[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

Anyone want to sell me a Bills hat for 6 keys? I'm trying to get my friend one for his birthday. Also looking for lime green paint, whatever that may cost.

Yeah I do, I think there's still a like to my profile in my sig. Add me.

Adding you. My keys unlock tomorrow night.

I opened my first crate today. Got the Heavy Toque hat, which was disappointing. I'll be lucky to get 2 refined for it now. Also made a bad trade for my Milkman. Got a strange Mad Milk and a strange l'etranger. I still made a profit, but they'll be a pain to sell.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why use the FaN? Isn't the vanilla scattergun the best weapon by far? I can understand the triple jump, but thats quite situational.

Scattergun or Shortstop are the only ones worth using imo.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeah, I prefer the scatter gun over anything.

Shortstop is nice in certain situations, though.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I generally switch mad milk and crit o cola a lot.

If Engies are being especially annoying, I put on bonk.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I use the FaN now and then. Used to be insane with it as it was the only scout weapon I'd use. Then i got the S.Scattergun which helped as I burned thru ammo too fast and occasionally missed.

Popoto.~<3

FaN is perfect for close quarters, small engagements - like the last stage of Thunder mountain in the tunnels or the last area of Mann Manor.

But scattergun is a good all_rounder so I use that the most; and I have used and been good with all three.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't even have a shortstop, so I don't really know how good it is. That and I'm a sucker for the triple jump. I triple jump EVERYTHING.

It has its uses in medium+long range combat, plus the ability to heal yourself with Mad Milk, but it uses too much of a different strategy than Scatter/FaN layouts plus the gun was nerfed to the point that, in my opinion, isn't worthwhile.

If you really like the triple jump, may I recommend the atomic bat? Gives you the ability to triple jump at the expense of 10 health. It's a useful tool for triple jumpers like you. I tried it but I've already gotten used back to double-jumping. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't even have a shortstop, so I don't really know how good it is. That and I'm a sucker for the triple jump. I triple jump EVERYTHING.

It has its uses in medium+long range combat, plus the ability to heal yourself with Mad Milk, but it uses too much of a different strategy than Scatter/FaN layouts plus the gun was nerfed to the point that, in my opinion, isn't worthwhile.

If you really like the triple jump, may I recommend the atomic bat? Gives you the ability to triple jump at the expense of 10 health. It's a useful tool for triple jumpers like you. I tried it but I've already gotten used back to double-jumping. :razz:

There are always those tiny little places that you can't get to without a triple jump that annoys me to no end.

Honestly, it's the 2 shots with the fan that kills it. Having 6 shots in reserve is such a blessing that makes FaN, or even the Popper completely outclassed. Oh, sure, you have knock back and the triple jump, but that is VERY situational. Scattergun is the best overall, and in pretty much any niche. The shortstop used to be decent when it had the fast reload. now it's just lol.

If the FaN had 4 shots instead of 2 (since it has -10% damage AND slow reload) it would be properly balanced.

Soda Popper is just [bleep]ing annoying, get hit by that and its over unless your have 150+ Health.

Popoto.~<3

Ok... I finally got me a shortstop and atomizer. I'm not going to lie, the shortstop is pretty pro. I do miss the sandman's ball, but it might just be worth it for the extra livability that the SS offers.

And I got that Counterfeit Billycock. It is pretty sexy.

Anyone know an approximate value for my Unusual Professional's Panama w/ Cauldron Bubbles?

I keep getting offers but I have to deny them all because I'm clueless and TF2TP doesn't even have a page for cauldron bubbles yet.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]