Lvl 3 = Noob. Why?

nzall

Go to level 4. Be different.

Or make it a def pure in full dragon. That'll bug 'em.

those both seem like good ideas lol :thumbsup:

most people assume just because that the skiller is lv 3, that they are a noob

its the maturity of the players in this game.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you even listening to these people? And worse.. why are you creating a thread about them? Come on, if you have to hold everyone's opinion in RS as it was something serious... They're morons, let them play in their own little world.

I feel that level 3 is a newb. newb means new to the game. but it is used as an insult.

Everyone gets called as a noob. and yes level 30's have skills like that or was I just a wierdo at that level?

I get called a noob. Mostly by level 3s and other arangments of newbs.

my opinion:

noob:insult that morons use

newb:non-insult used as an insult(I say this to my low-leveled friends as in "don't worry you don't know everything, your still a newb")

nub:friendly insult among friends

Level 3: should go up. your combat level is your show level. I total level now that I have a combat level to suit it. Combat is the level everyone has in common. Many variations but everybody does it. Having a skill acount as your only acount should never be done if you want to have posotive player interaction.

I suggest you go into quick chat only worlds.

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

The question is, Why does it bother you so much? Does it really disrupt your life so badly and cause you such emotional stress that you need to post a rant about why the word noob should be banned. My advice is to just ignore the bullhead! Let him have his little moment of glory and then stick his head back down in his little hole. He isn't worth getting fired up over. :roll:

Green Envy for skillers.

Most people cannot stand losing the competition to lower levels (think mining a mith ore for minutes and a lvl 3 came along and got it right away). What they keep forgetting is that lvl does not equal to skill lvl, except combat.

aalelaabm.jpg

The Haraguroi Club: Where Yandere Thrive for Chopping

• 3 months later...

In my opinion the most likely times for someone to be a "noob" is when they are: CB Lvl 20-40, and maybe 60-70. I think that Lvl 3s are rarely true "noob" because many people like to train skill only. The reason that I think level 20-40 would be noob is because many beggars are at that level, and also because they had some experience, but they still beg. I have also seen some Lvl 60-70 think they're all that good but truly they only train combat. I usually never ever see Lvl 100+ be noob but there are always exceptions to everything. To make it short, Lvl 3s are not always noob and to those who instantly think that they are they may wish to look them up on highscores. (I "started" playing RS at Lvl 5 :P , I leveled up on Tutorial Island)

Little kids want to feel good.

On my scout, I had lvls 30s yell/laugh at me. Sometimes I just had to get on my main...

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

People just "noob-spam" for just about anything now.

You won't lend me that fury? Noob.

You aren't higher than my skill/cb? Noob.

Seriously, I hate when that happens, but the ignore list/public off buttons are a player's best friend in these situations :D

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

Hah. Whenever someone calls me a noob, I reply, "Oh yeah? I bet you've played Runescape Classic too, huh?" That shuts them up. It's actually true, just I play on and off, so when I come back, I forget my password and have to start over again.

And to answer the question in the topic title:

Lvl 3 = Noob. Why? Because Lvl 3's ARE noobs. You're supposed to fight in Runescape, and being Lvl 3 shows that you can't. All the other skills just help you get ready for combat.

We get it, you're level 3. You're special and unique and want a challenge and all those redeeming qualities. You're being persecuted for being special and unique and wanting a challenge. Well, almost all of Runescape is. You're just getting called a noob for a different reason to some people. There's no need to make a big deal out of it - being called a noob comes with the territory when you're level 3. Just get 99 agility or smithing, and people will stop 'abusing' you.

You have to keep in mind that the only outward display of your skills, apart from skillcapes or various skill-related items, is your combat level. And even if we could display our total level instead, skillers still ignore 8 skills, and so your total level is going to be lower than other people with your total exp.

And just in case it seems like I'm against level-3 skillers in any way, one of my best RS friends is a reasonably famous level-3. He, however, knew that until he got his 99s, he was also going to be called a noob.