Which Godsword is the Godsword for you?

Da_Latios

I only really want an SGS, because of how useful it will be when training Slayer and going MH. It has fallen a lot, like you said, but 75M or so is still a lot of money to get. I have had an ZGS before and used it at CW, a bit overrate if you ask me.

For me, no GS is good. I rarely monster hunt, if I play Castle Wars I ancient and flag catch, where a ZGS would not really be handy. For training a whip is better, controlled, so that you don't have to mess with the SS, which leaves the SGS as a speccing weapon for slayer. I'd like it that way, but 70M+ for a speccing weapon is going a bit overboard. Especcially when the SGS is going down (which it is, unless Zilyana's AI is being improved), and you can use the 70M to buy other gear, invest, or buy buyable levels with. But I don't even have to think about it, because I don't have those 70M. (yet?)

Aurei_Animus.png

To start off, i personally love the idea behind the SGS (for never using any GS) and that would be my choice. That being said, I, like most RSians, have a budget and that budget would love to accommodate a DFS, bandos, few sets of barrows i don't own, 99 mage, and an SGS. -.-

Price is a huge make or break deal with most people on this.

I can buy 3 bandos GS's to 1 armadyl GS or 2 bandos GS's and guthans for an SGS.

best GS? Sara :thumbsup:

Price wise? Bandos way under any other GS.

~penguin

frznflames.png

frznflames.png

frznflames.png

Well, from the stats and my own experiences against them, if I could ever afford it, I would use:

Sara gs for PvM, particularly long slayer trips.

Bandos gs for Pvp, especially against tanks.

Zam gs for PvP against flag holders, rangers and in FoG.

Arma gs for pretty much anything.

My personal choice would probably be either Arma or Bandos (Or while I'm dreaming, both ::' ), but if I had enough cash to make up the difference, I would go for the Arma one.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

i personally find bgs very usefull for gwd.. for example i can solo zammy. but only with bgs, if the spec hits really well.

no other gs helps that much

however, if you are really into slayer for example, the healing +pray of sgs is a clear winner..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I could afford all of them, but preffered my SGS. Quests which required food i'd just spec a monster nearby for hp. It was also very useful for barrows and monster hunting. But for slayer, i hard;y needed it with a bunyip out. AGS is too pricey imo for some extra damage, bandos was my first godsword and is ok for the small price, never tried zgs as i never pvp

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

For me? Well it would have to be the SGS.

I was never a fan (or very good) at PvP combat outside of barraging in Cws. All I ever really do is train my combat in slayer or as of late, Spirit mages. This makes the best choice for me is a SGS even tho I have never owned one.

I have owned a BGS and a ZGS so I can comment on them. I didn't mind the BGS, I probably would of liked it when my melee stats today then low 80s but the special still helped (Really annoying when you hit 0 tho because of the 100% bar).

I didn't care for the ZGS. Even in cws, I preferred to barrage even if they were in Karils or D'hide because I didn't have to run up to him to be able to attack giving him time to run/pray/heal ect.

What980.png

voicefb2.png

Personally, I don't like godswords. I'm a hardcore DFS/Whip fan. But if I had to choose one, it would most definitely be AGS.

The SGS is great, it's got an awesome power with it, but with the unicorns, proselyte and 90 prayer, it doesn't seem to be most effective for me.

Potentially hitting 70s with maxed out melees, although not common, seems kind of fun.

Screenshots and videos galore. :)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

really depends on what i am doing...i'm a great fan of CW but since i can barrage i don't really need ZGS...i also love slayer so a SGS would be good for me but then again i love boss hunting as well and love seeing high hits so if i would like a SGS and an armadyl hilt <3:

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Probably the Sara godsword. It's convinience and it's flexibility to allow it to be used anywhere shines pretty well.

I see something wrong though. Godswords definetely don't hit 40 on an average hit considering misses and low hits.

A 20 is too low to make hit comparisons with, and since 40+ is a very common hit, I used 40.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots