Lvl 3 = Noob. Why?

nzall

This is probably the 5,000th rant like this...

Im going to take a guess... You've probably either;

A) Been called a noob once or twice and had a hissy fit over it... And the likelihood is you weren't even called a noob over level 3

B) You're either instigated or participated in an argument which has resulted in being called a noob...

Oh, and level 30's also get called noobs... Probably more so than level 3s as its obvious they're not 'skillers'.

People do not just call you a 'noob' for being level 3... And if they do, it does not prompt a weak, 30 word rant...

Hell, Even 120's + is called noobs. :ugeek:

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I wouldn't randomly call someone a noob, I wouldn't even randomly try to start conversation with someone anyway, I do think skillers are a waste of time.

Unless of course you can get 100m+ total xp or something. Seriously, the amount of level 3s wearing a Halloween mask, Cooking skill cape and walking around like they're better than everyone annoys me

I feel exactly the same. Combat is one of the main themes emphasized in runescape, and they offer it in various forms, including the latest addition of summoning. You woodcraft to get wood, then fletch to make weapons, then fight with them. You runecraft to get runes, and use magic attacks with them. You mine to get ore, then smith, and make weapons from them. Nearly all skills have that basis. Why in the world would you reject such a essential piece?

• 1 month later...

Ignore them. They just assume all level 3s are newbies.

Someone called me a noob.. Until I shut up him with my cashpile.. He was begging off of me after.. :lol:

I like my skiller. He may be restricted in so many aspects of the game, but it's nice and relaxing to just skill. :)

It's one of the only visible status symbol on Runescape, besides equipment. Plus, people are stupid, and call everybody stupid. If your're better, you no life. If you're worse, you're a noob.

I'd say just ignore them until you get a skillcape. Then, you'll earn the honor of being called an autoer! -.- :twss:

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I think its really stereotype since people still remember bots, everyone would go around flaming bots, but now since their gone people need something else to insult, i just mute people that are really being jerks, i have heard so many reasons i am a noob that i just ignore them now.

Marksman0010.png

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

-- Voltaire

If you don't want people to call you a noob, then raise your combat. If you don't want to raise your combat, then don't care about what other people think.

Pretty much sums up what I was going to say. I have no problem with skillers, as it is a personal choice, but you have to realize that there are going to be "haters". It's just something that you'll have to deal with, or turn public chat on friends.

just for all of you who don't know or remember, noob WAS censored back in rsc for a while

Noob was censored in rs2 for a while as well, and I'm sure of it because it happened during a short timespan I spent as a f2p'er.

Man, I never want to see so many variations of Noob for the rest of my life.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

People only call others Noobs because they feel that because they have higher combat lvls they are better at runescape than the lower lvled people. As you pointed out, that is not so. But as a lvl 3 you are going to get that no matter what. I would just ignore them and continue playing how you like. If you want to remain a lvl 3, well, that is no problem of theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well people who wear no armour when skilling get called noobs too.

I was mining and some people passing in full rune decided to call me a noob... :wall:

It's called being efficient... I don't want lots of weight when I need run energy... :x

And if you don't wear any armour in F2P(Or P2P for that matter) while walking around your automatically a noob with no cash(Which wasn't true, I was recovering from running a hell lot), and this is with me being a higher combat level... :roll:

I think it's just people who feels bad about their [sarcasm]amazing skills[/sarcasm] at life and resorts to calling people noobs to make themselves feel better....

Why use the word noob anyway? If refering to a new player, it should be newb or even new player *Shock* *Horror*

Why don't you type it out? It's only 6 more keys to press which takes no time at all if you can even basically tell me where the keys are on a whatever keyboard you use.

And the word nub is supposed to be a word for *Higher* level player that acts like a noob....

(official definition: a internet acronym, similar to "noob". HOWEVER, whilst a NOOB is someone who is lame/idiotic because he is new, a NUB is someone who has had the opportunity to learn something new, but never did, and is therefore idiotic/stupid.)

The only people therefore according to this definetion that should even be called NOOBS are people who spams and are generally annoying, a level 3 who walks around innocently wether he is a skiller or not shouldn't be....

weiyao5.png

I am fed up of going into Lumbridge and repeatedly called a noob. So what, I'm lvl 3. Yet i also have lv 40 + in mining, fishing, cooking and smithing. Now are there many lvl 30s with these stats? I think not. Personally I think the word noob (and all its variations) should be banned.

Banning a word won't changes peoples' opinions or prevent rude comments from being made. People call you a noob because "level 3" is the only thing they see. I highly doubt that any of the people who call you a noob actually look you up and find out what your other stats are like before opening their mouths to insult you.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

It's just a word you have to get use to seeing either directed at you or some other fellow for no substantial reason. When I first started playing [again] I almost quit becuase of how many times I got called a noob and concluded that the RS community just wasn't worth playing in, and when I retaliated by flaming it only came back on me as a 24 mute. So after that I learned my lesson and ignored it.

Once you get set into the habit of just not reacting to antagonism playing the game will become much more relaxing.

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

Put it this way, they're jealous that you got better skills than they do. I hate to say it, but you are gonna have to put up being called a noob. On the other hand, you can try to confuse them by using wit to bug them.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

I find it odd, whenever im on my skiller (as i get bored of cobat now and then) i havent been called a noob, neeb,newb or anything else. then when they ask how much i have and say 230k there like "wow! on a lv3! your so cool etc!"

...all i did was merch/tan cowhides. ::'

but remember: ignore list is your friend.

Popoto.~<3

Noob is 10 percent poo, 20 percent lame 15 percenet concentrated power of hate, 5 percent lust,

50 percent word no more and 100 percent reason for you to ignore.

LOL, nice bit of Fort Minor there ;)

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about getting called a noob. It happens to me, yet I've been playing for 2 years, have 1400+ total, a skill at 99, and 20m+ exp. It's crazy!

You're always a "noob" until you have something other people don't have. Then you're a nerd, for playing too much etc.

You can't win, so don't even try. Ignore it.

As for banning the term "noob" what would be the point?

It's not harmful really, just immature ;)

I'm just going to post what I said on a different thread: :D

:boohoo:*epic music*

Tbh..noobs remind me of freshmen, they both are and get treated like dirt.

To broaden the subject: Runescape reminds me of highscool.

Freshmen:noobs

Upperclassmen:everyone except a noob(<-very vague).

You see (or not); the "Upperclassmen" give the "Freshmen" crap AND treat them like it AND they have to take it until they reach a higher status.

So whether or not you understood that..I tried to explain it to the best of my capability.

:D :D

Allybopper.png