Old school members

Dbzruler72

Some clans have started in 2001, others just started this year. Do you remember the first members of your clan? These veterans, or old school members, are experienced in both warring & the mechanics of the clan.

How many old school members does your clan have left? Would your clan be better with more veterans?

I certainly remember my first clan members. There are other veterans, but we have only one five+ year member left.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I haven't been in any one clan for that long, but there is a core group of members from my first clan who stuck together for a very long time (basically until quitting RS).

There were maybe a dozen members in my first clan, Empire of Falador, who eventually left for our allies, The Death Squad, and formed an integral part of that clan's member base. After TDS closed ~8 months after most of the EoF people had arrived, maybe half of them progressively joined the subsequent clan, Clan Forbidden. Sadly CF closed about 10 months later, but soon after TDS re-opened, and again drew many of those same people who were in EoF so long ago. As you may have guessed, TDS closed, and some of those members went to TDS's ally, Dragonwood (where I still am today). Unfortunately at this point I'm the last one standing in DW. It is nice, however, that for a period of 3-4 years (ended only by retirement from RS, usually) we had so many people stick together through all those different clans. Many of them have been my best RS friends, and that alone made it all worthwhile.

My current clan, DW, is a little over 4 years old now (I believe), and we actually have a pretty nice amount of members who have been there for several years.

Gladz still has quite a few old members. Around 10 probably attend wars and such with an extra 10-15 who browse the boards.

When I mean old school, I mean from around 2004-2006 when we were on top of our game, there's probably only 2-4 members who were from 2001 now :oops:.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Faith has got about 10-15 old-school members. The clan is about one and a half year old, but I think they're old-school because they applied in the first month. ;)

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

My clan, TRWF, is closing in on 6 years now.

There are 3 people still around from that time, one's a moderator, the other one is slightly unactive, and I'm a Future Applicant :lol:

It be nice to have some old faces return, but seeing so much has chanced since then, specially in warring, I doubt they'd have much experience.

I'll take me as example: Played alot in RSC and early RS2, warring and stuff, before 'tanking' was needed. When I came back, I was amazed at how organised wars had become, as a result I always get KO'd now :(

In my clan, which is an rsof clan, It would be hard to define their veteran players since it has been destroyed then revived countless times (I was there from the 2nd one, which died when the leader quit, then revived whe she came back, then destroyed because of "drama" from the other members, then got revived by one of the co-leaders, who is now studying for his finals, making it unactive). With lots older clan members (I mean they have been in the clan longest) it gives newcomers the feeling that they are already a good team and have good connections.

Well, I've only ever been in one clan, the Death Shredders, but it had a tendency to just go on pking trips. the first was fun, because it was new, the other trips after that.. got a little old since we never seemed to find anyone. =/

And that was right before one of my *get bored with rs now, taking 5 month break*

So when I came back, I don't know if they even still exist, and if they do, I'm definitely sure that I'm off this list. Been thinking about another clan for a while, but one that's more balanced and into things like just talking while skilling instead of solid pk trips.

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

My Clan has been off again, on again for the past few years. It's lain dormant for about 2 years how, but an original member and I are restarting it again in the following weeks

Mikel2311-Saris_night.gif

funnysigzl9.jpg

Dragon Drops: 2 x Dragon Legs, Dragon Spear

I've been around for a very long time but i've never really been involved in clans at all.

I have a lot of friends I talk to and do stuff with but not part of a clan where things are planned.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This really old clan I joined in 2004, there's still 3 people who play RuneScape from it. The four of us are really tight and are very great friends, I'd put my life in their arms to be honest.

Other than that, there's just a few old friends, but no one I really connected with is left.

The Dec. 10th. 07. update really took 130 people of my friend list into the 'quit area'. Really depressing to see so many friends quit so fast, it's hard to get over.

Oh well, still got tons to look forward to.

i joined my first in 2003, sotn (slayers of the night) and theres only 3 old schoolers left, me, bsa32, and xguy92x1

we had to shut it down due to inactivity about 2 years ago..

my next clan sd( scorched devils, there are only 4 old schoolers there including me ( there are 5 members that still play after we shut it down, but mikel was relitivly new )

Well. my clan started in August of 06, and its still partially active but ya, i remember, it was me, Scotty 430, Viper 67, and Jester 1919 (we lost him to WoW but we still sometimes talk cause its Viper's bro)

I was around lvl 60-70 when we started , i never thought we would have the clan this long, but we did :P and now we all (except Scott) are higher than lvl 100+

"I will never falter, ill stand my ground"

I am, I believe, the OLDEST member of Tal Shiar Alliance...both longest running member and oldest in age....

Briefly: I started in a small irc based clan called ChillSpot (now just a normal irc channel with very few people still playing RS inhabiting it). After inactivity of that clan I found out about Brothor being started up with most people being from another online game called Dawn of Myth. Nightshade (aka TS_Stormrage), Messiah (aka Messiah2k02) and Lendosan (RSN unknown) headed up the clan and it was decent enough. Good interesting group of members. But fighting amongst the leaders and other problems lead to a split and Tal Shiar Alliance was born with Nightshade heading it. By the way, Nightshade writes many TipIt Times articles and Did You Knows so go check them out!

Anyway, I followed through these three clans until now and still am a proud TSA member as my siggy shows. :)

tifsiggy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Are you even older then me then, Taraka? I mean I turn 27 in a few days, but...

Anywho, you definitly play RS longer then I do...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!