Andylax38's 9 Lob Bursting/Barraging Guide

andylax38

Also - smoke spells are cheaper than ice spells now... their max hits are only 3 lower but they poison for like 8 damage so it's best to use smoke burst and smoke barrage now

Smoke Barrage only does 4 poison damage unfortunately.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also - smoke spells are cheaper than ice spells now... their max hits are only 3 lower but they poison for like 8 damage so it's best to use smoke burst and smoke barrage now

Smoke Barrage only does 4 poison damage unfortunately.

Either way - still should be more efficient

77yLQy8.png

IF i bursted 86-99, Aprox how much would it cost? :o

It's about 10m exp and would take about 54k casts, which using the prices from 7/7/08 that I have in the guide would cost about 58m gp. No one said bursting was cheap. :P

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Very nice I added it to the statistics and gave you credit for it, if you don't want it on there just let me know and I'll take it down. Need all the statistics I can get to make the data more reliable so if anyone else wants to post a after trip screenshot such as the one above feel free.

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Nice guide, it made it very clear how to do the method, but it makes it sound much more harder than it really is. Planning on using this for 99 mage.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Nice guide, it made it very clear how to do the method, but it makes it sound much more harder than it really is. Planning on using this for 99 mage.

Makes people concentrate till they get comfortable then, better this way round ::'

Theres definitely something wrong with your barraging stats. I definitely do not get 474 crimsons per 1k casts, and the pictures i see on this thread agree. its more like ~350

You don't need that much magic att bonus... I've made several trips to the lobs now, both with full void mage and prayer-boosting, weight-reducing gear. My friend also compared full mage-boosting gear to the lesser gear... the results were the same...

When it comes to comparing the costs of things at the lobsters, you wanna calculate it in terms of average amount of spells per roundup. Like, when ice barraging - most of the time it takes 13 barrages to destroy a roundup (9 lobsters). When using all 3 different styles (void/max mage att/lightweight-pray), the average amount of barrages was always 13, proving that magic att bonus is insignificant. I wear...

God mitre

God stole

Ahrim top

Ahrim bottom

Zammy book

Mystic water staff (saves like 96gp per cast + autocast loses its edge after about 8 spells every roundup)

Spottier cape

Penance gloves

Boots of lightness

Ring of life

So this leaves me with a whopping +20 prayer bonus, only 6kg of weight, and the same magic power as the highest possible magic att bonus setup. Plus, there's no need to switch any armor while running around to conserve prayer.

I also bring a bunyip with me and forget about blood spells (mostly cuz they make me lose track of ice barrage average calculations). since raw lobsters are a 100% drop and bunyips let you eat raw food, you don't need to worry about healing after each roundup if the bunyip's being too slow. plus the bunyip never strays and attacks lobsters unlike the other familiars. also you can pick up and use all 9 raw lobsters on the bunyip to convert them into water runes while you wait for lobsters to respawn and you wait for energy to go back up. Since I only carry 6kg of weight, I'm always at 100% energy before the next roundup. Also, I get about 3.5k water runes per trip from doing that (I can only tolerate 1k barrages per trip).

I also use up 6.5 prayer pots per 1k barrages but the cost of prayer pots compared to barrages is negligible.

more info (where I learned about the different equipment setup):

your setup is almost exactly like mine, with one difference - i use infinity bottom. ahrim's robebottom weighs 10.5kg, infinity robebottom weighs 2kg. small sacrifice in magic att makes up for the 8.5kg, i think. I'm always near 100%

Theres definitely something wrong with your barraging stats. I definitely do not get 474 crimsons per 1k casts, and the pictures i see on this thread agree. its more like ~350

You don't need that much magic att bonus... I've made several trips to the lobs now, both with full void mage and prayer-boosting, weight-reducing gear. My friend also compared full mage-boosting gear to the lesser gear... the results were the same...

When it comes to comparing the costs of things at the lobsters, you wanna calculate it in terms of average amount of spells per roundup. Like, when ice barraging - most of the time it takes 13 barrages to destroy a roundup (9 lobsters). When using all 3 different styles (void/max mage att/lightweight-pray), the average amount of barrages was always 13, proving that magic att bonus is insignificant. I wear...

God mitre

God stole

Ahrim top

Ahrim bottom

Zammy book

Mystic water staff (saves like 96gp per cast + autocast loses its edge after about 8 spells every roundup)

Spottier cape

Penance gloves

Boots of lightness

Ring of life

So this leaves me with a whopping +20 prayer bonus, only 6kg of weight, and the same magic power as the highest possible magic att bonus setup. Plus, there's no need to switch any armor while running around to conserve prayer.

I also bring a bunyip with me and forget about blood spells (mostly cuz they make me lose track of ice barrage average calculations). since raw lobsters are a 100% drop and bunyips let you eat raw food, you don't need to worry about healing after each roundup if the bunyip's being too slow. plus the bunyip never strays and attacks lobsters unlike the other familiars. also you can pick up and use all 9 raw lobsters on the bunyip to convert them into water runes while you wait for lobsters to respawn and you wait for energy to go back up. Since I only carry 6kg of weight, I'm always at 100% energy before the next roundup. Also, I get about 3.5k water runes per trip from doing that (I can only tolerate 1k barrages per trip).

I also use up 6.5 prayer pots per 1k barrages but the cost of prayer pots compared to barrages is negligible.

more info (where I learned about the different equipment setup):

your setup is almost exactly like mine, with one difference - i use infinity bottom. ahrim's robebottom weighs 10.5kg, infinity robebottom weighs 2kg. small sacrifice in magic att makes up for the 8.5kg, i think. I'm always near 100%

That's a very good idea - and yeah, I average 350 crimsons per 1k barrages as well

I'll start using infinity bottoms in the future :D

77yLQy8.png

I swear magic bonus does affect it.. I get usually like 310 crimsons per 1k bursts and like 380+ crimsons per 1k barrage (from what I remember) and thats in full ahrims, fury, ancient staff, mages book, god cape, inf boots, seers ring... and if i remember right, i was getting like 210k mage exp per 1k bursts... don't remember the barrage.

There is no way you're getting 494 crimsons per 1k barrage... thats just insanely high. You gotta look into that a little >.>

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I swear magic bonus does affect it.. I get usually like 310 crimsons per 1k bursts and like 380+ crimsons per 1k barrage (from what I remember) and thats in full ahrims, fury, ancient staff, mages book, god cape, inf boots, seers ring... and if i remember right, i was getting like 210k mage exp per 1k bursts... don't remember the barrage.

There is no way you're getting 494 crimsons per 1k barrage... thats just insanely high. You gotta look into that a little >.>

Your crimson numbers / lob are also high.

Doing over 15k bursts, my average was like 270 crimsons per 1k bursts. I dunno how big your samples were but it seems a bit strange. I was wearing around 105 mage bonus btw.

Your crimson numbers / lob are also high.

Doing over 15k bursts, my average was like 270 crimsons per 1k bursts. I dunno how big your samples were but it seems a bit strange. I was wearing around 105 mage bonus btw.

I was in +123 mage bonus. Then again, I think a major difference was I tended to melee/rush/blitz the last lobster (they're weak to crush so ancient staff works well) quite often... but I don't think that should improve it by 40 crimson by itself.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

I'm aware of how off the crimson for barraging data is... I wasn't given a vast amount of data for it and none of it so far is my own. I'm in the middle of getting 99 mage barraging there, finished one trip and averaged 360 crims per 1k barrages which I think is about right. I'll probably get two more trips in before 99 mage so once I add those to the current data it should look a lot better. The reason it is so off right now is because the sample size for the barraging data is very small and the trips that were done vary greatly in the number of casts used which causes it to be skewed. When I add my 3 trips of 2k barrages to the data it should greatly improve the statistics. As far as mage bonus having an affect I'm still not sure, my last trip I did using muggi's setup and averaged 360 crim per 1k barrages. Think I'll do the next one with max mage bonus and see how they compare. My guess is they'll be very similar which would make using the weight reducing setup more beneficial.

I love how much the discussion helped me <3: :thumbup:

So I'm wondering, should I use a Bunyip? Or Blood spells... I've been hearing mixed opinions...

I'd say blood spells. The costs are high enough that the difference of using 2 bloods every few lures is very neglible. I did bring a bunyip myself sometimes though.

If I use a 9 spot, should I bring Proselyte legs or Monk legs? They have equal Prayer bonuses, yet one weighs a lot more then another.

I bring Proselyte for the prayer, though.

I went there yesterday for the first time and brought verac's skirt for luring, extra range defence too.

Went quite well once I figured out I shouldn't lure that 10th lobster, but had to tele after 500 bursts. I was trapping the dagganoths, and all of a sudden I was down to 13 hp after the range daggs/wallasalki owned me.

Am I just unlucky that they suddenly hit me so high or is there a way to prevent this (I was at around 75 hp when I started the lure, and I still had melee pray on when I appeared in my house :?)?

2dvjurb.png

If I use a 9 spot, should I bring Proselyte legs or Monk legs? They have equal Prayer bonuses, yet one weighs a lot more then another.

I went there yesterday for the first time and brought verac's skirt for luring, extra range defence too.

Went quite well once I figured out I shouldn't lure that 10th lobster, but had to tele after 500 bursts. I was trapping the dagganoths, and all of a sudden I was down to 13 hp after the range daggs/wallasalki owned me.

Am I just unlucky that they suddenly hit me so high or is there a way to prevent this (I was at around 75 hp when I started the lure, and I still had melee pray on when I appeared in my house :?)?

You might be spending too much time standing in the trap spot by the torch, once you get the rhythm down to the lure its possible to only use 3 prayer points per lure so if your using a lot more then that you might just want to keep working on the technique. Other then that you might have just gotten unlucky, why I suggest bringing a ROL, the wallasalki and range daggs have the potential to hit you high and quickly.

I brought monk robe bottom and that helped me stay higher energy a lot. However, a better alternative is a mitre -- you'll have more melee def (so you can no pray the first 3 lobs... then when they stack up outrun them) and mage def for the wallasalkis. Range def will be the same. And I still had proselyte body.

Gl with the results andy :P I got 99 mage mostly there too ^^

I love how much the discussion helped me <3: :thumbup:

So I'm wondering, should I use a Bunyip? Or Blood spells... I've been hearing mixed opinions...

You could try both - both of them can't heal you instantly, but bunyip isn't guaranteed to heal you to a safe level after you finish off the lobsters. Of course, you could bring both; i don't know much much on bloods that would save but it might save a bit, at the cost of prayer potions

And for the comment between monk robes and veracs, i would use veracs until you get the hang of it; with my low def setup i still have leftover prayer pots from my trips (of ~1k+ crimsons)