The Ultimate Guide to F2P Banking **Updated July 10th**

Sinkhan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXCELLENT GUIDE!

I was a P2P and took a 6 month hiatus. I am now F2P with 475 spaces filled in my bank which should only hold what, 48? I am equipped with all member items and cannot even store them in the bank......

I cannot wait to see what you and for a situation like this.....

Thanks for the support!

Also, anyone who feels my guide has seriously helped them, please promote my guide for the AoW!

Seeing as lots of members are looking for something to help with any down times from their subscribed time, I'll be referencing shade_bandyt's very popular and useful guide and making my own recommendations.

Some have also requested a more comprehensive guide for this situation, so I'll include a list of items that a member should probably have in their bank when they make the switch to F2P.

Stay tuned!

Awesome guide. I'll be sure to use this in f2p.

One note: Blue wizard robes DO have better bonuses than Black robes last time I checked. The difference is minimal, but why not?

Ok, but remember that databases CAN be incorrect.

In my combat guide (long dead tho) I was corrected for writing that blue and black give the same bonuses, and I was indeed wrong. So unless Jagex changed them, Tipit has a mistake.

great guide =p

Not that I'll ever use it, at all, period, it is was just organized so nice that I was a good time killer to read

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Due to an unsuspected, but welcomed event (Me getting membs \' :o ::' ), work on this guide is to be postponed.

However, major parts of the P2P->F2P section I've got planned are mostly ready. In fact, actually being members let's me feel how it is and guide my methodology.

I may expand this guide to an overall P2P and F2P banking guide, but I'll need to comprehensively revise some sections.

But why is the guide's progress being slowed in particular? I want to take advantage of this awesome members experience as much as I can :roll: The newness has still taken me in

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, have fun with your members. I'll look forward to an active members section here in a year or so; it'll take that long to get acquainted with everything members has to offer. :P

I edited a bit on my earlier post, and added a bit about the crossbow pouch. If/when you make a members section feel free to use whatever I said in that post; if you do your own writing, you'll want to talk a lot about the Quest Hall and Costume Room in people's houses (also, mention that you can keep house teletabs and two portal rooms, with all available portals, instead of keeping teletabs to all the different cities; tele home and then go through the portal instead of teleing directly to the city).

I'll give you bank pics if you want em, though I can't promise when I'll look in here again (I was wandering through the AOW when I saw this and felt like checking in).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Ah, good to have you still with me.

Yes, banking and saving space in general is quite an important aspect for members or F2Pers. I'm currently back on F2P which will give me some time to finalize the members section.

Otherwise, I'll make sure you get a PM when I need the help in making a P2P section :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU!

Yes, I'm P2P. However, this still helped.

496 (yes, that bad -- mostly leftover quest stuff -- damn it, I wish the WoM checked for useless member's quest stuff too!) to 171. And if I chucked all the members only stuff I could probably -- nay, definitely -- squeeze it into 68 spots with a bit of wiggle room left.

\' Now to save up for a dragon armour set... why does a dragon chain alone have to cost so much?!

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

• 3 weeks later...

A huge revamp of the entire guide is now planned! The Ultimate F2P Banking guide will get a new name in the coming weeks. This new guide will provide more in-depth explanations, a fully detailed member section citing space saving and convenient techniques. Tons of new pictures and banners!

If you have any suggestions for the new member section of the guide, please post or PM me and you will get the credit if I see fit.

-Sinkhan

Good stuff in there, 2 things to add though.

1. Another way to free up a space is to lend the item out and then leave it in the returned items box.

2. To free up 2 more spaces find an item that does not shift at all in price (basic runes work well) 'sell' these to the GE at max price, then either cancel the sale or keep them for sale to see if someone buys. If they do sell just buy some more at the mid(effective merchanting while freeing up bank space ftw)

• 3 months later...

Sinkham your guide is awesome. I really appreciate the mention for the work I've also done in terms of my own bank guide. Congratz on getting members, its really a lot to take in. I'm f2p right now but probably going to members again soon. The limitations you pointed out really take some of the fun out of the game, like not being able to withdraw your random event rewards (I recently got my camo hat and I have to keep it on me everywhere lol. ) Its a sacrifice but once you get used to it there really are a lot of advantages.

I actually have a f2p pure that pretty much follows this concept: a minimal bank and immediately sell extra items in the ge. Since he's a pure with no real skills and any items he collects comes from hunting or pking, the ge is his second home. I'll post a pic of his bank tomorrow if I can. Again, excellent guide and keep up the great work

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Thanks a ton mate. You're guide is really good too.

Luckily, you can get another full set of camo/other random event rewards thanks to Jagex's update. I only wish they would come more frequently.

I'm not sure how much I could really update this guide. I'm thinking of writing a completely new one for P2P since banking in the two versions is totally different.

Sinkhan, I keep a rune longsword instead of a rune scimitar. Is this fine?

I despise scimitars so don't tell me to get one.

By the way, nice guide! My bank won't ever be as organized as this though. :oops:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Great guide dude, wish I had had this a few months ago when I was (temporarily) non-member again.

If you come out with a P2P one, I could probably use it, but since I have a low con lvl and enjoy farming and herblore, I'm not sure how much you could do to help.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

• 1 month later...
I'm feeling pretty sure that blue wizard robes are better bonuses than black. :shock: Your guide says they are equal.

This is true. Blue robes are superior to black robes.

Excellent guide! I wish id had this a while ago instead of having to teach myself all of these things.

Few things i disagree with, not only that rune longs are better than scimmis =p

1. I really dont think you need 3 types of arrows in your bank. When i train range i use bronze or iron seeing as its the chepest, although you can still make your money back on more expensive arrows. Therefore in my bank i only have bronze and addy arrows, and the bronze arrows arent entirely nessessary either, so i would say you should only store a maximum of two different types of arrow, bronze/iron/steel and addy.

Also I would disagree with the use of an amulet of magic. This is not nessessary unless your purely attacking with magic, which you will most probably being rarely doing, and due to its cheapness i believe you should only buy it from the ge when you need it, and then sell it when your done.

I'll post a picture of my bank later so you can use it as comparison! Also im very impressed with your storage of random armour and how you brought yourself to drop a load of it!

Once again a great guide! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: