Granite Maul is now a thing of the past -interesting read-

Rarex

So I was bored while training and started looking at the knowledge base. Found real interesting info:

Granite Maul is very very common amongst pures. It requires 50 attack & strength to be equipped. These are its complete and every stat:

Keep reading, you will get my point later on.

[Granite Maul]

-speed-

speedgraxs2.png

-stats-

granitesthj8.png

-price-

price2qp7.png

You may be saying "What about it? It is the perfect wep for pures." but it is not. Look at this!

[TzHaar-Ket-Om]

-speed-

rockongl4.png

-stats-

brothapa7.png (75k = how much it costs in tokkul)

-price-

coolqs5.png

In many cases, getting 50 attack can ruin some pures. Especially f2p pures. but they have no choice so they get 50 attack but with the obby maul, you dont need any attack levels, only 60 str! It has much better stats and the same speed. The spec? Well gmaul could be better at spec but obby maul is better at training with. Much better. Yet, I see every pure using Gmaul to train with.

The onl down fall might be the price. I rather pay 150k extra than get 10 atk levels. Its not the training, but the combat levels those 10 atk levels get you what matters.

I know the obby maul came out some time ago but why dont pures use it? is it cuz they dont know about it or they think gmaul is better?

Anyways, discuss about the Gmaul & Omaul :)

I do make much of a point. It may not matter at all for those pures who are some type of a p2p pure but this really matters for f2p type pures.

Deadman, 31 prayers matters lots. at 99str, without rune gaunts, you hit 22 with 111 str potted no prayer, 25 with str 111 with superhuman strength. 3hp makes a big difference.

Again, the leveling of attack doesn't really matter for non-pures and/or p2p pures but it greatly affects a f2p pure in the long run.

I don't want to sound rude but think of this next time you post -.-

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

I think its the spec.. you get 3 hits with a granite maul where u get 1 hit with a obby maul. Higher chance of getting the kill =]

Edit: as you said the obby maul is actually better in training, but I wouldnt mind the few extra combat levels to get 3 hits against 1

tifsbti6oi.gif

I think its the spec.. you get 3 hits with a granite maul where u get 1 hit with a obby maul. Higher chance of getting the kill =]

Edit: as you said the obby maul is actually better in training, but I wouldnt mind the few extra combat levels to get 3 hits against 1

If you are a true f2p pure, 40 attack, 50 attack can give you 2-3 combat levels which really really matters in the long run.

When you are around lvl 50, you need 2-3 str lvls + 1-2 hp levels (if you just train str and already have 31 prayer) for the next level. when you reach 55 cb, you have 8-10 extra str levels. Now, if you have 50 attack, that means 2-3 cb combat levels extra. which means you have a lower str lvl than that other pure which = not cool

its complex

wildy: you mean the players or me -.-?

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

Too bad I'm not a pure, then I might actually care about this..

Anyways, the granite maul's special makes it better then the Obby maul. And pures usually get high attack too, so you don't really have that much of a point.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

I do make much of a point. It may not matter at all for those pures who are some type of a p2p pure but this really matters for f2p type pures.

Deadman, 31 prayers matters lots. at 99str, without rune gaunts, you hit 22 with 111 str potted no prayer, 25 with str 111 with superhuman strength. 3hp makes a big difference.

Again, the leveling of attack doesn't really matter for non-pures and/or p2p pures but it greatly affects a f2p pure in the long run.

Working out topic

So youre going to do something impossible (use mauls in f2p) or are you converting from a f2p pker to p2p? What is the point talking about f2p based pures wearing p2p items? If you p2p pk use the g maul if you use p2p to train a f2p pker then use the obby maul

tifsbti6oi.gif

So youre going to do something impossible (use mauls in f2p) or are you converting from a f2p pker to p2p? What is the point talking about f2p based pures wearing p2p items? If you p2p pk use the g maul if you use p2p to train a f2p pker then use the obby maul

\

Believe it or not, there are many f2p-type pures that get p2p to train their stats (strength, mage, and/or range). Some convert to some type of a p2p pure but the majority stay as a f2p-type pure.

Working out topic

\

Believe it or not, there are many f2p-type pures that get p2p to train their stats (strength, mage, and/or range). Some convert to some type of a p2p pure but the majority stay as a f2p-type pure.

As I said =]

tifsbti6oi.gif

The obby maul & granite maul are p2p weapons, so why would a p2p player be worried about keeping their f2p rune 40 attack?

2480+ total

Combat level don't matter in BH, seeing as you can everyone who is in the crater, no matter what their level is. I'd prefer a good spec to ko with than hitting a little bit higher with a maul. If you'd train with it, then you'd be a bloody idiot.

2j3qh46.jpg

People only use the maul for the spec

Anybody who uses it as a primary weapon is an idiot lol

QFT

The maul still has an amazing spec for its requirements. Did the OP even go to bounty hunter recently before posting this? It's still a common weapon in all craters. It's even seen a resurgence in high crater for people using 'bluefire' gear. A welfare setup of d hides, neitz, msb with rune arrows and g maul for spec. I've seen maxed players using this technique effectively.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Pures do use obby mauls, but not many of them.

Most "obby maul pures" have very low attack and high strength and prove to be very successful aslong as they get lucky hits, it's not as accurate as the G-Maul even with a higher attack level and ofcourse doesn't have the sometimes devistating G-Maul special attack. That's why the G-Maul lives on as a favourite for pures.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Have you been stuck at some place so secluded you can't even see obby pures running around with obby mauls?

They are so common. And what's with that "-interesting read-" part? Has anybody told you that or are you just complementing your own thread? I dunno, but i dislike such thread names.

My point(s): Granite mauls have always been a thing of the past since they nerfed it's spec and with the introuduction of the ge dropping maul prices. No decent pure uses a maul of any sort to train by the way.

By the way: Do some actual research before suddenly actually making a thread, as in, going out there and testing the equipment out.