Gaming's Worst Ever Sequals

Danqazmlp

Those games were awesome, without them, YouTube Poop would be much more lame

I'll pass on that ::' . I'm tempted to forgive Hotel Mario for the hilarious ventrilo harassment featuring Luigi and spageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetti. :D

All I can even remember of Halo 1's single player is going down the same goddamn hallway (damn well looked like it at least) for 3 hours on the most boring single player mission I ever played.

The infamous library level :lol: . Yeah I think every Halo fan unanimously hates that level. There were other good levels though even if you may not remember, like the tank one? Or even the last level (The maw), or the one on-board the enemy ship.

ff10-2 a massive let down for me

That game had Rikku in it which automatically makes it win :thumbsup:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna make a list in no particular order:

Battlefield: Vietnam

Perfect Dark Zero

Sim City Societies

Pokemon Snap

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Ghost Recon 2

Conflict: Desert Storm 2 (Not a bad game, but it was exactly the same as the first and was incredibly short)

Conflct: Vietnam

Any Sonic game on a newer console

Turok: Evolution

Golden Eye: Rouge Agent

Grand Turismo 4

Burnout: Revenge (way to easy with no impacts. Also really lame)

Dynasty Warriors 4-whatever they are at now

Call of Duty 2 & 3 (I think United Offensive and 4 are by far the best. I actually thought that the United Offensive expansion was better that the original)

That's all I can think of right now.

All I can even remember of Halo 1's single player is going down the same goddamn hallway (damn well looked like it at least) for 3 hours on the most boring single player mission I ever played.

The infamous library level :lol: . Yeah I think every Halo fan unanimously hates that level.

That one wasn't too bad except for the enormous amounts of enemies flung at you. What really was horrible was 343 Guilty Spark. I can't tell you how many times I got lost in that level.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

gear of war 2!!!!!!!!! how the only grafic update going to be making the game more briite? and why cole not main character he rewl

guy dont go on youtube and search my name "jblrulessd" and if yall do plz dont watch my video!!!!!!!!!!! especially chillen at starbuxxxxxx

gear of war 2!!!!!!!!! how the only grafic update going to be making the game more briite? and why cole not main character he rewl

may i ask what you're i.q is? gow2 looks like the game of the year -.-

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I hated The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for one reason: THEY MADE LINK RIGHT-HANDED!!!!! He's always been a lefty and now all of a sudden he's ambidextrous? Nintendo can [cabbage] themselves in the [field] for all I care. :evil:

Sorry about that rant... :oops:

ninja.jpg

no seriously, cut the crap and stop trying to dodge the bullet by pretending the problem doesn't exist. Halo 3 is not TF2, TF2 is a multi-player game. Halo 3 is a multi-player and single-player game. I know Halo 3 single player took a beating from Yhatzee but why are people trying to ignore the problem? Cowards. Halo 3 campaign is meant to be played.

What are you on about? I'm just saying Bungie focused on the multiplayer, and that's the reason people buy the game.

I'm getting sick and tired at people claiming the single player doesn't exist as a pitiful attempt to denounce any criticism towards single player. All Halo games are all intended for a single player and multi-player experience. Why? Because they have both single player and multi-player! Some people buy the game for multi-player experience and some buy it (or use to buy it back when Halo 1 was popular) for the single player campaign.

You're acting like you're mad at me when I didn't develop the game :lol: Calm the [bleep] down.

Mad? Nah, it was more like a disappointment. You're just using the same annoying excuse that many Halo fans use and frankly I had hoped for better from you.

What excuse? That the single player is mediocre? That's not an excuse, it's a FACT. The storyline went downhill after Halo 1. Halo 2's campaign was crap. That's when the series began to take focus on the multiplayer. What expectation did you have for Halo 3? I'm not saying people should ignore the campaign, I'm just saying it's mediocre compared to the online experience.

I'm also speaking from experience. I have 5 RL friends who each has the game. One of them *never* finished the campaign and the other four only did because of achievements to unlock armor pieces. If it wasn't for limpbizkit inviting me to play co-op, I would never have known the ending.

I hated The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for one reason: THEY MADE LINK RIGHT-HANDED!!!!! He's always been a lefty and now all of a sudden he's ambidextrous? Nintendo can [cabbage] themselves in the [field] for all I care. :evil:

You hate the game because he carries his sword in his right hand?

What games DO you like?

What games DO you like?

Not only that, but thats JUST FOR the Wii version. The GameCube version had him hold it in the left hand. Christ, doesn't make him ambidextrous, but most of the population isn't lefty, so they made it righty for motion controls. :|

But why the hell would you hate a game for that? Good story, good length, but you're complaining about him being righty? Jeez. So ya, what games DO you like???

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

uhhhhh you can obviously ask that cuz u just did dw33b

it not gonna be game of year wif metal gear solid 4 out this year too!!!!

guy dont go on youtube and search my name "jblrulessd" and if yall do plz dont watch my video!!!!!!!!!!! especially chillen at starbuxxxxxx

And you're not gonna gain any respect for talking like an annoying fanboy. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it won't be good. Oh, and what's your I.Q.? With the way you're spelling, and talking, I think you think I.Q. means "Intergalactic Quest" or something stupid...Close to that kind of stupidity, anyway...AND to boot, you're judging a game before it actually comes out...

That one wasn't too bad except for the enormous amounts of enemies flung at you. What really was horrible was 343 Guilty Spark. I can't tell you how many times I got lost in that level.

Well that and the monotony. Big corridor, small corridor, big corridor, small corridor etc... till the elevator and then "wait, it gets worse".

What excuse? That the single player is mediocre? That's not an excuse, it's a FACT. The storyline went downhill after Halo 1. Halo 2's campaign was crap. That's when the series began to take focus on the multiplayer. What expectation did you have for Halo 3? I'm not saying people should ignore the campaign, I'm just saying it's mediocre compared to the online experience.

Ok that's more like it, instead of saying "Well it's a multi-player game" you acknowledge the campaign. Passing it off as a multi-player game makes it seem like you're trying to cover-up the flaws (which may or may not be your intention).

And you know what? The single player isn't mediocre, it's decent. I'd say half-decent but I had way too much fun with that kickass 2 hornet vs 2 scarab battle that it automatically gets bumped up to "decent". Sure it's nothing compared to COD4 or HL2 (especially ep 1 & 2) but it's really quite decent. Now this the part where you'll probably think I'm crazy because I had more fun playing the co-op mode rather than multi-player mode (which was, frankly, boring) but I think that's because playing a game in co-op creates a very different feel than playing it alone (I tried halo 2 alone just to see what it was like and it didn't feel nearly as good as when I played halo 1 or 3 with friends)

So, Co-op campaign > Multi-player > single-player campaign

I'm also speaking from experience. I have 5 RL friends who each has the game. One of them *never* finished the campaign and the other four only did because of achievements to unlock armor pieces. If it wasn't for limpbizkit inviting me to play co-op, I would never have known the ending.

Well I'm also speaking from experience despite the fact that I have neither a 360 nor Halo 3. Except I have only 4 friends I played it with. One of which is the one we played the scarab battle with over and over again (and completed the entire game with). Two of which we played only multi-player simply because there were 3 of us (I can't remember if they prefer multi-player, one of them does I think). And finally one girl who I played co-op and multi-player with and we both agreed co-op was better (but admittedly she suddenly becomes a target once she speaks into the mic, making it less fun, and the map designers were obviously on some sort of crack).

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

And you're not gonna gain any respect for talking like an annoying fanboy. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it won't be good. Oh, and what's your I.Q.? With the way you're spelling, and talking, I think you think I.Q. means "Intergalactic Quest" or something stupid...Close to that kind of stupidity, anyway...AND to boot, you're judging a game before it actually comes out...

hahahaha I seriously laughed for a minute straight at that "Intergalactic Quest" statement, But seriously jbl how could you even understand Metal Gear solid 4 you probably weren't even born when the 1st one came out and I would wager you didn't understand half the dialog too. =\
kirby-sig.gif

What games DO you like?

Not only that, but thats JUST FOR the Wii version. The GameCube version had him hold it in the left hand. Christ, doesn't make him ambidextrous, but most of the population isn't lefty, so they made it righty for motion controls. :|

But why the hell would you hate a game for that? Good story, good length, but you're complaining about him being righty? Jeez. So ya, what games DO you like???

It's times like these where I wish I could keep my big mouth shut. I didn't mean to have people start flaming, I was just giving my opinion.

And to the question posed, I love the metroid games, fire emblem games, halo series, call of duty 4, and the usual sports games, especially golf and tennis for Wii.

ninja.jpg

hahahaha I seriously laughed for a minute straight at that "Intergalactic Quest" statement, But seriously jbl how could you even understand Metal Gear solid 4 you probably weren't even born when the 1st one came out and I would wager you didn't understand half the dialog too. =\

@sephiroth king: ok first i not fan boi ok? i have xbox 360 and play gear of war 1 all time add me on 360 my gamertag the group mvp i own you n03b. and when i say i not like it jerk.

@arizark: i born in 91 so go hell i play all metal gear solid 1 2 and 3 but i no have ps3 so i not play 4 yet

Jbl, I'm a year younger than you and still sound and type better than you online... :?

I mean jeez, you claim you're not a fanboy? You're obsessed with flaming GoW2 before it comes out, solely obsessed with MGS4 and claiming it's better, and then go on and say you can "own me no3b"...Sure, you played GoW, but thats obsolete, you haven't played GoW2 and therefore cannot judge it and say MGS4 is better. :|

Good God, people, DFTT!

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I want to add the burnout games to my list

As they've progressed theyve become less about skill of racing and more about crashing around corners smashing other cars to bits. The first one and partly the second took skill to race well avoid hitting masses of traffic, but the newer ones don't seem to be as much avoiding the crashes as getting into them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Who ordered the sony fanboy =/. Its true that Gears 2 is basically gonna be the first with some improvements like new online modes, but isn't that pretty much what any good sequal is?

Gears 2 IMO is what gears should have been like originally. Better netcode and non-random shotgun, more balanced weapons, stylized executions, more game modes (even though horde and guardian seem to ripped straight from RSV2).

The best thing is that they're keeping the core gameplay the same and not drastically changing anything, like the change from Halo 1 to Halo 2 to Halo 3.

jjroxlu7.jpg