Lvl 3 = Noob. Why?

nzall

I am fed up of going into Lumbridge and repeatedly called a noob. So what, I'm lvl 3. Yet i also have lv 40 + in mining, fishing, cooking and smithing. Now are there many lvl 30s with these stats? I think not. Personally I think the word noob (and all its variations) should be banned.

The time of darkness is here. Now the true vampire arises

vincent.jpg

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Final Fantasy 7

Click here for freedom from Macroers!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the word noob (and all its variations) should be banned.

That's why, because your automatic reaction to something you don't like is to forbid anyone from doing it. Noob is commonplace in online games, so it's not up to Jagex to ban it, it's up to you to be mature enough to ignore it and get on with your gaming.

Besides, Jagex had already tried banning noob and it was a total failure when they realized that noob isn't an offensive word and censoring it actually caused its use to increase, that's when people started using all of its variations. Good lucking catching every single one, if you gave me a notepad and an hour or two, I could probably come up with several hundred ways to bypass your newly censored item.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have a level 3 skiller account and I cannot count how many times people have assumed that the character was a nub. It's like, dude, if you looked up my skills mayhaps you wouldn't be throwing that word around so much.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have a level 3 skiller account and I cannot count how many times people have assumed that the character was a nub. It's like, dude, if you looked up my skills mayhaps you wouldn't be throwing that word around so much.

Haha, children & the immature morons in RS actually looking at the Hi-Scores? Ya, that'll happen when I get PKed in the Wildy again. :?

If they don't believe you, then they'll flame you, you tell them to look at the Hi-Scores, they'll have no clue how to, because they're extremely dumb...

Ya, Noob isn't offensive really, it's just what a child or immature idiot uses it to vent out their frustrations because...They're immature. The only time someone should be called a noob is if they're immature, so call them a noob back.

If all fails, when they call you a noob, start saying things like "Why thank you!" That confuses these idiots half the time. When I did it, I got replies like "Thanks for what??" And they'd run away. In a few cases, the immaturity would persist and they'd keep calling me a noob, which is why you ignore them by turning off chat/setting it to friends or ignoring them. In fact, when level 50 idiots call me that (I'm level 75 :ugeek: ) I still do it, they really don't have a clue what to say.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Noob is not a level, but noob can be stated as an annoying attitude some players have. This means if you behave correctly and they call you a noob, it makes them a noob instead of you.

Take care :) and don;t get wind up about it ;)

Just remember the proverb "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me".

Banning "noob" is pointless these immature people will only come up with some ither word to insult you with.

Just ignore them :wall:

not another noob rant. i agree sometimes it is annoying being called a noob but we all must deal with it. and if u r really fed up with them and they start harrassing u then just put them on ignore list.

u r a noob for being worse by being a lower leveled player

u r a noob for having no life and being a higher leveled player.

u r a noob for having the same level as them.

u r a noob for everything... just learn to ignore them.

Noob is 10 percent poo, 20 percent lame 15 percenet concentrated power of hate, 5 percent lust,

50 percent word no more and 100 percent reason for you to ignore.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

People calling others a noob isn't much to be worried about. Most of the time it's because they know they're better than you.

Just ignore them, because you, yourself.. know you aren't a noob.

Skinzo04.png

[saradomin hilt - 3] [Armadyl hilt - 1] [ Bandos hilt - 3]

[ Abyssal whip - 88] [ Dark bow - 7] [ Dragon boots - 100+]

Lol. Sorry, but asking to get 'noob' censored or whatever is always going to get laughed at.. Honestly, I don't see why it is so hard to make fun of or ignore insecure little kids who call everyone a noob.. :| Why do people get all upset about moronic, unoriginal insults that mean absolutely nothing..?

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

It doesn't matter what level you are. I was told when I became a member the 'newb' stuff would get better - if anything, it got worse.

I get called a n00b, at level 63, with full rune. Sure, it's not the best armour - but it's all I can afford, or use at my levels.

Noob to me means Immature gamer. If people want to call you, just ignore them. They are just being idiotic and you need to learn to deal with idiotic people, every game has them and you will come across them every single day unless you turn your chat off.

This is probably the 5,000th rant like this...

Im going to take a guess... You've probably either;

A) Been called a noob once or twice and had a hissy fit over it... And the likelihood is you weren't even called a noob over level 3

B) You're either instigated or participated in an argument which has resulted in being called a noob...

Oh, and level 30's also get called noobs... Probably more so than level 3s as its obvious they're not 'skillers'.

People do not just call you a 'noob' for being level 3... And if they do, it does not prompt a weak, 30 word rant...

Although I wouldn't randomly call someone a noob, I wouldn't even randomly try to start conversation with someone anyway, I do think skillers are a waste of time.

Unless of course you can get 100m+ total xp or something. Seriously, the amount of level 3s wearing a Halloween mask, Cooking skill cape and walking around like they're better than everyone annoys me

I'll tell you why. Because level 3's are the ones that are usually fresh off tutorial island. And honestly, your 40+ stats aren't that great, even for a level 3. What's the point of staying at level 3? nobody's gonna be proud of you for maintaining your cb level at 3 while you mine iron. its not a hard thing to do.

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

Why people call level 3s (or any other low level) noobs? Same reason why a LOT of people hate pures - stereotypes!

People just think you're not good at the game because you're a low level, just play dumb with them, say stuff like "yea ok." and repeated to whatever they say, its fun \'

Staurolite.png

Well there are a lot of stereotypes about level 3's, some people blatantly assume that because you're leevel 3 that you're an autoer, which does make skilling tough.

"Noob" shouldn't and won't be banned, it's not like it's a derogatory term or anything, and I doubt anyone gets personally offended from getting called one. It's better than other names they could be calling you.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

If you don't want people to call you a noob, then raise your combat. If you don't want to raise your combat, then don't care about what other people think.

I have nothing at all against so called level 3 skillers. But wait, combat related stats can't be considered skills? I have a couple of level 3 skillers myself. And they all have some somewhat impressive stats. I quit playing them though. I am always to tempted to fight things.

Here is my big problem with level 3 skillers. I won,t lift a finger to help them because they may be in a situation where it would cause them to have to use combat. Tough deal with it. You work so hard to stay level three with impressive stats, then deal with the tough situations. Afterall, isn't that the whole point. To prove how hard you worked to get these stats while staying a little wussy level? And why should I quit what I am doing to help you, because to you being level three is so glamorous? Am I an [wagon], or am I just helping you to be really proud at how hard you work to remain a level 3.

I could go on and on, but I think most should get the jist of what I am saying?

By the way. I have two accounts that are both over level 100 combat, and I consider both accounts skiller accounts. To me, that is a true skiller. Someone who seeks to make all stats as sweet as possible. Not just some stats.

in4F.gif

Look at my friend, sunny earth. has 5 99s, is lvl 3, and a pmod. In lumbridge, I doubt people are going to take the time look up your stats, unfortunately, and this is just a part of the game, I wouldn't worry about it much.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Or make it a def pure in full dragon. That'll bug 'em.

Very true. Then get a rather difficult skill cape, and all the haters will be silenced.

Anyway, I don't see why people have problems with getting "noob" banned. Why would anyone want to keep that word around? If another insult pops up to replace it, perfect, atleast it will make for some variety.

2480+ total

lol, I got called a noob the other day by a low level in Dragon armour because I was wearing rune. I basically keep three sets or armor. Torags for when I really need the high defense value it provides, Rune when I don't need all that defense value, but still need decent armor, and Proselyte for when I am going to be using prayer like it is going out of style. Keep in mind, I have very high skill total. I personally think dragon is over priced, torags is better. And I hear the argument about having to pay to repair it. Yeah, but you realize how many hours of combat you have before it begins to approach the price of dragon? And then the discount for smithing and having your own repair stand. And then you have the fact it is deferred over time as opposed to having to pay the high sum all at once.

Torags owns Dragon any day of the week.

Out of curiosity, I look this guy up in hi-scores. Imagine that, the only thing he is even ranked in is defense, and it is only at 60. Some peoples children. I guess this guy went and got his defense to 60 just so he could go around calling people noobs. And how the hell does someone afford full dragon armor with no skills. Makes one wonder.

in4F.gif