Linkin Park???

Dontknowyet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about...Pop-hard rock.

They are a bunch of sold out, bad musicians who only know how to play open power chords and have no connections to their lyrics, they just know teens will buy their stuff if their lyrics are suicidal and insecure.

Linkin Park + Good Charlotte + MTV = Worst music ever.

wannabe-metal?

true, but their still good...

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

I read an article in the newspaper awhile ago that, essentially, they were complaining because warner was making like $600 million off of them and they only got $30 million of it. Any band that is complaining about money when they're already making $30 million is a complete sellout. There new album is even being delayed because of this.

Who cares they blow chunks and always have...it's not even so much that they suck, but their songs are so unoriginal and repetitive that it gets tiring listening to their music.

How does a profession differ from an occupation?

I read an article in the newspaper awhile ago that, essentially, they were complaining because warner was making like $600 million off of them and they only got $30 million of it. Any band that is complaining about money when they're already making $30 million is a complete sellout. There new album is even being delayed because of this.

I'd sell out too if I was only getting 5% of of a $600 million fortune when I was the one putting my voice through severe shouting.

Think about it, the poor guy must spend $30 million a year on strepsils.

There new album is even being delayed because of this.

Is it really new though or is it just another crappy remix album milking what they have already done without having their songwriters come up with something new.

Is it really new though or is it just another crappy remix album milking what they have already done without having their songwriters come up with something new.

Uhh.. I'm fairly certain they write their own songs.

I think what Herr is getting at is that out of the 5 albums Linkin Park have released, 2 of them were remixes of songs they'd already done, and one was a live album.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I think what Herr is getting at is that out of the 5 albums Linkin Park have released, 2 of them were remixes of songs they'd already done, and one was a live album.

I don't think they write their own songs anyway. They seem like a pretty produced band to me, I wouldn't doubt they had record company songwriters handing them lyrics.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I don't think they write their own songs anyway. They seem like a pretty produced band to me, I wouldn't doubt they had record company songwriters handing them lyrics.

Oh nonsense. I'm pretty sure they aren't plagirising(sp?) anything but they must get their inspiration from the New Age Green Day and Limp Bizkit :? Also their style of music is just sooo simple to create I don't see why they can only manage to put 10-13 songs on an album. Here, I'll show you:

And I see these cars pass me by,

I feel like I want to die.

Eureka! That's like...another whole song. :roll:

How does a profession differ from an occupation?

Oh nonsense. I'm pretty sure they aren't plagirising(sp?) anything but they must get their inspiration from the New Age Green Day and Limp Bizkit :? Also their style of music is just sooo simple to create I don't see why they can only manage to put 10-13 songs on an album. Here, I'll show you:

And I see these cars pass me by,

I feel like I want to die.

Eureka! That's like...another whole song. :roll:

Ah, after a quick search you're right, apparantly Mike Shinoda writes the lyrics.

However, after the same quick search I came to the conclusion if they don't have a 3rd party writing lyrics, they probably should. The songs are terrible.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I'd sell out too if I was only getting 5% of of a $600 million fortune when I was the one putting my voice through severe shouting.

..have you never heard of the genres such as metal, hardcore, and "screamo." Chester's voice goes through nothing compared to what these guys do.

..have you never heard of the genres such as metal, hardcore, and "screamo." Chester's voice goes through nothing compared to what these guys do.

Hey I'm not comparing it to them but it still feels as painful as it sounds

omg im sick of u punks... if it so easy to make 600mill or 30mill a yeah and you think you could have better lyrics post them? post me lyrics for a song? yeah what i thought

talk about blowing chunks..... something tell's me you all posers

As: Dontknowyet -157 R.

Rs: Dontknowyet - 38

Bigboybad - 104

i'd classify them as Alternative, or even Electronica

Hohoho, you've really never heard any alternative music have you? Alternative means not normal, by definition. Linkin park is very normal music, it's totally quintessential of the 'genre'. Alternative music is experimental. Examples are Eels and Beck. Neither of which sound like the sort of thing you'll hear every day (unlike Linkin Park).

Hohoho, you've really never heard any electronica have you? For it to be electronica it needs to sound remotely electronic. Examples are Aphex Twin, Covenant and perhaps VNV Nation.

oh, that's just what i've heard :cry: :cry:

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I belive they refer to themselves as Rap-Metal.

Rap 'N Roll. o_o;

thats the best answer to my question thankyou, you 2 mercifull

As: Dontknowyet -157 R.

Rs: Dontknowyet - 38

Bigboybad - 104

omg im sick of u punks... if it so easy to make 600mill or 30mill a yeah and you think you could have better lyrics post them? post me lyrics for a song? yeah what i thought

talk about blowing chunks..... something tell's me you all posers

Yes were all poser's because we don't listen to a band you like, makes a ton of sense.

and 30Million is still a LOT of cash. What would you realy need with even more money anyways....

Anyways, there are a few Linkin park songs i do like, but there are of course much better bands.

wish i could be making 30M for doing what they do :( haha.

RAP = Rythm and poetry, so that excludes linkin park from being considered rap...

It's funny how metal punks get all defensive of their bands, claiming meaningful lyrics or something....

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png