Riots WILL NOT WORK

Trollface

Since when could rampant criticism threaten a company?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These riots people set up are a joke. They're saying "no pking no play". And what happens the next day? THEY KEEP PLAYING!!!!!!!! you cant say ur going to do something in a riot unless u actually do it. and even if u do that it will STILL wont work. Jagex doesnt care. All they care about is money So what i suggest is a boycott. all members cancell their membership for a couple of weeks or so and jagex will lose money. They will be forced to bring wildy back unless they go bankrupt.

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"The best of you comes from your heart, not the edge of your sword"

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

These riots people set up are a joke. They're saying "no pking no play". And what happens the next day? THEY KEEP PLAYING!!!!!!!! you cant say ur going to do something in a riot unless u actually do it. and even if u do that it will STILL wont work. Jagex doesnt care. All they care about is money So what i suggest is a boycott. all members cancell their membership for a couple of weeks or so and jagex will lose money. They will be forced to bring wildy back unless they go bankrupt.

Firstly, tip.it isn't a site where we have a single opinion like that (apart from the Code of Conduct). Sure, if some tip.iters feel the need, go ahead.

Also, not everybody is against the updates, and people want to play their game in peace. In the most part, people who still have memberships are people who have played after the big update and do not feel that the game has lost too much appeal to be worth playing. You're asking them to act on something which they've already accepted, and we've already said that boycotting only works in large numbers.

Also, I'd like to point out that a successful boycott will leave Jagex in a lose-lose situation. 1. They ignore the boycott and go bankrupt. 2. They let in the RWTers and go bankrupt as they can no longer accept credit card payments as the credit card companies no longer trust them.

Effectively it would destroy the game and the company. Thankfully, it won't happen.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Guest impatience

1- I think it would be useful for people to re read the development diary Jagex versus RWT

for Jagex's reasons, also "listen" to the tone. Jagex are NOT going to reverse this.

2- These so called "riots" are really just temper tantrums. " i want i want i want me me me". If people want to do that, fine, but please I don't have to stay and watch. Thankfully I have options, i can leave go to another world or town. You can *not* reason with someone having a tantrum, no matter what age they are. The only thing is to wait until everyone is calm, preferable ignore the bad behaviour so long as it is not dangerous.

3 - Disruptive behaviour is against the spirit of the game, and may be reportable.

4- I used to play another game that decided to go to RWT "officially" and it became horrible. Just a big bragging game "ive got *this* " ... aka I paid more. (Not second life). So I totally agree with Jagex's decision, although maybe for different reasons.

Jagex KNEW they were going to upset a lot of people, and they knew they'd lose incredible numbers of players (and therefore money). They did the RWT changes anyway because they thought it'd be far worse for the game (i.e. its remaining players) if they didn't do it. Which means there's not much point in telling them that lots of people didn't like it; they knew that already. They'll even know how many people quit, which we don't.

Jagex: "We've got to make these changes, even if you all get very angry."

Rioter: "But we're all very angry. Undo the changes!"

Jagex: "See above."

The best thing about the riots is that they let all the upset players know they're not alone in feeling as they do. That's kinda nice.

Jagex KNEW they were going to upset a lot of people, and they knew they'd lose incredible numbers of players (and therefore money). They did the RWT changes anyway because they thought it'd be far worse for the game (i.e. its remaining players) if they didn't do it. Which means there's not much point in telling them that lots of people didn't like it; they knew that already. They'll even know how many people quit, which we don't.

Jagex: "We've got to make these changes, even if you all get very angry."

Rioter: "But we're all very angry. Undo the changes!"

Jagex: "See above."

The best thing about the riots is that they let all the upset players know they're not alone in feeling as they do. That's kinda nice.

if i didnt have a perm sig ban, that would go in it. made me laugh.

Pkers will do anything in their power to bring pking back, even if it means lowering the overall IQ of runescape my 50 and creating huge amounts in Varrock.

Note-apparently, the riot in W2 has died down, while the w1 riot is still going on

Riots do indeed do something, I don't know why all of you are being so ignorant to past riots. The riot over SS got it legal but under certain restrictions. Or did you guys just want to forget about that?

What pures are fighting for now, is getting the wild back, but keeping the gravestones. As in you can attack people in the wild, yet if you kill them the gravestone effect is still active. To me that's pretty darn worth rioting for.

I also can't believe how many of you are coming to the conclusion that people are rioting for the wilderness back of how it was. We aren't. We're rioting for what I said above. It would help a ton if you all actually researched, and didn't assume.

Riots do indeed do something, I don't know why all of you are being so ignorant to past riots. The riot over SS got it legal but under certain restrictions. Or did you guys just want to forget about that?

What pures are fighting for now, is getting the wild back, but keeping the gravestones. As in you can attack people in the wild, yet if you kill them the gravestone effect is still active. To me that's pretty darn worth rioting for.

I also can't believe how many of you are coming to the conclusion that people are rioting for the wilderness back of how it was. We aren't. We're rioting for what I said above. It would help a ton if you all actually researched, and didn't assume.

Can you show me a quote or a link to where you got the information that they are rioting for pking with gravestones? (I'm interested in seeing this)

I see that if they implement that, it would simply get more people complaining (Pkers that they don't get the same loot, and people who like the no-wildy-pker situation complaining)

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

It just makes me wonder what kind of stances people have in real life if they really believe riots don't do anything at all. Defeatist ftl? It's unlikely Jagex will bring back the wilderness as it was, but the riots DO bring attention to how players feel about it. Riots can't have complex messages, you can't control a crowd to same complicated stuff so they say "No wild, no pay, etc" to make a point.

Basically, almost all of Runescape doesn't require any sort of skill except clicking and resistance to boredom. Levels are basically representative of how efficiently and long you clicked, how resistant you are to repetitive activities, and how much time you are willing to waste on the game.

Pking, and staking were two activities that actually required certain abilities. For staking, you had to had a solid strategy, know the tricks, and know exactly what you are doing to win. People who become rich with staking weren't idiots. Pking wasn't as shiny, but it was an activity that had the potential to quicken your pulse, and basically nothing wrong with that. What doesn't make sense is a mmorpg without PK, it is a vital part of any mmorpg. BH and FoG just don't cut it.

If BH and FoG don't cut it, quit. I find it funny that pures have been running around for seven months saying they're going to quit, but are still around today to [bleep] and lower the overall intelligence of our already bad community. We don't need pures on RuneScape if all they're going to do is complain.

Way to generalize the public, I have a pure, I don't complain, and so do the thousands of pures that skill play the game. Don't lump everyone together just because you think you know what your talking about.

HI!

It just makes me wonder what kind of stances people have in real life if they really believe riots don't do anything at all. Defeatist ftl? It's unlikely Jagex will bring back the wilderness as it was, but the riots DO bring attention to how players feel about it. Riots can't have complex messages, you can't control a crowd to same complicated stuff so they say "No wild, no pay, etc" to make a point.

Basically, almost all of Runescape doesn't require any sort of skill except clicking and resistance to boredom. Levels are basically representative of how efficiently and long you clicked, how resistant you are to repetitive activities, and how much time you are willing to waste on the game.

Pking, and staking were two activities that actually required certain abilities. For staking, you had to had a solid strategy, know the tricks, and know exactly what you are doing to win. People who become rich with staking weren't idiots. Pking wasn't as shiny, but it was an activity that had the potential to quicken your pulse, and basically nothing wrong with that. What doesn't make sense is a mmorpg without PK, it is a vital part of any mmorpg. BH and FoG just don't cut it.

If BH and FoG don't cut it, quit. I find it funny that pures have been running around for seven months saying they're going to quit, but are still around today to [bleep] and lower the overall intelligence of our already bad community. We don't need pures on RuneScape if all they're going to do is complain.

Way to generalize the public, I have a pure, I don't complain, and so do the thousands of pures that skill play the game. Don't lump everyone together just because you think you know what your talking about.

Well I'm just going by what I see, and generally speaking, I meet two douche bag pures for every one pure.

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

Can you show me a quote or a link to where you got the information that they are rioting for pking with gravestones? (I'm interested in seeing this)

I see that if they implement that, it would simply get more people complaining (Pkers that they don't get the same loot, and people who like the no-wildy-pker situation complaining)

~Dan

Read these topics:

http://purecommunity-rs.com/index.php?showtopic=2603

http://purecommunity-rs.com/index.php?showtopic=2589

http://purecommunity-rs.com/index.php?showtopic=535

Ask any pure as well whose in a clan and they'll inform you they want Wildy back without gravestones.

As well, those topics don't really touch the actual suggestion, more or less just the taste of it, the RSOF has a lot more topics regarding it.

I meet two douche bag pures for every one pure

And my question is, what did you do, to start it? The immature, annoying, idiotic, and complete disgraceful pures of runescape have left, the ones that left are the true pures who didn't pk for the loot, pked for the feeling. None of them would insult unless stepped upon by someone else.

I agree 100%. Don't those people stop and look at what they're doing? Sure, it's drawing attention, but the wrong kind! In fact, it will give Jagex an even more reason to not give the Wilderness back. "If those are the people that want the Wilderness back, why should we give it to them?" Don't forget that Player Moderators were requested not to attend or try to settle down these riots. I think the same thing might have been said to Jagex Moderators too. All they are doing to be honest, is wasting time.

j0xPu5R.png

~Dan

Read these topics:

http://purecommunity-rs.com/index.php?showtopic=2603

http://purecommunity-rs.com/index.php?showtopic=2589

http://purecommunity-rs.com/index.php?showtopic=535

Ask any pure as well whose in a clan and they'll inform you they want Wildy back without gravestones.

As well, those topics don't really touch the actual suggestion, more or less just the taste of it, the RSOF has a lot more topics regarding it.

And my question is, what did you do, to start it? The immature, annoying, idiotic, and complete disgraceful pures of runescape have left, the ones that left are the true pures who didn't pk for the loot, pked for the feeling. None of them would insult unless stepped upon by someone else.

you REALLY buy that? sorry, but their are plenty of pures left that are arrogant and quick to insult.

on topic, how is organizing a riot going to help? the realisiticness of a serious riot being organized is temporary at best. especially one that would impress anyone

Riots will never work. They won't work simply because there is not a majority of Runescape players openly "striking" about these updates which Jagex has brought upon us. If you take a look at how strikes are at companies today, you shall see a majority, if not the entire workforce on strike. That is how the employees on strike usually end up with what they want. This happens because since the workforce of the company is on strike, there is no one performing the necessary work that the company needs to function properly, so the company loses money fast. If the company does not want to lose millions of dollars, they will usually give what the strikers want.

So unless the majority of p2p players end their subscription and start to riot in the f2p worlds about what they want Jagex to do, the riots will be ultimately futile. Since Jagex is being payed by its subscribing players, they don't care about these riots and will simply "brush off" those who do riot.

The truth is that we have no so called "leverage" against Jagex. If we did, thing would be a lot different.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Bring it on!

Member.png

Riots on online game are the closest I will ever come to laughing out loud because of something in rs. It just boggles my mind that these morons think jagex gives a [cabbage] about a few idiots spamming garbage.

clansig7.gif

A riot in a game is pointless. If your f2p your not paying so the really don't care at all if all the worlds are full of 2000 rioting people each.

If your rioting in a p2p world then you are paying membership, and saying your going to unsubscribe is not nearly as effective as actualy unsubscribing. If you wan't to make them do something, try organising a boycot of at least 30,000 MEMBERS not f2p'ers. 20,000 would be the ideal minimum and 45,000+ would be really effective I think. All we can do is pray that the general playing population never gets that organised or were all doomed.

Off-topic: I just realised that I dont need to look at the key board to type, which is good because I am lying down and cant see the keyboard anyway. Go me :mrgreen:

I'm not saying riots are a joke, but you have to admit that their fun to watch - especially in the context of a game.

you REALLY buy that? sorry, but their are plenty of pures left that are arrogant and quick to insult.

Those pures are generally the 'quick' accounts or the ones with the ideal that having a 99 will own everyone. The majority of these '99's will own all' die out fast or either get defence. Skatedog111's comments are generally true. Pures are dieing out - hence only true pures are left. Real pures despise such arrogant, idiotic and immature pures - back in the wild they were hunted down.

Also differentiating between builds of characters is quite useless. That 'pure' would have a main - a 'normal' character. It's not the build, it's the player.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

HA! HAHAHAH!

Are you serious? Really? Wanna hear a funny story that happened to me two days ago?

I walked down to hill giants to do a little bit of ranging/prayer, and there were four pures there talking, and all meleeing. So when I get there, I start ranging and the pures were getting pretty angry that I was taking the giants. I was called a R4ng3r n00b about four times, a def nub a few times, a [kitty] and a nerd. It was funny, because I was being perfectly nice to them, and I got chewed out, because I clicked the giant faster than them. When I told one of them that I was just going to kill giants and mind my own business, he said, "Thts' cuz u r scaered i kill u in arena with my str def nub! pray is for nubz lol"

And they pretty much went on like that until I left. Now tell me those are the honorable, mature players you were talking about.

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

[hide=Quote]

HA! HAHAHAH!

Are you serious? Really? Wanna hear a funny story that happened to me two days ago?

I walked down to hill giants to do a little bit of ranging/prayer, and there were four pures there talking, and all meleeing. So when I get there, I start ranging and the pures were getting pretty angry that I was taking the giants. I was called a R4ng3r n00b about four times, a def nub a few times, a [kitty] and a nerd. It was funny, because I was being perfectly nice to them, and I got chewed out, because I clicked the giant faster than them. When I told one of them that I was just going to kill giants and mind my own business, he said, "Thts' cuz u r scaered i kill u in arena with my str def nub! pray is for nubz lol"

And they pretty much went on like that until I left. Now tell me those are the honorable, mature players you were talking about.

[/hide]

Well besides the actual fact that if there was 4 players already there, and a fifth stranger came in and started to range the giants, I would even get mad, whether or not I'd make comments about it is questionable. Though you do fail to realize that protruding on courtesy through RuneScape, like you did, without world hopping, is going to end up giving you flame, regardless of what type the player is.

you REALLY buy that? sorry, but their are plenty of pures left that are arrogant and quick to insult

I don't buy it, I know it. There still are players out there who will always be quick to insult, regardless of defense levels, or be arrogant, or think they are superior for having any one stat higher. It is my strong belief people only remember the 'pure' encounters more so than the 'mains' encounters, simply from past experience.

The riots haven't made any any impact so far...and I think theyre dying down because theyre too disgoranized. All they do is spam no pk no play, and their bark is worse than their bite. Right now in W1, there are around 15 people going around and spamming No Pk No Play and other anti-Jagex semantics. Note, "15 people." That shows how few people actually support the riots

Why even bother?

Lmao, people dont really find this stuff interesting, when to riots happen?

Never...

And when they do, they are well organised better than you are saying anyway..

My GamerTag: o NoToRiiOuS x

W00tpecker.png

-W00tpecker | 2069 Total | 86/90 Fishing | 80/90 Mining-