Dynamic Signature Discussion

Instead of having TIPS, or Rune Tips in the icon, just have TIF in the icon, while making it a watermark or transparent. Three letters are easier to read than 4 characters or 8 characters.

If it's transparent you could easily get it to be a little larger, but be in the top right corner of the signature, or in along with the stats.

Think that might work better...though someone making another one from The Gallery is pretty good to, tell them to make it transparent?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good but it's nothing special, I suggest adding something "new" to them that haven't been done before.

Any suggestions? :P

Sorry for late response :oops:.

Well there is a lot that could be "unique", like Tipit ranks in them, post count (...). Like someone else suggest, the ability to upload one of your own images/poses with the stats above.

igsig.png

Well there is a lot that could be "unique", like Tipit ranks in them, post count (...). Like someone else suggest, the ability to upload one of your own images/poses with the stats above.

Now that was a good idea, let us add our forum names and display our Tip.It name, post count, clan and preferred forum skin.

I know someone's gonna try to flame me for saying this... But... I think that the upcoming Tip.It Sigs could stand to grow about 22 pixels (possibly 44, depending on design) in height, and have a small shift-around of items. :P ....... Would definitely provide the extra room for all these desired items. :thumbsup:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I know someone's gonna try to flame me for saying this... But... I think that the upcoming Tip.It Sigs could stand to grow about 22 pixels (possibly 44, depending on design) in height, and have a small shift-around of items. :P ....... Would definitely provide the extra room for all these desired items. :thumbsup:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Adding 44 pixels in height would make then 6 pixels bellow the Tip.It hight limit, so no goal sigs could be put under it, plus that would make it to large for lots of other forums just by itself.

Now that was a good idea, let us add our forum names and display our Tip.It name, post count, clan and preferred forum skin.

I suppose the problem would be space, and the fact it's pointing out the blatantly obvious on the signature's left-hand side.

The idea of having a signature with a Crew rank does, however, appeal to me. Fear my siggy. :P

Yeah 44 would be way to high, 20-22 works but I don't think that would look very appealing either.

About the logo "problem" I think it could look good if it's on low opacity on the background under the stats itself?

igsig.png

<<<Quote Snip>>>

Adding 44 pixels in height would make then 6 pixels bellow the Tip.It hight limit, so no goal sigs could be put under it, plus that would make it to large for lots of other forums just by itself.

Well, I see your memory is totally shot... First off, Tip.It's signature images height limit is '200 pixels'. Second off, there are goal siggys out there that will still fit within a '46 pixel' remaining limit, and do rather well. ::'

Need I say more? :-s

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Well, I see your memory is totally shot... First off, Tip.It's signature images height limit is '200 pixels'. Second off, there are goal siggys out there that will still fit within a '46 pixel' remaining limit, and do rather well. ::'

Lol opps, I accidentally added it to the width instead of the height ...

I personally find it unattractive and distracting :ohnoes:

Example:

examplepa9.png

Could I ask you to try that image again, but with transparency applied to the Tip.It Logo first, on its' own layer? I think you might like it after making it semi-transparent. :-k

~D. V. Devnull

Dev, a bad idea is bad no matter how many times you try and make it work. I'm with Tripsis, it looks so small and blurry it just looks out of place with the sharpness of the rest of the sig.

We could just put a bold outline on it to make it sharper then.

Eg.

Before----->After

3.png3.png

Although...having seen the two side by side...i'm leaning towards the "No Logo, just TIP.IT in text" side of the arguement :|

<*DVD has just fallen off his seat, laughing hard...*>

Devnull if you suggest moving around parts of the signatures at this stage then it's possible that I'll kill everyone who has posted in this topic. :D

LOL :lol: ... Why kill us? Sometimes it takes about 20 beta versions (yes, that many, I'm not joking, just look at FireFox and other browsers) before you get the one that sticks like spaghetti to the wall surface, and actually works!!! :thumbsup: ....... BTW, I think we've only been through about 8 betas, so far. :D

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

<*DVD has just fallen off his seat, laughing hard...*>

Devnull if you suggest moving around parts of the signatures at this stage then it's possible that I'll kill everyone who has posted in this topic. :D

LOL :lol: ... Why kill us? Sometimes it takes about 20 beta versions (yes, that many, I'm not joking, just look at FireFox and other browsers) before you get the one that sticks like spaghetti to the wall surface, and actually works!!! :thumbsup: ....... BTW, I think we've only been through about 8 betas, so far. :D

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Yes, and Firefox has how many people on it's development team? #-o

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Yes, and Firefox has how many people on it's development team? #-o

Yes, it is true that FireFox's Dev. Team is a lot larger... :)

This means that, seeing as Tip.It's Signature Dev. Team is a lot smaller, yet has an extremely healthy userbase providing suggestions, it may take a keg more beta versions and previews of the potential final product before one is produced that happens to work for everyone. ::'

I guess for now, until someone comes up with a better image, we might as well go with a text-based mention of Tip.It ... Still, I feel that having the appropriate image would have been cooler, but I guess that's just me ... -.-

~D. V. Devnull

we might as well go with a text-based mention of Tip.It ... Still, I feel that having the appropriate image would have been cooler, but I guess that's just me ... -.-

I really think that just the text in some unique shape or form would provide enough 'credit' and 'advertisement' that the signatures deserve. In the long-run I can see someone on the team working on it when there's not a lot going on behind the scenes, or as Tripsis said just getting someone from The Gallery to create a version.

Either one of those is probably the best solution. What we should be discussing is what it would look like and how it would be designed if person X did indeed make a personal sig icon. As it's obviously not going to work with the current logo.

Yeah 44 would be way to high, 20-22 works but I don't think that would look very appealing either.

About the logo "problem" I think it could look good if it's on low opacity on the background under the stats itself?

Did everyone miss that suggestion? Could someone test it out? I can't as the logo would appear over the digits if I tried it out.

igsig.png

Did everyone miss that suggestion? Could someone test it out? I can't as the logo would appear over the digits if I tried it out.

I suggested that too, but no one was willing to try it. -.-

~D. V. Devnull

~D. V. Devnull

Oh, didn't read the older pages just number 1,2 and this one, sorry. Meh, I wish I had the .psd document :| (If it is in that format).

igsig.png

~D. V. Devnull

Errrrr!!11!1!!1 We already tried putting a semi transparent (Translucent) logo behind the stats and people didn't like it. Are you people totally oblivious to what was discussed in the first topic?

<<<Quote Snip>>>

Errrrr!!11!1!!1 We already tried putting a semi transparent (Translucent) logo behind the stats and people didn't like it. Are you people totally oblivious to what was discussed in the first topic?

Eh, my mistake... I got this confused with the transparent logo above certain other features. :oops: (And I've been reading this whole thread.)

~D. V. Devnull

Small Tipit log behind the character itself (On out right side) on about 50% transparency?

That might work, but I'm not totally sure. I'd need to see some renders before I could really know. :-k

~D. V. Devnull