so why did pvp get removed

BoD

hey guys ive been gone for a quite a while, just after achievement capes came out i think. So i heard pvp got taken out and just wanted to know why

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

To prevent RWT. If it was not done Jagex would have received some lawsuits and been closed down. Then there would be no RS.

Had to be done. Check front page news archives for details.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

It never did...seeing as how its still here.

To be more precise however, I believe you are asking about why the wilderness as you knew it with pking / (Player Killing) got removed, correct?

If thats your question, then its the same reason as everyone else mentioned in regards to dealing with the real world traders.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

It got removed because of Real World Trading (RWT). When the messed up trading system was still in development, they realized people could just walk into the wildy with 1bil and die to the person buying gold. The person buying the gold would kill the goldfarmer/macroer and get 999,999,997 coins.

mememe513.png

Jagex took out pvp by ignorantly thinking it was pvp that was the main problem. The problem was dropping your items, they could of easily of left the wilderness how it was, but implement the gravestone feature.

Not reallyb ecause once the gravestone collapses there is still time for others to take the items.

Equally there was no ignorance about it or pvp being the main problem. The "main problem" was rwt ruining rs by polarising the ecomony, allowing lazy rich kids to do well and nearly forcing jagex to remove the option fro credit card payments. To solve rwt issues they had to remove any possible way that money could be transfered between accounts. Hence the items over 3k don't appear when dropped by players to anyone bar the player, the trade limits, the ge, the stake limits, the removal of the wildy, the party room announcements, the limits put on poh treasure chests.

Its not like jagex JUST killed pvp, there was a whole spectrum of changes made to solve the problem.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jagex took out pvp by ignorantly thinking it was pvp that was the main problem. The problem was dropping your items, they could of easily of left the wilderness how it was, but implement the gravestone feature.

They took out pvp? This is news to me.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Not reallyb ecause once the gravestone collapses there is still time for others to take the items.

And I highly doubt they are going to spend 5 months to obtain 200 quest points to see 30k on the ground, transfer that way for about 3 days, then get banned. Seems so worthwhile.

They did it for the lulz...

It's not gone; Duel arena, Bounty hunter, Fight pits, and Fist of Guthix (did I miss any?) are still pvp.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

And I highly doubt they are going to spend 5 months to obtain 200 quest points to see 30k on the ground, transfer that way for about 3 days, then get banned. Seems so worthwhile.

Erm you get the rwt company with like hundreds of accounts

1 buyer

All go into wildy

All rwters

Wait a minute the buyer can collect hundreds upon hundreds of piles and have his 1bil on w/e.

You seem to think the rwt problem comes down to omg im a rwt i have one account. In reality a rwt company has hundreds if not thousands of accounts run by chinese labour and bots. They can collectively ferry 1bil into the wildy and die one after another to allow the sole buyer to collect it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Okay, I understand where everyone comes from when it comes to RWT...But...The Wilderness didn't have to be removed. JaGex could have taken easy measures to prevent RWTing easily. First, remove free trade. Good. Now, create the wilderness ditch. Now, with that, create a restriction that would stop anyone with mass amounts of money or items to enter into the wilderness. It's simple as that. JaGex was complaining people would enter the wilderness with large piles of money, why didn't they just disable that? That would have been a smart thing to do in my opinion.

They did it for the lulz...

It's not gone; Duel arena, Bounty hunter, Fight pits, and Fist of Guthix (did I miss any?) are still pvp.

Not exactly...It's not free kill and collect like the wildy. They aren't dangerous either. Bounty Hunter is just a bunch of clans going in and owning the first person they see, and I guess thats somewhat like the wildy, since you still lose your stuff. But FoG isn't, nor the fight pits, nor the Duel Arena.

Indeed, I always liked this idea a lot...This way, people wouldn't see a lot until you have a lot of QP. Not bad, but then again pointless to PKers, etc.

To prevent RWT. If it was not done Jagex would have received some lawsuits and been closed down. Then there would be no RS.

Had to be done. Check front page news archives for details.

Nothing ever has to be done. If Jagex thought, for the slightest second, other ways to kill RWTing without damaging PKing, then there would probably be PKing still.

Again, JaGex should have allowed the basic set up to go in the Wildy: rune armor, food, basic ranger gear, basic mage gear. But if anyone low leveled, such as all bots, goes in to RWT, JaGex could either a) Prevent them from going in with a restriction if they are carrying 1 mil+, or B) if they are carrying it in small increments, have Revenants programmed to hunt the bot and inevitably killed them. Most people would argue that that would take too long to program it, but JaGex could have at least done everything they did now, then implement it later...And it probably would work, if they tried. Then, some people could compalin that low levels wouldn't be able to go in the wildy. Okay, first of all, low levels shouldn't be able to go in the wildy, since they'd insantly get owned. That's why my second proposal, a wildy level limit, could be implemented.

For example, low levels can go in the wildy, but can't go into deep wildy. This way, they can still get into FoG, etc. Once you're at a reasonable level, you can go a little deeper. This way, the bots would have had to train in order to go deeper, and they'd either give up or bot train, where people would have reported them and might have become banned.

I dunno. I wish something like that could have been implemented, but what can you do? That was the past, this is now. Live for now, it's the smart thing to do. Always.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

wow, ive been gone for quite awhile now... yet again, just came back 2 days ago but...

i originally thought this topic was about old school pking (like, back when you could pk anywhere against anyone who was Pk (Like yourself, if you were pk)

but soon read on that...

THEY TOOK OUT PKING FROM WILDERESS ? WHAT?

whats the point of wildy now? its no longer dangourous....

can anyone tell me more about the new DEATH system, WIlderness, etc Via PM? (because knowing my luck i wont be able to find this post again)

this is all news too me... Wow, no more wildy castle pking, or finding random people and pking them :(

wow, ive been gone for quite awhile now... yet again, just came back 2 days ago but...

i originally thought this topic was about old school pking (like, back when you could pk anywhere against anyone who was Pk (Like yourself, if you were pk)

but soon read on that...

THEY TOOK OUT PKING FROM WILDERESS ? WHAT?

whats the point of wildy now? its no longer dangourous....

can anyone tell me more about the new DEATH system, WIlderness, etc Via PM? (because knowing my luck i wont be able to find this post again)

this is all news too me... Wow, no more wildy castle pking, or finding random people and pking them :(

Basically, You pretty much summed it up right there.

They removed the player killing aspect of the wilderness and replaced the 'pkers' with revs. Basically a series of monsters at various combat levels with the supposed skills of the pkers of old as they can attack with different combat styles and will try to kill you while tele blocking you and what not.

They took out pvp? This is news to me.

Na, whats news to me is the shock that this hasnt been locked after almost a day. :lol:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

but, did it stop RWT? or mess it up real good? because i remember Gold farmers etc where totally killing the prices of goods when i stopped playing last.

last time i rememeber i was selling sharks like 800-900gp, today i went too grand exchange, putem up for 1005gp and sold 1700 ofem in less than 30 seconds....

god it was amazing and my first time using GE too, which was a great experience, man that GE is awsome, no more getting haggled or hasseled, u want it, u buy it, no talking, just buy and sell... no more *what are u selling for?* *what are you offering?* crap. no upselling etc... and prices on goods seem to be back up again.

The baffling thing, is why they didn't go for a much more obvious solution - it would have been perfect to close RS2 to new accounts, so once the vermin are cleaned up, they stay cleaned up, and to have introduced the new rules in RS2.5. Actually, closing the game to chinese IPs would have been a major step - would be interesting to know just how much the players from certain countries fell, when these measures took effect.

The RWTs are certainly down, the absence of bots that feed them is a sign that the majority found it no longer worth their while, but they are not completely out - a few spambots, levelling services etc.

Yes, for the most part, it killed the bots, and then players screamed when the price of raw materials skyrocketed.

Player Vs Player was removed? I think you mean PVP was changed. Wilderness PKing was removed and high staking was removed. Now we have Duel Tournaments and Bounty Hunter.

i guess id be on the happy side, since im a more casual RS player now as too when the game first came out and id play 10 hours or more a sitting. now i play at most 1-5 hours a sitting, usually more on the 1 side.

and i like fishing alot, i fish sharks :-X and its cool cause when i came back i had 800 sharks in the bank, fished 900 more sold at GE went directly too bank to log out, talked to banker real quick, and they where sold for over 1k each... CRAZY considering last time i played i was having a hard time selling for 800gp each... and this all happened in about 30 seconds... INSANE. i love GE. and the less ammount of bots.