[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! Damn Valve for not rewarding cheaters!

How is it cheating?

Its just like sitting in a server, but with this you dont have 100+ servers with idlers.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yeah! Damn Valve for not rewarding cheaters!

All they do is reduce the CPU/GPU usage on your PC, and means you don't have to find an idle server with free spots. Although idling never got me anything new. Meh.

EDIT:

We realize there is a high level of demand for items, and we're still working on systems to allow you to find them in new ways (via Trading, and crafting duplicates into desired items). However, we need to draw the line at running external applications.

(via Trading, and crafting duplicates into desired items)

crafting duplicates into desired item

[bleep]ing win!

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I idled, but I only got duplicates which I removed so I lost nothing. Didn't get the Halo, but it doesn't bother me. Apparently you can still see it when disguised as spy D:

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

My girlfriend got a halo as she hasnt used an idle program, so there I was going to look into my inventory and I'm greeted by a "You've been naughty so your items and [cabbage] have gone, also, no halo for you!" message from valve.

Wahh :( They look pretty cool too.

you think they look cool?! really?!

Also when you cloak as a spy they stay visible, so... yeah, nice hat.

Honestly, this has got to be the most catastrophically bad handling of a situation EVER. Leaving aside my personal feelings for valve (Circling the drain), they've made a mountain out of a molehill at the very least.

Tk5SF.png

I don't get why they waited like 5 months to say it wasn't allowed. If they would have just said not to use it or there would be consequences when it came out they could have avoided all this. Now they just split the community in half, all because of something cosmetic that doesn't affect gameplay in any way. Good job valve.

soldersig.jpg

Or you could have, you know, just played the game for what it was. Honestly I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Whoah, whoah, just calm down.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Or you could have, you know, just played the game for what it was. Honestly I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Same. I still keep mah sandvich, thank Comrade Stalin. :P

You gotta love Kritzkreig... Was playing Heavy today in the last round of Dustbowl, the BLU team did a last-second push, everyone was there...and my fellow medic activated Kritz...

T'was awesome. =P~

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't get why they waited like 5 months to say it wasn't allowed. If they would have just said not to use it or there would be consequences when it came out they could have avoided all this. Now they just split the community in half, all because of something cosmetic that doesn't affect gameplay in any way. Good job valve.

In all honesty though I think maybe they were going to see how many actually used it. It probably took a bit of time to get a good way to flag peoples accounts as well. It would have been nice to deal with it sooner but in the end it doesn't even matter.

People getting all up in arms about it are just stupid though. I lost a hat (A crappy hat, but a hat) and I'm not complaining. I find the entire situation hilarious really. Valve are, honest to god, the best internet trolls ever.

I'm sure this entire thing will die down though. Obviously everyone who used an idle program should have known that there may have been a risk in using it, and I used it knowing that full well.

People getting all up in arms about it are just stupid though. I lost a hat (A crappy hat, but a hat) and I'm not complaining. I find the entire situation hilarious really. Valve are, honest to god, the best internet trolls ever.

yeah I've gotta admit, trolling 10k people at once is pretty [bleep]ing epic.

Tk5SF.png

yeah I've gotta admit, trolling 10k people at once is pretty [bleep] epic.

Yes it is through it needs to be topped. :twisted:

Dizzle the thing is, valve never said anything about the idle program ( you can still idle on achievement_idle servers, join them, most people have halos, ironic, no?) and then all of a sudden we're all cheaters. They shouldn't have waited so long to do something about it, because of the fact they never commented on it people just assumed they didn't care.

soldersig.jpg

Dizzle the thing is, valve never said anything about the idle program ( you can still idle on achievement_idle servers, join them, most people have halos, ironic, no?) and then all of a sudden we're all cheaters. They shouldn't have waited so long to do something about it, because of the fact they never commented on it people just assumed they didn't care.

But it is in fact an external thing, not part of the game. Tbh I don't know why they allow achievement servers at all, they're so goddam cheap. I also don't know whether or not they should do something about server admins making their server say theres 27 people when really there's 2 :wall:

P.S. They really are epic. Remember back when they uploaded that vid and forgot to make it private? They gave themselves the "Fail" achievement on their site :lol:

P.S.S. Why is the title now "The TF2 Thread - Halo 4 !"?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

But it is in fact an external thing, not part of the game. Tbh I don't know why they allow achievement servers at all, they're so goddam cheap. I also don't know whether or not they should do something about server admins making their server say theres 27 people when really there's 2 :wall:

P.S. They really are epic. Remember back when they uploaded that vid and forgot to make it private? They gave themselves the "Fail" achievement on their site :lol:

P.S.S. Why is the title now "The TF2 Thread - Halo 4 !"?

Because non-idlers got a Halo (4 is after 3, gotcha?)

I wasn't asking for an explanation, I kinda made the connection just like everone else, but does it really warrant a thread name change? Hell, why can't it just be: The TF2 Thread?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.