[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason demoman is harder in 6v6 is because there is more riding on him. A good demoman can make or break a team - I play demo for my clan, and more often than not this rule is true: If I play well, we win, if I don't, we lose. I don't know much about the American scene, but players from the Eu like Byte can carry teams as a demoman.

Anyway, halloween update was awesome. I'm COACH. It's fun taunting people who can't dominate me. The mechanics of the update map should be used on some others, just because they're so funny.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

The only reason demoman is harder in 6v6 is because there is more riding on him. A good demoman can make or break a team - I play demo for my clan, and more often than not this rule is true: If I play well, we win, if I don't, we lose. I don't know much about the American scene, but players from the Eu like Byte can carry teams as a demoman.

Anyway, halloween update was awesome. I'm COACH. It's fun taunting people who can't dominate me. The mechanics of the update map should be used on some others, just because they're so funny.

I completely agree. On both counts. Demos do make or break a team, and yes yes YES they should keep the new mechanics. I dont quite know how they would "normalize" the ghost scaring people thing, but I LOVE the pumpkin explosions, and it wouldnt be hard to just substitute in a stick of dynamite, or the old classic explosive barrel.

Tk5SF.png

In NA demos are still a key part of any team, but the focus is more on the pocket soldier due to powerhouses like reptile and jaeger. In EU from what I know, the demos get a lot more heals from the medic than in NA and teams strats tend to be built around them.

Demo is harder is also harder in 6v6 due to how much better the scouts are than in pubs.

jjroxlu7.jpg

So Im finally getting TF2 on my computer(well I had it, but I cant handle it).

Here my specs:

091102202429.png

Cba writing it.

graphics card is Geforce 6150SE nForce 430

I know I need a better graphics card, so I amthinking bout buying a new card, this one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/BFG+-+NVIDIA+GeForce+8400+GS+512MB+DDR2+PCI+Express+Graphics+Card/8990407.p?id=1218007083381&skuId=8990407&st=geforce 7600&cp=1&lp=8

Help?

I saw TF2 going for $2.49 today on steam so I decided to pick it up and give it a try. I currently suck at it, but I've only played for about an hour so far.

What classed have you been playing?

I think I've gone through every class except engineer or pyro. I've done the best with medic, but then again I've only been played for an hour so far, so I don't have a good handle on the game yet.

Pyro is the easiest class.

Playng as Medic when your new is the best option, since you have to be quick and constantly moving, it tests your controls. Something I'm gonna need helping with.

When I played on the 360, I played as a Medic cause I couldn't aim, now I aim great, but I still play as a medic from time to time. There are just those moments where you need to swallow your pride and become a medic cause no one else will, and completly change the tide of the game. ^_<

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

As a Demo you gotta know where to put stickies too; you can't put them in the middle of a floor where somebody could shoot it. A lot of demomen just put them in a random order across the floor thinking they got a back wall protecting them.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

In NA demos are still a key part of any team, but the focus is more on the pocket soldier due to powerhouses like reptile and jaeger. In EU from what I know, the demos get a lot more heals from the medic than in NA and teams strats tend to be built around them.

Demo is harder is also harder in 6v6 due to how much better the scouts are than in pubs.

tru dat. The difference between a pub scout and a properly played scout is just staggering.

Tk5SF.png

Last I heard, Reptile was playing demo, but fair point. We do have our powerhouses in EU, people like Fragga, and I guess they take a lot of the weight off the demos soldiers.

Baalboy, you want to be sure that your new gfx card is compatible with your current mobo/processor. From a quick look, that seems fine, though not sure if you're skimping on the /quality/ of the gfx card or just getting a good deal.

(Bill's hat!)

So Im finally getting TF2 on my computer(well I had it, but I cant handle it).

Here my specs:

091102202429.png

Cba writing it.

graphics card is Geforce 6150SE nForce 430

I know I need a better graphics card, so I amthinking bout buying a new card, this one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/BFG+-+NVIDIA+GeForce+8400+GS+512MB+DDR2+PCI+Express+Graphics+Card/8990407.p?id=1218007083381&skuId=8990407&st=geforce 7600&cp=1&lp=8

Help?

Go to run and typed in "dxdiag" for specs and post those. What's your budget? buying from a place like tigerdirect or newegg is usually a lot cheaper than bestbuy.

soldersig.jpg

Last I heard, Reptile was playing demo, but fair point. We do have our powerhouses in EU, people like Fragga, and I guess they take a lot of the weight off the demos soldiers.

Baalboy, you want to be sure that your new gfx card is compatible with your current mobo/processor. From a quick look, that seems fine, though not sure if you're skimping on the /quality/ of the gfx card or just getting a good deal.

(Bill's hat!)

Reptile played demo for a couple of months for Complexity. Once they died, he moved to a backup spot on as soldier on EG, and is now their starting pocket.

jjroxlu7.jpg

tru dat. The difference between a pub scout and a properly played scout is just staggering.

Expert scouts make me feel like Elmer Fudd going after Bugs Bunny. I can chase and shoot all I want, but he's still going to get me before I can get him.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Expert scouts make me feel like Elmer Fudd going after Bugs Bunny. I can chase and shoot all I want, but he's still going to get me before I can get him.

This.

Although I have had some epic sandman + scattergun kills.

Why are you using Sandman with Scattergun its better matched up with the FaN because you can score a easy kill with both. :roll:

Your kidding anyone who uses FaN is silly and Sandman is only good for Arena if you have a medic otherwise its terrible.

A scout with the default setup will easily kill more people and perform better then a scout with any other setup end of.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'm pretty sure 2 meatshots with the FAN is enough to kill anything except a heavy or overhealed soldier.

Problem with that you must be right on them and if they move even slightly you could miss most of that. :mellow:

Also just got Kill Everyone You Meet.

Ok, Im thinking of getting TF2. Do I wana get TF2+ Garry's mod? Any other advice? I will probably get through steam.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Most people I know who have Garry's mod enjoy it, but it's not something they do for hours.

However, I really recommend you consider buying the orange box. TF2, HL2+ep1+ep2+portal... What more do you want, really?

Ok, Im thinking of getting TF2. Do I wana get TF2+ Garry's mod? Any other advice? I will probably get through steam.

Well if you do that you save $5 off Garry's Mod through you won't have Half Life 2 models so I would suggest getting it with the Orange Box Package on Steam its basicly just TF2 with 4 other games for $2.50 or every game for $6 I suggest getting it over the TF2+Garry's Mod Package.