The Video Games & Consoles Index

Abelmisi

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a DS, but there's few gamesI have interest in. Right now I'm just waiting for Line Rider DS. Still TBA, though, I think...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I'm in a pickle. Game recommendations, forthwith!

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

Oblivion and Call of Duty 4.

You never listen!

Yes, yes, yes, but it's the whole "parental crackdown" that's suddenly taken place. If I had tried about 2 months ago for either one, it probably would have been a-go. Forsight's not what it used to be. All of a tither, my mom especially and now my dad, who seemed pretty lax about the whole deal, have taken up a suddenl policy of "anti-M". I try to explain about how video games don't cause violence, I can differentiate between reality and a game, etc. but nothing works.

So I guess I should have clarified "game recommendations rated T because I've absolutely no idea what there is for that". Now I suppose I could try again, especially since COD may be something my dad would play, too...

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Oblivion and Call of Duty 4.

You never listen!

Yes, yes, yes, but it's the whole "parental crackdown" that's suddenly taken place. If I had tried about 2 months ago for either one, it probably would have been a-go. Forsight's not what it used to be. All of a tither, my mom especially and now my dad, who seemed pretty lax about the whole deal, have taken up a suddenl policy of "anti-M". I try to explain about how video games don't cause violence, I can differentiate between reality and a game, etc. but nothing works.

So I guess I should have clarified "game recommendations rated T because I've absolutely no idea what there is for that". Now I suppose I could try again, especially since COD may be something my dad would play, too...

Call of Duty 4 has a "M" rating, but isn't even close to it. I'd call it "T." How can saving the world from a Russian be "M" rated? I bet everyone has seen war fighting on tv at least once.

I've tried that argument for other games, namely Gears of War. The result? The very close call of almost having my television privileges revoked. She's like an impenetrable fortress immune to...well, something...not argument, not reason, can't think of the word.

The funny thing is, though, that I'm allowed pretty much any T game without question. Like Overlord (great game btw, you guys should buy it. Maybe then I'd be able to find a multiplayer match....), which has tons of sexual innuendo; in fact, there's an achievment for buying things for your tower for your mistress, and she rewards you with it. The "Mistress Master" achievement. And then of course there's the endless slaughtering of peasants I had to do to achieve 100% corruption, which was not unlike the slaughter of people in GTA, just less bloody and more medival. So logic doesn't come into play that much.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I've tried that argument for other games, namely Gears of War. The result? The very close call of almost having my television privileges revoked. She's like an impenetrable fortress immune to...well, something...not argument, not reason, can't think of the word.

The funny thing is, though, that I'm allowed pretty much any T game without question. Like Overlord (great game btw, you guys should buy it. Maybe then I'd be able to find a multiplayer match....), which has tons of sexual innuendo; in fact, there's an achievment for buying things for your tower for your mistress, and she rewards you with it. The "Mistress Master" achievement. And then of course there's the endless slaughtering of peasants I had to do to achieve 100% corruption, which was not unlike the slaughter of people in GTA, just less bloody and more medival. So logic doesn't come into play that much.

*Ask for some money and buys Call of Duty 4 for you*

*Changes Rating to "T"*

*Gives game to Lenin*

*Feels satisfyed that he did something good in life*

Wait, this just reminded me... Does that mean you can't Play halo 3 now?

Damn, my parents (mainly my dad) used to be just like that just months ago. They still are. But they understand that these games aren't as bad as they appear to be, and are more lenient of getting me M games (provided that they look into them extensively).

Try a site like Common Sense Media which goes down into every detail on what gameplay is like. My dad uses this site religiously to look into the games that I want to get. Then they can see, for example, that Call of Duty 4 doesn't have much blood in it (it is extremely realistic though), and that Oblivion has virtually no excessively explicit content in it, and that the only reason it has sexual content in it (you asked about this before) is because of the fact that you can strip enemies down to their undergarments (in a woman's case her bra and panties).

Damn, my parents (mainly my dad) used to be just like that just months ago. They still are. But they understand that these games aren't as bad as they appear to be, and are more lenient of getting me M games (provided that they look into them extensively).

Try a site like Common Sense Media which goes down into every detail on what gameplay is like. My dad uses this site religiously to look into the games that I want to get. Then they can see, for example, that Call of Duty 4 doesn't have much blood in it (it is extremely realistic though), and that Oblivion has virtually no excessively explicit content in it, and that the only reason it has sexual content in it (you asked about this before) is because of the fact that you can strip enemies down to their undergarments (in a woman's case her bra and panties).

And who would want to do that ;)

jking, but I know some that would... You remember my friend Jack... He would.

Wait, this just reminded me... Does that mean you can't Play halo 3 now?

No, it seems only new purchases are affected.

And I'll have to try out that common sense media, thanks.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif