Andylax38's 9 Lob Bursting/Barraging Guide

andylax38

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to figure out the ratio of Magic XP to Summoning XP?

When I was last bursting, I got around 180-190k mage xp and 110k summoning xp per 1k bursts.

2dvjurb.png

When I was last bursting, I got around 180-190k mage xp and 110k summoning xp per 1k bursts.

Thanks! That's very helpful. Were you using all charm colors or just Crimson, though?

[hide=Reason]I'm trying for 137 with just untrimmed HP and every XP will count.

If I had, let's say, 4.6m remaining Magic XP to be used for charm gathering, and I used your estimates, and I wanted to be extra careful, I'd say that it was 100k Summoning XP per 200k Magic XP, and I would get about 2.3m Summoning XP.[/hide]

2dgucz6.png

Thanks! That's very helpful. Were you using all charm colors or just Crimson, though?

[hide=Reason]I'm trying for 137 with just untrimmed HP and every XP will count.

If I had, let's say, 4.6m remaining Magic XP to be used for charm gathering, and I used your estimates, and I wanted to be extra careful, I'd say that it was 100k Summoning XP per 200k Magic XP, and I would get about 2.3m Summoning XP.[/hide]

Yeah, that's using all charms. If you want to use just crimsons, it's around 260 of those. (325 xp/granite lob, so you'd get around 25k xp off the other charms).

2dvjurb.png

7 pages of posts ..so it's easier to ask a few things here.

Smoke barrage or ice burst?(barrage is cheaper and more xp).

Average amount of charms/1k casts.I use all the charms.

Thanks for the info.

Smoke if it's cheaper, I've never tried it so I'm not sure how it hits on rock lobs but I doubt it's much different then Ice Barrage. It is 474.3 charms per 1k cast bursting and 613.2 charms per 1k cast barrage.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

3K casts? Dude even if its your first trip that is horrendous o.O No offence lol.

I second this. I seriously hope you meant 3k deaths, and even then it's still not very good :shock:

2dvjurb.png

• 2 weeks later...

first of all great guide, i have used it to get 1.5k crims and it works great. one suggestion of something to add to your guide is that a sara godsword replaces the need for p pots. i have been at rock lobs now for over 4k casts and have not drank one p pot dose. i use about 4 prayer points per lure and i have +29 prayer bonus (sgs, neitiznot, proselyte plate and legs)

first of all great guide, i have used it to get 1.5k crims and it works great. one suggestion of something to add to your guide is that a sara godsword replaces the need for p pots. i have been at rock lobs now for over 4k casts and have not drank one p pot dose. i use about 4 prayer points per lure and i have +29 prayer bonus (sgs, neitiznot, proselyte plate and legs)

how often do you run out of energy w/ that setup

77yLQy8.png

Is it worth it to bring runes of blood burst/barrage as well, so should I keep those at home?

Is it worth it to bring runes of blood burst/barrage as well, so should I keep those at home?

I just bring a bunyip w/ scrolls... if you have time waiting for lobs to spawn you can toss it raw lobsters for water runes (if you toss every lobster you get, you'll get like 3.3k water runes per 1k barrages)

also the scroll lets you eat raw food, and they have a 100% drop of raw lobsters so it's handy. plus the bunyip never attacks lobsters to distract them

also, with the new update I guess it's best to focus on prayer-boosting gear now rather than weight-reducing since energy's restored ridiculously fast now

77yLQy8.png

rocklobssetup.png

With this setup I got this:

rocklobstrip1.png

No prayer potions used. Only sgs and blood burst to heal. I think I finished this trip the day before the energy restore update came out btw.

I also used sgs to ko a lobster when there was only one left, in order to save bursts.

Hmm that's pretty interesting, I've got an SGS I'll try this out sometime. Want to see how great the run energy update is for bursting anyway so I'll test it out.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Is it just me, or is the lobster nearest the death pile more aggressive now? I get hit by it every time I'm luring and need to pick up charms now. I'll get a pic of which lob I'm talking about in a sec.

EDIT: Here it is.

andystuff.png

If I move 1 step lower, its aggressive now. Never was before.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Yeah. The spot where you're standing is now the ONLY spot where everyone will be unaggressive to you. In the usual spot, the lobster right to the north is aggressive to you, too. :x

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

axyzb8.png

raw data for you :S (used wealth btw)

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Just finished my first ever run. I was really pleased with the result:

rlob.png

150k of loot, 2 irits I got were banked when I took this pic.

That's from the exact same setup you posted in your guide (3150 casts). I had 3 changes that I should've done but didn't: I didn't bring my SGS, I didn't bring my wizard boots, and I should've put a Zammy cape instead of trimmed str cape. Maybe I could've gotten over 900(0? :lol: ) with those. Doesn't bother me too much though. Seeing as this is my first run, I'm really happy with the result.

I have noticed that using pack yak on trips is not too bad idea, at least you can send to bank such items as herbs and fire and water talismans and half keys etc. And if want longer trips can store prayer pots into it. Since yak doesn't fight it won't distract luring. Also, with it you can use fremennik boots and lyra to teleport to waterbirth island when going to trip and then bank them both. So it's pretty convenient.

Also I haven't seen anyone else saying how many charms they are actually getting per hour so I decided to track it a bit too. I guess some people reading this guide might find it as interesting info too.. My setup was battle robes, barrows gloves, unholy book, amulet of fury, ring of life, guthix cape, ancient staff and infinity boots. MY magic level is 99.

After 1 hour I had got following amounts of charms:

Gold: 70

Green: 40

Crimson: 129

Blue: 2

Total: 241

During 2nd hour I got charms:

Gold: 84

Green: 64

Crimson: 150

Blue: 9

Total: 307

Thus, after 2 hours I had got following total:

Gold: 154

Green: 104

Crimson: 279

Blue: 10

Total: 547

Sucked a bit during first hour when luring, yeah :P

Then the actual reason why i went there, I wanted to try out battle robes of Fist of Guthix. I started with 2k ice barrage casts (2000 blood, 4000 death and 6000 water runes)+ 499 soul runes (didn't take extra bloods for it)

Trip ended when I ran out of water runes after 2 hour 30 minutes. At that point I had following amounts of runes left:

Blood: 70

Death: 300

Water: 0

Soul: 445

Feel free to figure something out of it if you want :) My robes degraded from 80% down to 40%.

I prefer to do this when luring.After I trap the daganoths behind the torch, I go at the safespot place.

spyb7s.png

This forces the lobs to stay on the lower side.I give them a few seconds to get in place.Then I move onto the blue square then I click back on the red square.Atleast for me it seems easier, no more lobsters running around or 1-2 of them getting trapped below the rock.

I prefer to do this when luring.After I trap the daganoths behind the torch, I go at the safespot place.

spyb7s.png

This forces the lobs to stay on the lower side.I give them a few seconds to get in place.Then I move onto the blue square then I click back on the red square.Atleast for me it seems easier, no more lobsters running around or 1-2 of them getting trapped below the rock.

I did the same, except everything was 1 square south. Don't even need to pray.