Dial-Up

Furah

currently on dial-up speed because our download limit has been reached, again :roll: . So I thought I'd ask what you guys do when you're forced to do when on dial-up speed, and what good things you miss out on.

for me I have to wait forever for a site to load and hope that it doesn't time out :wall: and the things I miss out on are Xbox LIVE, downloading stuff (do you guys have any idea how long it takes to get Photoshop Pro 7 from the Adobe site? well I don't I gave up after an hour), browsing any picture intense thread, and the comfort of good internet speed

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Dial-up was terrible for me. I don't think I played runescape when I had dial-up. Good thing I got Broadband a few years ago. :thumbup:

10000 topic in the Off-Topic Forum, btw.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

ive had dial up since 2001? or 2002. at least 2002. Still have it,its more about the ability to manage your time well for me

like, every friday i watch the new bleach manga on youtube. guess what i do? go make dinner during the download or take a shower. SOMETHING.

sometimes if i want to watch a TV show, i let my torrent program run over night while i sleep.

I hate it when we run outa broadband, we only use it all every 2-3 months, and when we do, its always like 10 days early :(

Doomy edit: I like sheep

When I get capped; I pack up my computer and move to a friends place untill the next billing cycle starts. I have no choice, I need the down/up speeds for work.

When I get capped; I pack up my computer and move to a friends place untill the next billing cycle starts. I have no choice, I need the down/up speeds for work.

why not get unlimited download?I know it can get expensive, but the best part is you get to put it down for tax return :thumbsup:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I'm amazed so many services have a "cap" on them. I have unlimited and I don't think I could live without it.

Yes well I have a 150GB cap which I don't look like hitting anytime soon anyways so I'm not exactly required to move up to unlimited.

I've hit it once when I was rerendering the entire video library for work, but since that's finished I haven't come close.

I'm amazed so many services have a "cap" on them. I have unlimited and I don't think I could live without it.

Then I think the cap is mainly for people that don't really need the internet that much tbh.

But at the cost of £15 a month ur best getting unlimited.

Had dial up for the logest time, got Broadband a year ago. Dial up was ok, but still hated it...

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

some internet services have a cap? I think mine stated somewhere not to download more then 50 GB a month, but I have been pushing 300 GB + per month for a couple years now and they are OK with it.

but as to dial up, its horrible. My grandparents had it for a short time, and even the slow version of runescape wouldn't run right.

Dial up is fine, not laggy. It's very bad for downloading and stuff though. Watching Youtube sucks too.

But no lag. Heck, I even got my fire cape with dial up :).

2dvjurb.png

I pretty much have the dial-up of DSL connections (T1, 1.5mbps) but I can remember my time on Wanadoo 28.8k broadband, hahah.

It was fine, there was no lag. Slow, but fine. And DSL only came to our village about 2 years ago, and we've only got it in the past year.

Also I have an unlimited connection, so the only times I experience 56k speed is when my Stepdad is downloading torrents, and he refuses to limit his speed. -_-

Up here at my cottage we have a 2GB cap for some reason :wall: It also sucks up here because my borther can't play on the 360 while I download anything or watch videos. It still kicks the crap out of dial-up.

The only experience I have with dial-up is when I went on vacation to Florida.

jjroxlu7.jpg

I never get a low speed because I've got unlimited (although the speed is only 0.5Meg). I've convinced my parents to upgrade soon though.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

ive had dial up since 2001? or 2002. at least 2002. Still have it,its more about the ability to manage your time well for me

like, every friday i watch the new bleach manga on youtube. guess what i do? go make dinner during the download or take a shower. SOMETHING.

sometimes if i want to watch a TV show, i let my torrent program run over night while i sleep.

I don't know how you manage. The only time I let my BitTorrent run overnight is when the file exceeds 1.5Gb or there are few to no seeders. Even then I usually don't let it run overnight because I normally shut my computer down to save on electricity and not have it be slow as [bleep] the next day.

I've currently got DSL. The only time I remember having dial up was when we moved and back then I rarely used the internet anyways.

I don't know how you manage. The only time I let my BitTorrent run overnight is when the file exceeds 1.5Gb or there are few to no seeders. Even then I usually don't let it run overnight because I normally shut my computer down to save on electricity and not have it be slow as [bleep] the next day.

I've currently got DSL. The only time I remember having dial up was when we moved and back then I rarely used the internet anyways.

not a big deal, i use my friends computer for things occasionally.

such as, downloading TV shows/movies. I let his computer run over night. But, i use his house for XBox live and stuff to. Infact, i keep my xbox their and have my own Xbox live account for...two years now. I go their and use his net and its not a big deal, hell in fact i goto his house and hes fine with it whenever.

my three closest friends have the same ISP and internet services.

[hide=FRIENDS INTERNET SPEED TEST]typical mid day speed

292194528.png

early morning speed

291984877.png

now heres my typical internet connection speed test.

292196427.png[/hide]

as you can see, its not slow internet for most