Riots WILL NOT WORK

Trollface

Riots will not work as long as people are not organized. The riots in W1 and 2 will not work, smply because it is a small minority rioting against Jagex. In w1 Varrock right now, there are about 20 people spamming "No pk no play", and in W2, i can see no riot at all. At this rate, the rioters will not pose any threat to Jagex. The amount of rioters will have to increase into the thousands, mabye into the tens of thousands. Note that the rioters cannot organize because of all the bickering that they do. So as long as the rioters are disorganized, they will pose no threat to Jagex.

The rioters will need to fulfill several conditions to restore the wildy:

1-Form a well-organized group of protestors, and spread themselves out all over Varrock Square to seem big

-Not likely to happen, as the best thing pkers do is argue and kill each other

2-Have the amount of protestors rise into the thousands in each worlds

-Only a small minority oppose the recent updates that much, or have gotten over it

3-Spread out the protest into other worlds instead of just 1 and 2, creating major lag, and fulfilling the conditions above

-Not very likely at all, based on the two condions above

Just my opinion about the riots

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure most people already knew this

Yes, without any organisation the riots will fail. If they haven't already done so, that is.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Think about it...

If you manage to arrange a huge riot on one server, it'll lag like crazy for the people who are in the crowded riot zone, and no-one else will be able to chat.

That's a pain for players who wanted to be in that place on that server. But it doesn't make the server go offline, so it doesn't bother Jagex in the slightest. That makes it pretty useless as a form of protest.

I do like riots for the community spirit, though. They're better than most minigames for that.

Riots are pointless and are something to be ignored, no matter how big. The only thing that would make Jagex turn back on a big decision that they are adamant about would be plummeting player numbers. And the thing is that the whole issue of the removal of Wilderness Pking isn't as widely opposed as some people seem to make out. Maybe it's the case that RS PKers, as a sub-culture, only really concern themselves with other PKers, so a PKer would find that everyone of his PKing friends agree with him/her and think that this is something that everybody in the game opposes.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I see a great irony here.

yelling "no pk no play"

hmmm yet surely to be on the game world to have a riot is a form of playing?

theiur "riot" failed before it even begun as they broke their threat by logigng in

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

My analogy on the situation: Those rioters are basically rioting at the base of a 10 story building, where there are 50 snipers on top of said building who can and will take them out at any time they want (the snipers being Jagex, of course).

I don't see why people think rioting will help. Jagex is a multi-million dollar business, regardless of which country your in or what currency you use. If you want to make Jagex listen, you need a lot more than 50 people; you'd need to get the whole server rioting, and several servers at that.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Even if it's an organised riots, it still won't work and will never pose a threat to Jagex. Heck even mods are asked to ignore it.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I see a great irony here.

yelling "no pk no play"

hmmm yet surely to be on the game world to have a riot is a form of playing?

theiur "riot" failed before it even begun as they broke their threat by logigng in

+1

Also, aren't they about seven months late?

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

Riots won't work full stop anyway, regardless of how well 'organised' they are.
exactly

but they are pretty funny to watch and i think a little free speech in a game which seems to be getting more and more censored isnt a bad thing, at least we havent degenerated into a Jagex police state... at least not yet

and anyway i doubt any act in game (aside from quitting) will really have any affect on any of the issuses these riots are usually about, pking aint coming back (broken record?) people should move on

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

It just makes me wonder what kind of stances people have in real life if they really believe riots don't do anything at all. Defeatist ftl? It's unlikely Jagex will bring back the wilderness as it was, but the riots DO bring attention to how players feel about it. Riots can't have complex messages, you can't control a crowd to same complicated stuff so they say "No wild, no pay, etc" to make a point.

Basically, almost all of Runescape doesn't require any sort of skill except clicking and resistance to boredom. Levels are basically representative of how efficiently and long you clicked, how resistant you are to repetitive activities, and how much time you are willing to waste on the game.

Pking, and staking were two activities that actually required certain abilities. For staking, you had to had a solid strategy, know the tricks, and know exactly what you are doing to win. People who become rich with staking weren't idiots. Pking wasn't as shiny, but it was an activity that had the potential to quicken your pulse, and basically nothing wrong with that. What doesn't make sense is a mmorpg without PK, it is a vital part of any mmorpg. BH and FoG just don't cut it.

2480+ total

It just makes me wonder what kind of stances people have in real life if they really believe riots don't do anything at all. Defeatist ftl? It's unlikely Jagex will bring back the wilderness as it was, but the riots DO bring attention to how players feel about it. Riots can't have complex messages, you can't control a crowd to same complicated stuff so they say "No wild, no pay, etc" to make a point.

Basically, almost all of Runescape doesn't require any sort of skill except clicking and resistance to boredom. Levels are basically representative of how efficiently and long you clicked, how resistant you are to repetitive activities, and how much time you are willing to waste on the game.

Pking, and staking were two activities that actually required certain abilities. For staking, you had to had a solid strategy, know the tricks, and know exactly what you are doing to win. People who become rich with staking weren't idiots. Pking wasn't as shiny, but it was an activity that had the potential to quicken your pulse, and basically nothing wrong with that. What doesn't make sense is a mmorpg without PK, it is a vital part of any mmorpg. BH and FoG just don't cut it.

If BH and FoG don't cut it, quit. I find it funny that pures have been running around for seven months saying they're going to quit, but are still around today to [bleep] and lower the overall intelligence of our already bad community. We don't need pures on RuneScape if all they're going to do is complain.

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

It isnt a real life riot though and as the main post suggets its a lack of organisation that makes these riots such a poor way to try and get any change

people are just standing around saying things, whats new and riotous about that? nothing, thats the difference between a real riot and a RS riot

its not like people with placards are marching up to Jagex hq, now that would make them pay attetion

a real RS riot (not that i am suggesting or in any way condoning one) would be for people to stop the rest of us going about our normal day by door spaming or such or finding a bug and having a mass abuse of it or all performing an action at the same time or such to produce world crippling lag(not really sure how you do that though)

if your form of protest is in no way disruptive which 99% of the current riots are they will achieve nothing

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

If BH and FoG don't cut it, quit.

That's your answer for everything, isn't it? "If you don't like it, quit". Wow, you sure are going to go far in life >__>

if your form of protest is in no way disruptive which 99% of the current riots are they will achieve nothing

The simple fact this thread exists, and that dozens other threads exist on other fansites is a proof that the riots did get people's attention, and that was the point.

2480+ total

If BH and FoG don't cut it, quit.

That's your answer for everything, isn't it? "If you don't like it, quit". Wow, you sure are going to go far in life >__>

The simple fact this thread exists, and that dozens other threads exist on other fansites is a proof that the riots did get people's attention, and that was the point.

Quitting a game and quitting say a job in the real world are two very different things. A game is for entertainment, and if you are not being entertained then why play?

Although theoretically you are right about the rioters, unfortunately many of the people participating DO think they can change the game and want MORE than just to be noticed.

I can stand i varrock and shout i need 1 million gp all day long and even though ill gain peoples attention its highly unlikely that ill get that mil

granted getting peoples attention is step one but seeming as nothing is being done with it afterwards is proof nothing will get done at all the very point of this thread