What are you living for?

Astralinre

What is your motivation? What is it that makes your life worth living? What is it that you are totally dedicated to?

Are you living for Jesus? Allah? A philosophy? A person? Fun? Pleasure? Your self?

I've never met a person who wasn't living for something. Whether they are living for a Higher Power, romance, or alchohol, they all have motivations.

My question is simple - what is yours? Do you think there may be something better than what you're living for?

Feel free to discuss different people's views, and feel free to explain your own view. Who knows, maybe we could even start a Socratic dialogue about what the best lifestyle is, but then again, maybe that's too lofty a goal.

I don't have time to type mine up at the moment, as dinner is almost ready, but I'll post it a little later.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do rather have a tendency to live just because of inertia. I am living now, I don't have a good reason to stop living, so why not just keep on living?

Then again, that's not really true. I really do live for a lot of the people around me, and I don't think they'd be as happy if I died. My boyfriend David, my parents, my brother, a few good friends... I guess that's why. :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

I am living for my family :) Everything i've done until now are for the sake of what my parents or what my siblings want. Of course though, I'm also living for the one I'm loving right now.

Funny how this came up when I just realized a few days ago that I was suicidal back when I was way way younger lol.

I am living for future careers that I will have. I have superior chances at a baseball career, singing career, musician, computer programmer, or every a translator :lol:

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I do rather have a tendency to live just because of inertia. I am living now, I don't have a good reason to stop living, so why not just keep on living?

Then again, that's not really true. I really do live for a lot of the people around me, and I don't think they'd be as happy if I died.

Same here..

It's also partly for myself, for the experience. There are so many things that I want to do and experience at least once before I die..

IRKAa.jpg

I can't see living for anything other than myself. I can't really explain it, but if you are living for anything else then it seems as if you aren't really living. Do what you want to do, and as Wyrm said, experience anything you want. That's my thing in life, I'll try anything (within reason) if a chance is given. I live for myself.

peterstretchfn5.gif

I can't see living for anything other than myself. I can't really explain it, but if you are living for anything else then it seems as if you aren't really living. Do what you want to do, and as Wyrm said, experience anything you want. That's my thing in life, I'll try anything (within reason) if a chance is given. I live for myself.

Strange, I find the very opposite to be true! ;)

summerpngwy6.jpg

I agree :)

Especialy with me moving around alot, in the end it is.. just me. Sure, I have freinds while i'm here, and you could say I do live for them, but I don't quite mind being alone. I'm not the sort of person who must have attention. It is nice to have a freind by your side, but not realy necisary.

of course, I do live for several things, I too have a lot of things i wish to do, but then again, I just want to kind of relax. I don't want to have to stress out about a lot of things.

Not realy sure.. just kind of rambling on right now, but I do more or less, live for my self.

Nothing, lol. I can honestly say I live for nothing, and if I died right now, that'd be just fine. I'm not suicidal or anything, I just wouldn't care. I only exsist because I haven't been killed yet. :lol:

Same with me. It's not as if I would care when I die anyway... beacuse... I'll erm.... be decomposing in the earth.

Nothing, lol. I can honestly say I live for nothing, and if I died right now, that'd be just fine. I'm not suicidal or anything, I just wouldn't care. I only exsist because I haven't been killed yet. :lol:

Same with me. It's not as if I would care when I die anyway... beacuse... I'll erm.... be decomposing in the earth.

I would probably care.....

I would miss out on the life that's ahead of me, and I wouldn't want me to die for the sake of my parents...

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I don't really know, I wouldn't really care if I died right now, actually I'm pretty curious what comes next, but chances are high I have to wait a very long time to find out. :) I guess I live for the fun of if, friends, family and stuff, I don't think I have any special reasons, can't help it that I'm here.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

because there is still so much 2 do out there

think what you have acomplished its less then 0.00000000001% of things to accomplish so why stop now when so much is ahead of us

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

because there is still so much 2 do out there

think what you have acomplished its less then 0.00000000001% of things to accomplish so why stop now when so much is ahead of us

What, fail horribly in your education, drop out because you can't support yourself and stay in school, end up working a dead end job and become mediocre?

No thanks, spare me the pain.

What, fail horribly in your education, drop out because you can't support yourself and stay in school, end up working a dead end job and become mediocre?

No thanks, spare me the pain.

75120.jpg

Right now i'd say i'm living for the fun of living really. I've got relatively low responsibilities because i live at home, but i am planning on moving out as soon as i can afford it. After that i guess i'll be looking towards improving business at my job, which in turn will create a better life for me.

At this moment i'd say i've probably got a lot to look forward to.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I live for...well, not much, but just to see what, if anything, I can be the best in the world at :P

so ARENAScape is done :)

now maybe soccer...or Mathematics, certain things are better thatn others...

ooh, also, ofcourse, to have as much fun as possible while waiting to get nr 1 again :) I try not to get power-hungry and forget to have fun, which is a problem I've noticed in many others.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

I won't pretend that anyone would miss me if I went right now, so I suppose I can't say that I'm against dying because it would hurt other people.

I'm interested in knowing what happens when we die, but, in case it's not a nice surprise, I'm not going to hurry things along--I don't mind living, after all.

I don't live for any one reason... it's just something I do, I suppose (live, I mean). Don't get the impression that I don't care about things, or that I "have no meaning/purpose"---I'm just not going to dedicate my whole life to one of them in particular.

I like this topic.

I live for nothing really I suppose, I will die eventually and know what the hype is about ;) I am really really really passionate about reading and my music though.

This topic made me think. I might post here again :D