage from the upcoming Final Fantasy XII for the PlayStation 2, Square Enix Yochi Wada showed a very impressive demo called "Final Fantasy VII: Technical Demo for PlayStation 3." The visually impressive demo showed a sequence of a cityscape, culminating with fan favorite Cloud jumping out of a train. However, Wada said the clip was "merely a sample" and Square Enix currently has no plans to release a remake of Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation 3. However, he did say the series would arrive on the console in "some form."

Wada's presence at the PS3 launch was ironic, given that Microsoft announced Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox 360 just hours later. In fact, much of Sony's conference seemed designed to one-up the features of Microsoft's new console point by point.

Sony also emphasized that the PlayStation 3 would have similar online connectivity and services as the next generation of Xbox Live. Calling it "an always on, always connected device," Chatani said the PS3 would be constantly in touch with a "PlayStation World" network "fundamentally based on a on community, communication commerce, and content." He said that subscribers could "exchange unique characters and items through the network," much like Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace.

im definitely getting one.

20x as powerful? It isn't even 2x... Secondly you can't just drop contract you know?... God and I can't believe I was called a fanboy. At least I have some knowledge on all the systems.

Fanboy [bleep]ing ends right here

----------------------------------------------------------------

I saw some videos of the PS3 (the next gran Turismo game) and if it plays like it looks in the videos, its really amazing. I always felt people were exaggerating when they called games on the current gen consoles "amazing" looking except for in rare cases, because I was mainly a PC gamer. But the PS3 graphics look amazzzzzing. [bleep] gameplay, it looks purty.

That said, the controller looks stupid. Gah. It looks like an old PC game pad, can't remember the name of it, it was wing something..

20x as powerful? It isn't even 2x... Secondly you can't just drop contract you know?... God and I can't believe I was called a fanboy. At least I have some knowledge on all the systems.

By Nintendo's own admission, according to a report from USA Today, the system is two to three times as powerful as its current-generation console, the GameCube. Sony's PlayStation 3, announced yesterday, is reportedly dozens of times powerful than its predecessor, the PlayStation 2.

quote from: gamespot, The Revolution article.

Sony even mentioned the 51-billion-dot-product-operations per second number during the PS3 press conference and Microsoft boasted that the Xbox 360 could do 9-million-dot-product-operations per second.

quote from: http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x ... ures_image

Graphics Core Clock Speed PS3-550 MHz Xbox 360-500MHz

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x ... ures_image has some awesome information on it. In the views of my best friend, PS3 will win the counsel war (battle between the systems i guess), since PS2 won it.

yes, you can just drop a contract. you confront them and refuse to go through with it anymore, its as simple as that. what can they do? jack [cabbage]. just like what you know.

really, im not a fanboy, im just extremely excited after seeing the clip of the games they are going to produce on PS3 (evil_elf also saw it, words cant describe how realistic it looks, literally. it doesnt do it enough good).

apparently, cjlhdevil, you barely have any knowledge whatsoever. so next time, before you get into an argument with me over tech stats, get your facts straight...cause ill blow you over.

8784671701491003.JPG

Yeah so does that look 20x to you? I didn't think so. Also you've seen clips of a game? Wow I've seen all of them too. If you even read my post you would see my comment on ps3. So you're having an arguement with me about saying that the console looks amazing, and your point to me is that the console looks amazing ummm yeah nice one. Also it won't be out for a year+ just like xbox and ps2, and what was the deciding factor between ps2 and xbox? Release date.

well lets see here, if you 'read my post' you wouldve seen me say TEN TIMES. 10X. 10, with a sexy red X next to it.

and if you think about it, the processor isnt the only thing calculated in determing raw power, or overall speed, or any other statistic. and you can go to the gamespot article right now if you want to, and look it up. i trust gamespot, it has a huge amount of credibility.

MORE QUOTES:

Sony decided to use the PS3 to further its own Blu-ray format, which allows for discs that can hold about 54GB each. The Xbox 360 will support dual layer DVDs, which can hold about 9GB worth of data.

Sony even mentioned the 51-billion-dot-product-operations per second number during the PS3 press conference and Microsoft boasted that the Xbox 360 could do 9-million-dot-product-operations per second. (Just thought you should take a glance at this again).

You might be able to call the Cell's SPE overgrown math units, but we think Sony's Cell processor wins from a brute power perspective. (From that link i posted in my last post).

Not to mention dozens of other addons, utilities, ports, features, and detachable harddrives that are available.

OK, onto release date. PS2 and XBOX debuted years ago, the release times are spaced at about the same intervals as before. XBOX comes first, then the other two. The only smart move XBOX has made is to make Halo3 come out at about the same time as PS3, but that wont slow it down at all. With so many *GOOD* games coming out for PS3 so close to its release date, itll immensely speed up the buying of the PS3.

(PS: Im debating with you, dont take this personally. Honestly i dont know why im so hyped about the PS3s release and everything, but since ive seen the gran turismo and Killzone 2 previews, which are beyond amazing, ive been hyped. No offense intended at all :) )

Ok you seem to know alot more than me >.< :P Sorry I just tend to get in console arguements. Also yeah I saw the deadzone 2 video and damn. I used to love my xbox but I dunno if even the almighty halo 3 is going to be able to topple the games ps3 has lined up. :?

all you need to know is on gamespot.com, just read the stuff they have on there about E3 and their comparisons, and there you go :) its fine lol.

Im really not sure how halo3 will surpass halo2, after reading how people took days off from work to beat it lol. killzone2 is on my to buy list for sure, with the new GTA game...now i gotta get a job lol.

which one are you going to get? if i could get both, i would...but im not rich. i dont think anything good is coming out for the new gamecube, so ill just ignore that lol...aside from its really small size.

That said, the controller looks stupid. Gah. It looks like an old PC game pad, can't remember the name of it, it was wing something..

Wingman, I have one upstairs, let's see if I can find it. :P

That's my input for this topic, now let me grab some pop-corn and a beer, so i can enjoy the upcoming show. :lol:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

First off, lemme say this about Nintendo:

In my opinion, Nintendo is scrambling to put something together, and are in a stage of desparation.

Microsoft and Sony are clearly competing with eachother, while Nintendo remains on the sidelines. I have always been a strong supporter of Nintendo, but now I've lost faith. This console...named what? Code named Revolution, is amazingly ugly. It looks cheap, and when I look at it, I think "What's the point of this thing?"

The X-Box 360 is a multimedia center, along with a heavy gaming center. All in one, and I love it. Kudos to Microsoft from the initial looks of this one.I can imagine all of the games being released for this thing, should give Playstation quite a run for its money.

The PS3 also looks quite stunning, and I'm sure it'll do quite well also. Loving the looks of it, powerful processor, and once again, I'm assuming they've already got their list of games lined up for this thing.

And where is Nintendo? Slowly unveiling their new console today, quietly at that. No real pics released, far behind the competition. As for their new gameboy released yesterday? Can you say disgusting? What are they thinking? Nintendo is quickly on the path to nowhere. I love the mario type games, quite fun, but I will never buy another Nintendo system. It's just not up to par with the likes of Sony and or Microsoft.

signaturecj5.jpg

First off, lemme say this about Nintendo:

In my opinion, Nintendo is scrambling to put something together, and are in a stage of desparation.

Microsoft and Sony are clearly competing with eachother, while Nintendo remains on the sidelines. I have always been a strong supporter of Nintendo, but now I've lost faith. This console...named what? Code named Revolution, is amazingly ugly. It looks cheap, and when I look at it, I think "What's the point of this thing?"

The X-Box 360 is a multimedia center, along with a heavy gaming center. All in one, and I love it. Kudos to Microsoft from the initial looks of this one.I can imagine all of the games being released for this thing, should give Playstation quite a run for its money.

The PS3 also looks quite stunning, and I'm sure it'll do quite well also. Loving the looks of it, powerful processor, and once again, I'm assuming they've already got their list of games lined up for this thing.

And where is Nintendo? Slowly unveiling their new console today, quietly at that. No real pics released, far behind the competition. As for their new gameboy released yesterday? Can you say disgusting? What are they thinking? Nintendo is quickly on the path to nowhere. I love the mario type games, quite fun, but I will never buy another Nintendo system. It's just not up to par with the likes of Sony and or Microsoft.

To be honest I think you're prob right. I think nintendo has done most of it's R&D but no real developing. I mean I have come to expect more from nintendo then a black box :?

May I ask what exactly is wrong with that Nintendo picture, I really like it, more "design" than the Playstation, and more abstract, I like it.

21o4pav.jpg

May I ask what exactly is wrong with that Nintendo picture, I really like it, more "design" than the Playstation, and more abstract, I like it.

Amen! Besides, by Nintendo's own admission they're not finished with it. The controller, which Iwata says is the revolutionary bit hasn't been announced. All we know is that they're wireless.

Anyway, who cares about raw power? Sure, games can look sweet, but the gameplay can be crap. Lets look at the original 'killer app' for the PS2 as an example. Gran Tourismo 3. Looked abso-bloody-tastic, but was boring to play. After 20 mins of staring at the screen, I turned off my PS2, turned my PSX back on, and had more fun playing GT2 in an hour than I did in the 12 I spent on GT3. The same with *all* the 3D GTA games, they just couldn't hold my interest as long as the original. My PS2 and games have long since been sold (I was majorly dissapointed with San Andreas), yet I still fire up GTA on my computer for a laugh. It's still fun! Which is more than I can say for the vast majority of PS2 games.

Basically: graphics = absolutely nothing. If a game looks good but is dull to play, whats the point of it? By contrast, a game with awful graphics but decent gameplay can hook people in *cough* Tetris *cough*. All the updates of Tetris, trying to give it better graphics, failed. Need I say more?

I would far rather see what Nintendo are going to do with their revolution (suposedly including new methods of controlling the games. Mind links anyone? ;)), than some computer chip that can provide raw power that will never be used to its fullest.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I really like the Revolution's design. Anything not purple is fine with me. :P

It actually looks pretty sleek this time around, and more mainstream appealing. And from what I hear, you're going to be able to download the older Nintendo games - not use older cartridges and stuff. Even if it isn't as powerful as the other systems, as Mayjest said, it has the creative, innovative, and fun games that will always make me buy Nintendo over other the raw mainstream appealing games that sell on sony and microsoft systems.

To me the nitendo console looked like a pc drive to me. :? Not exactly a revelution when it's just a black box... At least add some shape and style to it like xbox360 and ps3.

Don't trust Sony for a second. I remember they said the PS2 was going to be able to run like about 8 million pixels per sec. I pray that Sony doesn't Dreamcast the 360.

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)

once again, PLAYSTATION OWNS XBOX!!!

The consoles haven't even been released yet and already you are saying one owns the other :? Sony can talk about the PS3 like its jesus all day, but when it comes down to actually releasing it to the public, we'll see how they fare ;)

If you know anything about the history of Sony, you know to not trust a word that comes out of their mouth. They are the kings of exaggeration, and will say anything to hype up their system. When Sony, and to a much lesser extent Microsoft, announced how many polygons the PS2 and Xbox could render per second, they gave raw, completely theoretical numbers of how many polygons could be rendered without any bells or whistles (lightning, textures, etc). Nintendo is much more conservative in their estimates. Well Sony may say the the PS3 is "30 times as powerful" as the PS2, that may be true, but only in technical aspects, it doesn't translate to scale onto real games. When Nintendo says the Revolution is "2 to 3 times as powerful" as the Gamecube, they are speaking from a different perspective, you can't compare the two statements.

Now, onto the Sony's PS3 game footage. For the most part, it's fake, plain and simple. The only developers that showed off true game clips were Electronic Arts, Epic Games, and a few others. You can read a short excerpt from an employee of Epic Games here: http://www.gamersreports.com/index.php?sid=1479

That beautiful, breathtaking Killzone 2 clip? Nothing more than Pre-Rendered CGI. Now I'm not saying that the PS3 can't do stuff that good, I'm sure it can, but the fact remains is that you should take those movies with a grain of salt.

Now, that was unbiased fact. Now onto my personal opinions :P

I watched a bit of the MS and Sony conventions. Sony focused a lot on technical dribble, which would be boring to most gamers, unless they really fancy the technology. MS had the best conference from what I saw, it had decent demonstrations and gave a lot of information on their plans for Live, etc. The Nintendo conference was a flop. The GameBoy Micro was kind of neat, but the footage of GameCube games was unamusing, and ugh.. Mario Party 7. MP6 was horrible. Information on the Revolution was lacking.

The PS3 looks sleek, but you can't move pas the fact that it DOES look like a George Forman grill when it is lying horizontal, or a high-tech fridge when vertical. The controller looks like a boomerang, it would be nice if Sony tried to innovate instead of using the same basic design three generations in a row, it's not near perfect. Both the Xbox 360 controller and system look decent, except for that round convex shape at the bottom (or right) of the system, for some reason in still pictures, it just doesn't look real! The Revolution is the worst looking imo. It certainly is tiny. Black is so last generation, I'd rather have silver or pearl white. Black could still work though, but the Revolution design needs some improvement. Of course we haven't seen the Rev controller, as that is the "revolutionary" part.

Do not count the Revolution out. MS and Sony have played their hands, Nintendo still has something up their sleeve, I can feel it. Expect something big in the next two days. :wink:

Aye.

7820484382759148.JPG

Put some overhang around the place a few notches and such, and what do you get?

ps2_new_1.jpg

The Revolution is clean. Very clean.

And if you curve it out a bit, change its colour to silver... wham, PS3 :-?

*shrug*

Also, some people may not understand how small the Revolution just is.

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/615/ ... 95079.html

That glowing blue slot is the length of a regular sized cd/dvd.. And Nintendo stated it would get smaller still. Very unorigonal design, though.

Right, You gave us a link to this:

e3-2005-high-res-revolution-images-20050517100457053.jpg

picture...

But when I press the "previous" button in that gallary I see:

e3-2005-high-res-revolution-images-20050517100456459.jpg

I'm a little confused now, what is it going to be like? I mean, that 2nd picture looks way better, and it looks like there are going to be more colours than a black one. The silver stand comes along with the Nintendo Revolution, or not?

21o4pav.jpg