Worst Slayer Tasks

Dire_Wolf

Kind of half-off topic. I used to hate Black Demons because I died twice in the Chaos Tunnels on task. I was praying melee, ran out of prayer, and wasn't paying attention. Then, because I hated them, Duradel gave me ten tasks in a row.

I've since gotten over it, and they're one of my favorite tasks now.

However, I now absolutely despise Gargoyles, and Duradel knows this, so I've gotten them seven times in the past ten tasks.

But gotta love the loot. <3:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of half-off topic. I used to hate Black Demons because I died twice in the Chaos Tunnels on task. I was praying melee, ran out of prayer, and wasn't paying attention. Then, because I hated them, Duradel gave me ten tasks in a row.

I've since gotten over it, and they're one of my favorite tasks now.

However, I now absolutely despise Gargoyles, and Duradel knows this, so I've gotten them seven times in the past ten tasks.

But gotta love the loot. <3:

Yeah, i got 4 clues in 140 gargs :shock: I love clues, but sometimes i have not gotten one single clue.

#-o

Kalphites aren't the second fastest. Let's see... dagannoths, scarabs, bloodvelds, and I think abberant spectres + a few others I can't remember...

And they are overly crowded, along with Hellhounds... eh. They're suppost to be a good task, but the fact that this game is an MMORPG killed them. :cry:

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Kalphites aren't the second fastest. Let's see... dagannoths, scarabs, bloodvelds, and I think abberant spectres + a few others I can't remember...

And they are overly crowded, along with Hellhounds... eh. They're suppost to be a good task, but the fact that this game is an MMORPG killed them. :cry:

if this game wasn't a MMORPG would ppl even compete for high stats? O.O

I don't have any tasks blacklisted yet but I already know few I will blacklist.

1. Dark beasts - takes ages to kill, you need to wear mourner clothes to get in (less space in inv), terrible drops.

2. Fire giants - crowded, bad drops, boring, single area.

3. Jungle horrors - pure waste of time.

4. Don't know yet, maeby kalphites - boring ones with bad drops but exp is pretty nice - hard call.

I can't get any warped monsters so no need to block those, I may block scarabites. Need to try those first.

1. Dark beasts - takes ages to kill, you need to wear mourner clothes to get in (less space in inv), terrible drops.

4. Don't know yet, maeby kalphites - boring ones with bad drops but exp is pretty nice - hard call.

I can't get any warped monsters so no need to block those, I may block scarabites. Need to try those first.

Dark Beasts- If you use a cannon, a beast of burden, and perhaps piety, they will fall pretty quickly, and inventory space wont be a problem. At that Slayer level, your melee stats and prayer should be very decent. They drop Dark Bows, a large amount of blue charms, and are right next to a rune rock if you have 85 mining.

Fire Giants- They are never crowded in the chaos tunnels, which is multicombat. Use a familiar, either for combat or healing, and you'll rip through them. The drops are quite nice. I usually get one or two rune scimitars, and at least 100+ gold charms.

Jungle Horrors- Duradel doesn't assign these, and once you hit 100 combat and 50 Slayer, you should really be using Duradel.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Dark Beasts- If you use a cannon, a beast of burden, and perhaps piety, they will fall pretty quickly, and inventory space wont be a problem. At that Slayer level, your melee stats and prayer should be very decent. They drop Dark Bows, a large amount of blue charms, and are right next to a rune rock if you have 85 mining.

Fire Giants- They are never crowded in the chaos tunnels, which is multicombat. Use a familiar, either for combat or healing, and you'll rip through them. The drops are quite nice. I usually get one or two rune scimitars, and at least 100+ gold charms.

Jungle Horrors- Duradel doesn't assign these, and once you hit 100 combat and 50 Slayer, you should really be using Duradel.

You sure that Duradel don't give Jungle horrors?

Cause i am doubting.

You sure that Duradel don't give Jungle horrors?

Cause i am doubting.

I don't think he does anymore, he used to.

chat142744sx.png

32078824.png

gomu_pistol.png

I HATE black demons, doing one now...

You can hally them so you save on prayer pots, but I cannot see how they can possibly have good drop rates for charms. I got just 8 crimson charms from 80 kills. And they're troublesome to get to.

I used to hate turoth tasks, but they are actually pretty good once you get yourself a leaf bladed sword, an actually decent weapon compared to the spear.

Only one graphical type of Black Demon drops charms. The ones in the Chaos Tunnels are all charm droppers, so you should really be slaying there. It's very easy to access as well.

Ah crud, serious? Man, wish I'd known sooner... :oops: Thanks for telling me!

Air_Dragon15.png

Kalphites

Steel Dragons

Warped Terrorbirds

Black Demons

That's a solid list.

I liked Kalphites a lot when I was going for 99 range, the guardians were terrific exp and dropped a ton of blue charms.

My list:

• [*:3ovkucz7]Black Demons - drops stink, and they are very powerful, so you need to waste money on pray pots or range them (which is very slow)[*:3ovkucz7]Warped Terrorbirds - I adore the tortoises, hate the birdies.[*:3ovkucz7]Skeletal Wyverns - Horrific. Slow to kill, they hit multiple ways, and ranging them is a giant nuisance as well as very slow.[*:3ovkucz7]Goraks - these guys are TERRIBLE. They hit hard, drain stats, drop very little, and are tough to access. If you go to GWD you're in better shape, but it still takes forever to finish a task. Unlike the Spiritual Mages (who barely damage their opponents), goraks take care of business and cream their opposition, so "ambush killing" as I enjoy in GWD is very difficult.

Goraks are the worst task in Duradel's arsenal.

stormveritas.png

Kalphites

Steel Dragons

Warped Terrorbirds

Black Demons

That's a solid list.

I liked Kalphites a lot when I was going for 99 range, the guardians were terrific exp and dropped a ton of blue charms.

My list:

• [*:yh0tqra1]Black Demons - drops stink, no and they are very powerful, pray so you need to waste money on pray pots or range them (which is very slow)no it's not, and it drops lots of charms and give very good xp (lots of hp) [*:yh0tqra1]Warped Terrorbirds - I adore the tortoises, hate the birdies.

[*:yh0tqra1]Skeletal Wyverns - Horrific. Slow to kill, they hit multiple ways, and ranging them is a giant nuisance as well as very slow.They drop one of the most charms in the game.

[*:yh0tqra1]Goraks - these guys are TERRIBLE. They hit hard, drain stats, drop very little, and are tough to access. If you go to GWD you're in better shape, but it still takes forever to finish a task. Unlike the Spiritual Mages (who barely damage their opponents), goraks take care of business and cream their opposition, so "ambush killing" as I enjoy in GWD is very difficult.Try cannoning, lol. And it isn't multi combat... try to test it first.

Goraks are the worst task in Duradel's arsenal.

Goraks aren't close to the worst, and Black demons are one of the best.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Warped terrorbirds are often unfairly maligned. They are not hard to kill if you know how to do it properly, and their drops were recently improved. They can also be cannoned.

See here for details on how to kill them plus a drop log.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Even though a lot of people are misinformed, I can't understand how the more experience Slayers won't accept people's opinions just because they differ to theirs. If somebody doesn't like Black Demons then they won't do them.

Dark beasts - I don't bother using cannon at single, they don't drop that many blue charms after all, i had task to kill 198. In time when cash is worth nothing dark bow worth of 1 mil is bad drop in my book. If I had 85 mining it would not been that bad, but i have always hated that skill. Trained it to 50 when there was no fatigue, rest of exp I have is from quest rewards etc.

Fire giants... As you said, they drop rune scimitars and gold charms which is junk in my opinion. Exp is not that bad but when I tried to get 85 slayer fast when slayer was new skill I got totally fed up with those.

Jungle horrors - I had no idea that duradel can't assign those, thanks. One more monster to block then. Maeby I block something that can't drop level 3 clues then, I really like to complete those and my goal is to get one 3rd age item from clue.

My current block list is only terrorbirds: I really hate them, even with all those guides I can't effectively kill them AND make profit..

I'm thinking about the other monsters, but not sure what to block (notice I don't care about xp at all: only profits and charms):

goraks: seem to me as the least profitable task - but never ever got those (yet).

Suqahs: well these are actually really nice to kill, but the task is always sooo small (duradell seems to give me tasks like kill 20-50 of them) and if you're on normal magic (high alchemy) it takes really long to get there. On top of that they're dreadfully boring to fight.

Kalphites: I don't cannon them (want to make profit all the time), and the guardians -while profitable and good ranged xp- make the task too long and boring.

Haven't gotten a scarabite task yet though..

Also I'm wondering: I personally care especially about making profit (well making enough profit to fund training summoning with the charms I get from slayer), would opening up the mithril dragon/waterfiend place be a "clever"?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You're very ignorant about the Dark beasts. They have EXTREMELY low defense to slash attacks. You go with proselyte and piety + melee prayer them and they are one of the best monsters for slayer exp. They only seem like they take a while to kill because they have 225 hp, but in reality you're killing them faster than you'd kill most other tasks. There's just more hp to take down, which means more slayer exp.

Plus they are the best Blue Charm droppers in the game and the occasional 1M drop is always nice.

And I always at least come out even on dark beast tasks. The rune weapon and armor drops + the half keys I get pay off my p pots.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Plus they are the best Blue Charm droppers in the game and the occasional 1M drop is always nice.

And I always at least come out even on dark beast tasks. The rune weapon and armor drops + the half keys I get pay off my p pots.

Used whip + supers, praying in monk robes. Still too slow for my taste and as you already know you never should hunt for blue charms as drop rates are very low for those. I actually asked around from my friends what did they block, dark beasts was very common answer, just like hellhounds, kalphites and terrorbirds. If i don't like killing something exp rate wont mean a thing - I play for fun, if it feels like work then it's better to quit for a while.

Your saying you have blocked Waterfiends+Mith Dragons Pulli???!!!

Haven't gotten around to "unlocking" barbarian skills yet :P

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pulli: If you have blocked Mithril dragons, that is a big mistake.

1: Barbarian part: takes less than 10 minute to finish (i think 4min). Then you get acess to cave and that's it.

2: Mithril Dragons as slayer task is so easy, and you get alot charms+drops. And if lucky you can get Dragonfull helm as drop or through Chewd bones (Chewd Bones: Bones of a barbarian who have died. You release their spirit and it might give u a Dragon full helm as reward).

3: Waterfiends give great charms not to mention alot good and noteable drops. Really good task.

So unlock them and get acess to MITHS and GO AND HAMMER THEM :)