FUN Money Making

heavyc1

Hello everybody!

I've been playing for a while now. Up until recently, I've survived on barely 100k. Then, I got lucky with some treasure trails and got my first million coins. Shortly after, I became obsessed with making money. I tried many ways, tanning dragonhides was my first money-maker. I also slayed some Tree Spirits at the Enchanted Valley. At this point, I had around four million coins. I wanted MOAR!

So I devised a new plan, one that would (theoretically) net me 800k+ per hour! HAHA! I was going to make Bones to Peaches tablets. The problem: I had 30 Construction, and had not done a single activity at the Mage Training Arena. After a few days, I had finally unlocked the Bones to Peaches spell. Next: 67 Construction.

I blew millions on this. I ran out of money at 60 Construction. I used Evil Stews to finally build my Mahogany Eagle Lectern. FINALLY! So I made tablets, tablets, tablets. Of course, I have a tiny attention span, and I quit after two hours. :lol:

Now I had about 1.5 million, which I promptly spent on an Abyssal Whip. So now, I'm nearly broke, with around 300k. So I need some suggestions to get some of my money back. Remember, I have a terrible attention span. I simply can't mine 10000 ores, smith 5000 bars, or make 1000 potions.

Here are my stats:

Attack 70

Defence 70

Strength 68

Hitpoints 70

Ranged 62

Prayer 53

Magic 69

Cooking 65

Woodcutting 71

Fletching 49

Fishing 61

Firemaking 67

Crafting 61

Smithing 52

Mining 63

Herblore 46

Agility 50

Thieving 54

Slayer 42

Farming 40

Runecraft 44

Hunter 40

Construction 60

Summoning 41

Any suggestions for making money in a way that is FUN? Thank you :)

Heavyc1.png

heavyc1.png

Thanks Draynor.net!

i find half the fun succeding in my goals and gaining lvls ::' so i make cballs, excellent money!!! well, kindve boring, but if i want money fast ill always go back to cballs

Well, Cannonballs ain't Fast/Fun. With 13K exp an hour & slightly 40K gp. Wewt? :lol:

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

i find half the fun succeding in my goals and gaining lvls ::' so i make cballs, excellent money!!! well, kindve boring, but if i want money fast ill always go back to cballs

Well, Cannonballs ain't Fast/Fun. With 13K exp an hour & slightly 40K gp. Wewt? :lol:

have yo ever tried cballs before? by the standars that you're saying it doesnt seem you have, i smith roughly 1k bars per hour, time 4 cballs is 4k balls, = 200kftw? and u never said cballs were fun.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Last summer i Did this from 50 to 70 smithing... over a month of cballs... very boring but you must find ways to not making it boring but DONT break any rules. When I did it i was with a friend who was going for 99 smithing on cballs and I stayed with him for that month. Have a good group of friends to chat to in clan chat or have friends who want to smith so you can chat with them. There are many other things that help pass time but Im not going to name them. Btw When I did this I went from around 200k to 9M in coins so it is good money and when I did it cballs were traded normally before G.E. and were sold at around 185gp ea with steel bars being 600-625gp ea. With prices now you can make alot more!

Best of Luck to you!

S.

Rightofwrong.png

Well fast and fun moneymaking can't come together.

I have 600K atm, and I fish some swordfish and tuna's.

You can try 50 barrow runs, and get lucky with a Barrow drop.

Try killing some drags (green ftw)

Since you got a whip, get some nice slayer tasks. You might find some nice drops

Make cballs

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

It's up to you to decide what's fun and what's not.

But here is a list of multitask-friendly moneymaking activities:

Manage thy kingdom

cannonballs

farming ranarrs

mining pure ess

fishing

cutting yews

standing around doing nothing while wearing ava's accumulator :lol:

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

For fun moneymaking I'd try treasure trailing. The money might not be altogether predictable but at least you get a lot of variety. It sounds like you'd have the skill requirements to get around most of the map fairly quickly, and the more you do the faster you get. Just don't get discouraged by a dry streak, you have to do a few to get something good (and you'll get lots of gilded flatpacks for your house...).

For more of a long term project I'd try training slayer....

(And MTK - a free 500k every week)

Teatonev.png

Teatonev.png

Cannonballs are always good for making money, and there are always a good amount of sellers of steel bars and buyers of cannonballs. It can be boring though, but if you have a good network of friends to chat to while you do, you can keep the boredom to a limit.

Another good one is barrows and this actually is fun, especially if you do it with friends. But, sometimes you might not make money, sometimes you will.

I think the best way, is for you to try a wide variety of ways and find one that suits you, and your attention span.

You could get to Slayer 58 (by doing Slayer of course) and then kill Cave Horrors, I dont do this often enough and have only have had 1 Black Mask drop (but I have only killed about 100). Black Mask's are always in demand, as they have a low alch value (so you lose on death over most things) and more people are learning of the perks of slayer every day. I would reckon you could get 1 mask per hour, or even 1 every 2 hours - And with masks destined for 800k value, you could earn some really good cash from this.

Basically - Im a slayer nut, so any ideas from me must always include slayer...

S_redpath.png

http://hiscore.runescape.com/hiscorepersonal.ws?user1=s_redpath

RS History - Played for 2 months in 2005 (and was awful), Then Rejoined on January 1st 2008 - And not a moment has been wasted.

this is what im doin at the moment i am gettin the levels to do different moneymaking things for ex. im gettin 44 rc and 33 farm atm and i can already get red chins kill green drags wc yews/mages and make c balls that way when i get bored of one way i can go do another keeping a variety makes it less boring

hey i have exactly the same problem my main trained mage from 65 to 80 and spent god-knows-how-much money :lol:

although if you want to have fun i recommend a few hours of grinding at any of your higher money making lvls, and then just do some resarch and merch in ge. 8-)

For example i brought tons of air runes few weeks ago and sold them all at max price.. .I was at cw goofing off and i made like half a million in about an hour :shock: rite now most of my incom comes from ge and i'm able to support both of my characters :)

There is a risk though you gotta do some research and look at charts and figure out whats going to rise and wts going to go down. If you item goes down u gotta wait for it to go back up. As u are not good at that i would say go with low priced items like runes and stuff cuse those don't fluctuate often...

And i think dragon hunting or slayer is pretty fun and ok money making

Pemdas14.png

shame on all you people who call others noobs

You could get to Slayer 58 (by doing Slayer of course) and then kill Cave Horrors, I dont do this often enough and have only have had 1 Black Mask drop (but I have only killed about 100). Black Mask's are always in demand, as they have a low alch value (so you lose on death over most things) and more people are learning of the perks of slayer every day. I would reckon you could get 1 mask per hour, or even 1 every 2 hours - And with masks destined for 800k value, you could earn some really good cash from this.

Basically - Im a slayer nut, so any ideas from me must always include slayer...

Black masks drop more closely to 1:400 than 1:100.

barrows are fun and average for money making =) or u could train up and tackle the gwd

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

When you say 'fun money making', do you mean in the game or out of it?. If in the game such does not exist [to my knowledge].

But out of the game you can try listening to music, watching video's on your iPod or other device (the fit perfectly on the black but when you play RuneScape ;) , so you can see both, assuming you have are using a Laptop), reading e-books on the web and other things, just to name a few. Be creative with what you do. There are many possibilities :mrgreen: .

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Music and videos do help very much :)

By "fun", I mean things that aren't repetitive, like Treasure Trails and questing rather than alching ten million bows :P

Thanks for the ideas! I'm going to Ranarr farm while hunting, and *possibly* attempt Barrows.

For Slayer, I'm actually planning to finish Smoking Kills (which I have been delaying) before continuing training.

Heavyc1.png

heavyc1.png

Thanks Draynor.net!

Music and videos do help very much :)

By "fun", I mean things that aren't repetitive, like Treasure Trails and questing rather than alching ten million bows :P

Thanks for the ideas! I'm going to Ranarr farm while hunting, and *possibly* attempt Barrows.

For Slayer, I'm actually planning to finish Smoking Kills (which I have been delaying) before continuing training.

Ah, I see.

Treasure trails would definitely fall into your category then, as they take you all over RuneScape, but they are not 100% reliable, as they do not always bring great rewards.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg