Best Star Wars Video game?

ShadowSam19

There have inummerable ones, and im interested here some other peoples thought. I myself have played many, and have listed them and my opinions.

Battlefront: My fav sw game right now, has awesome multiplayer, and many vehicle (all flying, many tanks, and the big and little walkers) and charactors to play as (including jetpackers), plus dozens of great maps. Needed playable Jedi tho :? I eagerly await Battlefront 2

Kotor: just played alittle, but i loved it. Great how it takes alot of planning and thinking, plus the story was pretty good. Im sure i would have had a blast if i got to play it more.

Galaxies: Never played this, but i really would like to have. I dont pay for online games tho...(im ftp) It looked like a great game, plus i liked all the stuff i saw about it.

Republic Commando: Played this only a little, and it seemed okay. It had great graphics, but the gameplay seemed to straightforward ie...walk here kill everyone, walk here, kill everyone, etc. I might have been better if i played it more.

Galatic Battlegrounds: Havent played this forever, but it was pretty fun, since there are so many different things to build and use, hundreds of different units. Especially fun using cheat codes to make massive armies and own the comp

II: Pretty fun, but too simple and over quickly

III: Very fun, great moves and lightsaber battling, cool dueling

Jedi PowerBattles (?): Dunno wat this is called exatly, it was on dreamcast i think, very fun, based on the phantom menace, had great lvls and charactors, and an awesome duel mode with every droid (including droideka) and all the jedi in that film.

Lego Starwars (newest one): Suprisingly fun, huge amount of playable charactors, making for extra fun

Other: Havent played much of the rouge squandron, but they seemed pretty solid, dunno wat others i missed, but feel free to discuss, argue, etc.

ShadowSam19.png

all of those are good games...could u give me more info on eps III im thinking of buying it but i dont wanna waste my money after wasting it on eps II, are there a wide variety of characters?(playable in multi) and also a very good game is jedi outcast jedi knights...a very liked game among star wars fans...solid story line...solid weapon and saber selections...it takes place of the new republic (after episode VI) i suggest u play it...its quiet long ...a good game but the only bad part about it is...once its over...nothing better to do...but play multiplayer with ur friends...

~ZeLoT~

all of those are good games...could u give me more info on eps III im thinking of buying it but i dont wanna waste my money after wasting it on eps II, are there a wide variety of characters?(playable in multi)

~ZeLoT~

Episode 3 is pretty good, much much better then episode 2

U can play as a wide variety of Jedi and General Grevious, and the duel mode is alot of fun, I personally think its worth buying, but thats just me

ShadowSam19.png

I'm a real flight sim junkie. So I'd have to say my favorite game I've played is X-Wing Alliance. It has a nice plot AND you get to blow up tie fighters! Anyway, it's a good game, it's the story of Ace Azzameen, a merchanter's son. After his family is killed by the Empire (or something like that), hejoins the rebellion, and you ultimately take down the Death Star in the end.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

I liked Jedi Academy (one step up from Outcast with a few other "nice" things to have - specials, etc.) One of my favorites for a *long* time was Rebellion - a Star Wars RTS with mostly space combat, and a sort of "Risk" type galaxy takeover game (terrible description! lol). Empires at War (coming Fall '05) is the newer version of it, it seems, except with ground battles too. :)

Also had some fun with Force Commander but that got old pretty quick. Jedi PowerBattles I played on PS and had fun with that too, only I never got that far.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

KotOR is a really good game, ive played through and went with the dark side. The story is really good, and builds up to a big suprise at the end that you shouldnt see coming, although i did..

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol:

Basically any of hte dark forces...dark forces 1(no light saber:|), dark forces 2 (AKA Jedi Knight), first ever one where you ran around with lightsaber(i think), jedi knight 2(Dark forces 3 imo), jedi academy PWNS! I saw and old star wars and wnated to play it, and i still am...

CODE: [cabbage] PLUS ~ while in game

type: g_saberrealisticcombat 9

ITS SWEET! You cut off heads and stuff :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader for the Gamecube. It's original 'killer app'. It is brilliant. The final fight against the death star, you and a few other ships against two super star destroyers and more ties than they can fit on the screen. Then the race to kill the death star with lando and the falcon. the stuff of dreams.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

My favourite is Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Crap storyline, but it was a great fun game. I think that JK3 spoiled it all.

I've not liked any of the KOTOR ones, NWN took D&D in the wrong direction and they just took it even further.

I didn't really like BattleFront because I don't really like games where you just respawn all the time just to defeat more enemies. Kinda why I don't like Halo too.

My favorites though would be Rogue Squadron for the N64, Jedi Power Battles for the PS1 and the empire strikes for the SNES.

Jedi Power Battles was the best out of the 4.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

For me my favorite star wars game was star wars galaxies. That was just an unfathomably fun game for me, it was so open ended. So I cut myself off from playing it after a month to save myself from 'social suicide.' :lol:

And I also loved knights of the old republic. It had a great story and I liked the option of being dark or light sided.

My favourite is Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Crap storyline, but it was a great fun game. I think that JK3 spoiled it all.

What you mean JK3? Jedi Academy?

Jedi Academy had some fun levels, good action and saber fights but I just didn't like it. Hit and miss levels, you didn't play as Kyle Katarn, and there was no story...It was just not as fun.

Jedi Outcast however kept me busy in multiplayer for months, and it was one of the games I've played more of online than anything. I actually liked the story, or atleast it worked, and the action was really great. It was mostly solid though for the multi.

Jedi Knight one was perhaps the most complete storywise of the bunch, plus it had extremely fun levels, lots of saber duels, it was really quite solid.

Mysteries of the Sith wasn't bad, again you didn't play as Kyle but atleast you partially did. Levels were again, sort of hit and miss, but the story was acceptable. It was pretty ok (the last 3 levels owned).

Dark Forces was what got me into gaming, first FPS I ever played, and I played it SO MUCH. I must have been through each level dozens, maybe hundreds of times as I had no other games at that time, or for 3 years after that for that matter. I could still tell you exactly where to go and what to do and how best to play it. It had possibly the funnest level of any game, ever, and Kyle Katarn was all bitter and snap-talky, and it was just pure fun before he got Force powers. This way they concentrated on the weapon combat a lot, and it had by far the best weapons of any game. I probably had the most fun with this one.

So to recep: Jedi Outcast for multiplayer, Jedi Knight for story, and Dark Forces for all around glory.

I also have KOTOR, which I haven't ever played. Maybe its good, who knows.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I also have KOTOR, which I haven't ever played. Maybe its good, who knows.

Play it. It's good. 8)

If you're into open endedness and exploring and the closest simulation to actually being in the world of star wars without it being online (star wars galaxies), you'll love it. There's so many ways to go about that game.