What I hate about getting PKed... other than dying

Kill_Life

GAH!!! Revs seriously need to quit stealing me from my ice giant when I've got it down to like 5 hp! I can accept that I risk having revs kill me whenever I go into the wild - but can't they at least not be allowed to interrupt a fight in a non-multi zone? I mean, geez, it's not like PK'ers could do that! (Or teleblock in F2P, but I'm up by lvl 50 wild, so I can't tele anyways). Grrrr...

That is all.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAH!!! Revs seriously need to quit stealing me from my ice giant when I've got it down to like 5 hp! I can accept that I risk having revs kill me whenever I go into the wild - but can't they at least not be allowed to interrupt a fight in a non-multi zone? I mean, geez, it's not like PK'ers could do that! (Or teleblock in F2P, but I'm up by lvl 50 wild, so I can't tele anyways). Grrrr...

That is all.

Pkers could interrupt pve at any time too.

and there are other places to fight ice giant you know (and in less dangerous areas with the same amount of competition).

I for one am glad that Rev's are consistent. Back then, not only did I not know green drag slayer's inventory was, but I didn't know their intentions. If I killed a pker, good for me. If I killed a green drag slayer, I could be piled by others or waste my food for a REAL pker. That's the reason why I never brought any armor into the wildy. Acting in reaction is not nearly as good as getting first strike. But since I can now act with first strike, I am at a good advantage. I just wish they were a little more pwoerful at higher lvls. Maybe that's a good idea: A rev becomes more powerful at higher wilderness lvls (not just different combat lvls.) So a lvl 7 imp at 56 wildy will be MUCH more powerful than an imp at lvl 3.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

That is all.

and there are other places to fight ice giant you know (and in less dangerous areas with the same amount of competition).

I for one am glad that Rev's are consistent. Back then, not only did I not know green drag slayer's inventory was, but I didn't know their intentions. If I killed a pker, good for me. If I killed a green drag slayer, I could be piled by others or waste my food for a REAL pker. That's the reason why I never brought any armor into the wildy. Acting in reaction is not nearly as good as getting first strike. But since I can now act with first strike, I am at a good advantage. I just wish they were a little more pwoerful at higher lvls. Maybe that's a good idea: A rev becomes more powerful at higher wilderness lvls (not just different combat lvls.) So a lvl 7 imp at 56 wildy will be MUCH more powerful than an imp at lvl 3.

First of all, if PK'ers could actually steal you from monsters (in single combat), then I admit to my mistake. However, I've seen several people saying that they could not and you're the first person to say that they could. Since we can't exactly go out and test it for proof, I'll leave that alone.

Also I know that there is one other area in F2P (which is what I am) for Ice Giants and that it's safe, but 1) it's usually fairly crowded, whereas wildy giants are always empty, 2) there are Ice Warriors getting in the way at the Ice Caves, but not in the wild, and 3) I wasn't complaining about the danger. I know the wild is dangerous, and i accept that as being reasonable.

Thank you.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

I truely hate bounty hunter. Pking was so much better, I have a thoery that jagex took out pking to make room for other stuff....if you notice they have put in fist of guthix, bounty hunter, clan wars, and the quest spirit of summer and i am sure they will add more. also for all of you who will deny this, and stuff, If you notice they didn't have to take out pking to get rid of rwt, that is what the trade/drop limits have done......so please don't argue with me about that, because it is true, they could have had a bh set up for the entire wilderness, but my main point was i think they did it just to make room for those other minigames and used rwt as an excuse.

That is all.

First of all, if PK'ers could actually steal you from monsters (in single combat), then I admit to my mistake. However, I've seen several people saying that they could not and you're the first person to say that they could. Since we can't exactly go out and test it for proof, I'll leave that alone.

Also I know that there is one other area in F2P (which is what I am) for Ice Giants and that it's safe, but 1) it's usually fairly crowded, whereas wildy giants are always empty, 2) there are Ice Warriors getting in the way at the Ice Caves, but not in the wild, and 3) I wasn't complaining about the danger. I know the wild is dangerous, and i accept that as being reasonable.

Thank you.

A small change has been made to single-way combat in the Wilderness. Player-vs-player combat now takes precedence over monster fighting, meaning that anyone in battle with a creature can still be attacked by another player. Before, a player could fight another player, run away, enter combat with a creature, and stop the other player from attacking them. All other single-way combat rules still apply, with only one player able to attack you at a time, and only one creature able to attack at any time.

If people actually read the news posts (I'm not flaming/insulting you), then they'd know what to expect instead of just hopping in and trying to "figure it out for themselves".

I didn't know you were f2p, sorry :oops: . I was assuming you could use the Chaos tunnels which is filled with ice giants with little to no competition.

I truely hate bounty hunter. Pking was so much better, I have a thoery that jagex took out pking to make room for other stuff....if you notice they have put in fist of guthix, bounty hunter, clan wars, and the quest spirit of summer and i am sure they will add more. also for all of you who will deny this, and stuff, If you notice they didn't have to take out pking to get rid of rwt, that is what the trade/drop limits have done......so please don't argue with me about that, because it is true, they could have had a bh set up for the entire wilderness, but my main point was i think they did it just to make room for those other minigames and used rwt as an excuse.

You can fairly easily drop trade in bh right now...I have ex-"friends" who, unfortunately, resorted to drop trading there. If they increased the size of Bh or applied it to the entire wildy then the density of players/square would be far less than being in bounty hunter, making it easier to drop trade/RWT. And just because you say so or because the theory is plausible doesn't automatically make it true ;)

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I am sure between revs and pkers then it would be alright, and they could come up with something else, i was just stating my theory and not trying to cause a big fight, i was not saying i was right just because i said it.

• 2 weeks later...
it saddens me that no one is still ranting about the wilderness actually being gone... i really hated it how once i got done training, joined a good clan, and even released some amazing pk vids all to be ruined on dec whatever. i was one of the few ppl who followed through actually quitting with that update and now no one even gives a [cabbage].... well whatever this is my first time logging onto tip.it in 8 months so have with with ur bh and dueling with no rewards. btw new graphics for rs... still blow.... WTF

No one is complaining about that because it's been 8 months already. People got over it.[/quote

how do ppl get over the best part of the game.... :?

Retired from RS as of Dec 24? Or whatever the day after the wildy died. I thought it was a joke.... Then I remembered... JaGex has no heart.

I hate that revenants attack abyss RCers. That was something only the lowliest of PKers did. It's totally unfair that you can be frozen, without prayer, skulled and with pouches and killed in seconds. I avoided the wilderness when ever possible due to the PKers, but at least the PKers recognised who was worth killing. Incidentally, if you're teleblocked by a revenant while RCing (and survive) does that mean you can't use the abyss till the TB wears off? I don't know 'cos I've yet to survive an attack.

What? You can still fish.

In any case, I have to agree that I was less apprehensive of pkers, mostly because I carried little of value into wildy, than I am of the revs. The revs, in F2P, are much harder than they really have a right to be. It would be nice if they were toned down a bit. I don't mind that they are there, or that they hit hard, but they cast from off-screen and they have access to abilities denied to f2p players and to which we have little, if any, defense. Members have much higher AC abilities, especially magic defense, than f2p players, as well as spells to assist them with such attacks.

That said, I still go into the wilderness, I just have to be more wary of the little yellow dots than the little white ones.

What? You can still fish.

In any case, I have to agree that I was less apprehensive of pkers, mostly because I carried little of value into wildy, than I am of the revs. The revs, in F2P, are much harder than they really have a right to be. It would be nice if they were toned down a bit. I don't mind that they are there, or that they hit hard, but they cast from off-screen and they have access to abilities denied to f2p players and to which we have little, if any, defense. Members have much higher AC abilities, especially magic defense, than f2p players, as well as spells to assist them with such attacks.

That said, I still go into the wilderness, I just have to be more wary of the little yellow dots than the little white ones.

i just dont even see why u guys give a [cabbage] about revs cuz the wild has NO point now so rly y do u care. on this thought i believe jagex put revs in as an act of taking away the wildy completely. what i mean by that is now the wild not only has no point but if something could be exploited out of the wild now it is impossible to act do it successfully

Retired from RS as of Dec 24? Or whatever the day after the wildy died. I thought it was a joke.... Then I remembered... JaGex has no heart.

I hate when Revs just pop up out of nowhere, and you can't even see them. :|

I managed to escape with only 12/86 hp when I was trying to do the Spirit of Summer quest, and got attacked by 2 rev orks.

spacescenev24.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Revs are overpowered hard to beat monsters you barely used to see players in wilderness and it would be fun running from them waiting for there energy to run out (no joke intended). And They can freeze you which makes it hard to run :(

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this isn't the place to put this, but meh, its about revs, and I'm sure all of you wanting to rant would like to hear this:

I was walking to clan wars today, when an Orc started hitting me. Now I'm level 89, so getting maged in full rune by a level 105 is kinda a big deal. I walk by CW, and say "rev here, help!". At that instant, literally 15 people came out and started hitting it. It took about 30 seconds to kill it, but let me tell you it was the most awesome sight I'd seen.

[cabbage] you revs!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Very anoying. I hate revs...

I got a green dragon slayer task 34.. dones't sound like much.

Ive died once only lost about 100k I think though,was wise enough not to wear my new dragon stuff. They just keep hitting rediculous 30s on me and in low detail (im on my old lap) you can't look round and have no idea about them on mini map. Maybe they should be a different colour on the mini map?

Chalksmith.png

Chalksmith.png

• 1 month later...

Revenants are very underpowered to be honest with you guys, they need serious updates to their abilities.

I wish clan wars and bounty hunter didn't take up half of the wilderness, I miss the old areas that used to be there (the skeleton pits, poison woods, etc.), now clan wars and bh clutter it. :x

I've easily survived with only 82 defense and little armor a surprise attack by 3 knights and 2 orks. Multicombat. Was carrying minimal food (I was doing a level 3 clue and got piled at CE wild portal). Around 60 damage taken in total. TBH, they should have k0ed me instantly.

Since when do 3 126s, and 2 105s fail so badly? :lol:

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Just rename it back to "What I hate about getting PKed... other than dying".

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I sincerely hope you're kidding.

Anyway, with the new update, I guess we don't need this sticky anymore :?

I was being serious, if you were talking to me. The revenant knight should have had a max hit of at least 40 (30, lol?). However, with PvP updates I expect they won't be paid attention to as much as before.

Revenant dragon should have hit 50+ tbh.

I made a thread on the RSOF suggesting lots of rev improvements, it probably won't happen though, with PvP released.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Use a dictionary.

I was 1 wildy level from dying the other day. 1 mote step north, and I'd have been crossed OUT.

On the aspect of pk, I love it. The problem, though, is the crowd around the castle. More laggy than the ge, tbh, and then everywhere else is deserted! I don't get why they have to be so LAZY.

When people attack me at monks for seemingly no reason, and half [wagon] it so I can get my stuff and then come back full force. I did that just today. Some guy walks over in full rune with a dragon scim, I saw him before with no armour and no weapon so I knew what he was going to do. I turn protect from melee on and run for the bank, easily surviving. Then I get all my weapons/armour, walk over to him, and KO him in 5 seconds. Now, was that really worth attacking me when you would obviously not benefit at all from it? Some noobs. Plus he lost his full rune, dragon scim and whatever else he had on him becuase he was skulled.

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll